Notable player demotions/cuts today

Mr. Nasty

Letang was cut from the Penquins. A lot of people had high hopes for him this year.

Other notables.

Downey signed by Detroit

Johnson likely to stay with the Blues

Salmaleinen cut and on waivers

Cullimore not offered contract

Grigorenko demoted

Denis Gauthier on waivers

Anson Carter not offered contract

Marcel Hossa on thin ice...may not make cut

Tanabe not offered contract

Bourdon demoted

McGillis not offered contract

Marcel Hossa on thin ice...may not make cut

"Marcel Hossa is close to earning a spot on the top line with Scott Gomez and Jaromir Jagr.

Coach Tom Renney is known for juggling his lines, and even positions, among his forward ranks. With 12 veteran forwards in camp, the focus is more on combinations rather than who will make the team. Hossa has played the bulk of camp with Jagr and Gomez, and looked good on the top line late last season. However, Renney must also decide what to do with Petr Prucha and a prospect like Nigel Dawes, as both have their offensive talents wasted on the third and fourth lines. The most likely scenario is that Renney will try out combinations throughout the season."

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...9&sport=NHL

I read the same type of thing in the Gazette a couple of weeks ago. It's a big surprise to me to hear he may not even crack the lineup.

"Marcel Hossa is close to earning a spot on the top line with Scott Gomez and Jaromir Jagr.

Coach Tom Renney is known for juggling his lines, and even positions, among his forward ranks. With 12 veteran forwards in camp, the focus is more on combinations rather than who will make the team. Hossa has played the bulk of camp with Jagr and Gomez, and looked good on the top line late last season. However, Renney must also decide what to do with Petr Prucha and a prospect like Nigel Dawes, as both have their offensive talents wasted on the third and fourth lines. The most likely scenario is that Renney will try out combinations throughout the season."

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...9&sport=NHL

I read the same type of thing in the Gazette a couple of weeks ago. It's a big surprise to me to hear he may not even crack the lineup.

Yeah, I read that too a couple weeks ago but a lot has changed since then. That statement was made on September 18. The start of preseason is a pretty bold time to make predictions. The Rangers spent a lot of money on Centres and little on left wingers.

Today from Spectors:

New York Rangers: will likely retain veteran forward Marcel Hossa despite the fact Nigel Dawes out-performed him in training camp. Demoting Hossa would mean placing him on waivers which he's unlikely to clear.

Edited by Mr. Nasty