Game Thread | Habs vs. Sens | 09/29/07

Spider-Man NL

Well, my friends. I caught a bit of the game online at habs TV. not bad. but I'll still watch with RDS. The third period I listened online but this time via the radio. At least it was not as choppy. I'm not willing to pay to see the habs online just yet. Service needs to be ramped up and their streaming video needs some help.

NOW, the game was a completely different matter altogether. I'm impressed that we could muster four goals and great chemistry with the kids, against a fully loaded high powered offense like the Sens were last night.

I will caution; the kids on one issue. And this is my read after hearing Bob Gainey on CJAD between the 2nd and 3rd period. IMO, based on Gainey's words. This season will see many faces new faces in the lineup. Transitioning from Hamilton and Montreal. If you don't perform you sit; and if you play and do whats expected. You will have more ice time.

I believe, last nights game was a reward to the kids; who have played an outstanding exhibition season.

IMO we are ready for a very exciting season. Lets pray the habs come out of the gates, winnning games and putting up big numbers. in all areas.

But more importantly, lets pray for consistency; if Gainey is true to his word and the kids 5-6 of them move up and down between hamilton and montreal... I believe his words were "they are only a phone call away." Then the challenge will be to integrate them into the system and game plan for the night, or week or weeks that they will be up with the big club.

I"m very happy to see things where they are with the team. I'm encouraged by my fav. kid Chipper. To say he is a "blue chip" prospect would not be an understatement. O'bryne too has been impressing but most D-men need time to develop; and he will in time raise his game even higher, I'm confident on that. PRICE! price! PRICE! is right. for the club. but I'm of two minds at point. I'd be fine with him staying up or moving down to hamilton and returning if we need help in net. His big frame and solid positioning and temper; will do him well in any league but he needs to be challenged to grow. That will happen in Montreal and Hamilton, with such high expectations for the Baby Habs to repeat the Calder drive of last year.

GO HABS GO!

GO HABS GO!

GO HABS GO!

Edited by Chips

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what i have seen, Ottawa first goal= blind pass from Breezer.

He had a bad night same for Hammer.

For me having them as a pair is not an option.

Streit is a way better option even if he does not play his side.

Breezer is here to play as a depth defense not a top four.

Chipchura did not log that much ice time. He did very well but i am still

on a thin wire about what Carbo plan is.

Kostopoulos is coming around in the last two games, big hits, he has earned is spot,

finally.

Huet was just ok we need him to play over his head/talent to win some games.

It's the way it is in MTL this year we gonna need work and work, luck and luck again.

PTG !?!?! is that you with an ugly moustache?

If you are talking about my pic, then you are wrong because it ain't me with an ugly moustache, it is my favorite non-habs...

George Perros!

The only thing I didn't like bout this game was BREEZE-BY's giveaway which lead to a goal. Get used to that from him.

again, it was his first game...

I'm sure he will giveaway pucks during the season, it is inevitable, but considering it was his first game after months of not playing plus coming off an injury, I think he's allowed to be a step behind with his game this early.

The only thing I didn't like bout this game was BREEZE-BY's giveaway which lead to a goal. Get used to that from him.

I was at the game and sitting in a section behind the Habs net for Ottawa's first goal. Now I'm not the biggest Brisebois fan on here, but that giveaway was all Huet's fault. I love how nobody is mentioning that anywhere. He came out of his net instead of simply letting the puck roll to Brisebois. Then, instead of just stopping it for him, he tries to pass it to him which goes over Patrice's stick right to the Sens player. My heart skips a beat everytime Huet comes out of his net because he's not the best at it, and on that goal (at least from my perspective and vantage point), it was his fault.

If you are talking about my pic, then you are wrong because it ain't me with an ugly moustache, it is my favorite non-habs...

George Perros!

lol you missed the point, it was related to the post, not the pic. PTG is well known to write a post and ask question who have already been answered early in the thread just because he don't mind to read more than the 3 or 4 previous posts... was a joke...

I was at the game and sitting in a section behind the Habs net for Ottawa's first goal. Now I'm not the biggest Brisebois fan on here, but that giveaway was all Huet's fault. I love how nobody is mentioning that anywhere. He came out of his net instead of simply letting the puck roll to Brisebois. Then, instead of just stopping it for him, he tries to pass it to him which goes over Patrice's stick right to the Sens player. My heart skips a beat everytime Huet comes out of his net because he's not the best at it, and on that goal (at least from my perspective and vantage point), it was his fault.

Very valid point. If that was Price he would have sent a forward in on a breakaway. ;)