None of the waived players moved

hupette gros

The problem with Denis, is that if we do end up needing him, he has to pass through waivers on the way up. So he's pretty much gone for the big club the entire season.

true... but who knows, he could clear... He cleared on the way down, didn't he?

On another note, Jamie Rivers was quoted as saying: "I would like to be claimed, because I want to play in the NHL and I think I proved I can still play in the NHL," he said.

AC's note: That's your 1st mistake Rivers, that's the wrong attitude. You were not claimed and didn't cut with the Canadiens. Maybe you are not so proven as you think you are :blink:

Well obviously know one else thinks he (Rivers) can play in the league because they could have him for nothing.

That rings a bell, didn't another habs D man go throught he same thing, know one wants him but the habs.

It just goes to show, we tend to overrate our own prospects.

Another possibility is that teams aren't really paying too much detailed attention to one another's camps.

A third is that teams have an unspoken gentleman's agreement not to raid each others' cupboards at this time of year, unless there's a really strong reason to do so. I doubt that any of our players would have been really obvious, massive assets to other clubs out there. It's not like we cut Sidney Crosby.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

I have a collage with who I consider our best prospects. I made it months ago. None of the following players are on it:

Jean-Philippe Côté, Jamie Rivers, Mathieu Biron, Andrew Archer, Jonathan Ferland, Corey Locke, Duncan Milroy and Cory Urquhart.

D'Agostini and Sergei Kostitsyn are on it. But in these 2 players' cases, they didn't make the team not because they are poor prospects but rather they need training versus the above list who are revealing that they are career "AHL'ers" at best.

Well obviously know one else thinks he (Rivers) can play in the league because they could have him for nothing.

That rings a bell, didn't another habs D man go throught he same thing, know one wants him but the habs.

Bouillon??

You're right he could be wave and nobody would pick him up.

And it would free money from cap space.

It just goes to show, we tend to overrate our own prospects.

Another possibility is that teams aren't really paying too much detailed attention to one another's camps.

A third is that teams have an unspoken gentleman's agreement not to raid each others' cupboards at this time of year, unless there's a really strong reason to do so. I doubt that any of our players would have been really obvious, massive assets to other clubs out there. It's not like we cut Sidney Crosby.

There's little upside in any of the guys that were waived. 4th line forwards, bottom pairing d-men, and a backup goalie. Teams tend to have plenty of these guys, or at least think there own young guy is as good as these guys, or at least they know what they have better than these random Habs players.

It's not that guys like Milroy, Ferland, Locke, Cote, Rivers, and Danis can't cut it given the opporutnity, it's just not worth the bother for many teams. Danis was a bit different of a situation because it's tough to be more than 3 deep in goal, and some teams aren't even that deep. Atlanta might be worried with Lehtonen hurt, but they have Hedberg (who started 2 games in the playoffs for them and did well), Brathwaite, and a good prospect in Pavelec. LA would rather give Bernier a 9 game tryout than go for a guy like Danis just yet, plus they have Labarbera and Aubin as options. One more goalie with not a lot of credentials is not what they need.