Game Thread | Montreal vs. Carolina | 10/03/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saku Koivu is on pace for 164 goals this season.

Oh, sorry. *knockonwood*

sens laffs I hate them both so much that a tie is my preference :lol:

sorry about that I seem to be repeating myself

That was a really good game. Hopefully everyone stays healthy throughout the season and we can keep this up. :clap:

Gah. I didn't like what I saw for most of that game. But Kovalev, Koivu, Higgins, Markov and especially Streit deserve a pat on the back. Had Streit not been a man possessed we would have been down 3 or 4 nothing before we even got a chance to regain momentum.

Grabovski surprised me with the amount of physical play he used, but he still made a lot of mistakes.

Brisebois is interesting. Makes lots of good plays, good rushes up ice, nice passes, yet he also makes a lot of odd giveaways.

Kostitsyn needs to pick up his game, he looked scared to get involved after he was leveled in the first half of the game.

Nice to get 2 points but we did not play our best game, that second period was near pathetic. Go Habs go! :hlogo:

Outstanding.

Good job Habs!

Played particularly well:

- Koivu - and some people still have the nerve to question him as a 1st line center... die in a fire koivu haters

- Brisebois - i'm impressed with his play so far. I decided to accept him in Montreal and forget about the past, and i'm glad i did. A fresh start for Brisebois, and so far he isn't disappointing

- Markov - how many times did you hear markov's name tonight? not many, and that's a great thing. i had my eye on him the whole game, and he seemed incredibly solid, zero mistakes

- Huet - asside from that sloppy goal, he was outstanding. That stick save from behind... incredible. Luck played a part, obviously, but still. What a save.

- The 4th line - There were times i thought our 4th line was our 2nd! Great work Bégin and co.

- Almost forgot : Streit - he keeps improving, and he seems more and more like a complete defenseman every game. His slap shot is pretty impressive too! Sheldon who?

I'm also pleased with Kovalev, although he wasn't particularly amazing, he was consistent the whole game, as was the Kovy grabs #### line. I hope to see more of them! Keep it up Kovy, i'm rooting for you. Nothing i'd like to see more than Kovy play to his full potential.

Cataclaw's gold star of the match goes to: RDS HD - for making me cry tears of joy

Edited by Cataclaw

YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!

i LOST MY VOICE BEFORE OVER TIME EVEN STARTED LOL!!

GREAT GAME SPECIAL K!!!!!

How bout streit

I remember last year everyone wanted him gone, not signed, sent to the minors or just plain shoved under the bus, my how a little time can change the perspective. It did take him some time to adapt but he looks like a very good signing now. PATIENCE

After all the talk about Toskala being a significant/big/huge upgrade over Raycroft, Ray gets the opening night start.

Yeah and Raycroft was already being booed.

Pierre MacGuire: "Maybe that's why they chose to start Racycroft tonight." So the fans can get attached to Toskala and realize he's as good as they'll get.

After all the talk about Toskala being a significant/big/huge upgrade over Raycroft, Ray gets the opening night start.

We should trade them Halak for their 1st rounder... :rolleyes:

couldnt see the game as center ice cant get their shit together with cablevision in new york, but come from behind win on road + 40 shots + good goaltending + saks shutting pussywilliams up is all good to these eyes.

Gah. I didn't like what I saw for most of that game. But Kovalev, Koivu, Higgins, Markov and especially Streit deserve a pat on the back. Had Streit not been a man possessed we would have been down 3 or 4 nothing before we even got a chance to regain momentum.

Grabovski surprised me with the amount of physical play he used, but he still made a lot of mistakes.

Brisebois is interesting. Makes lots of good plays, good rushes up ice, nice passes, yet he also makes a lot of odd giveaways.

Kostitsyn needs to pick up his game, he looked scared to get involved after he was leveled in the first half of the game.

Nice to get 2 points but we did not play our best game, that second period was near pathetic. Go Habs go! :hlogo:

I walked in 5-6 minutes into the second. After the Canes 5 on3 the Habs dominated the play. Brisebois looks competent for large stretches then out of nowhere makes inexplicable turnovers. He turned the puck over 3-4 times in his own zone for no reason at all.

Streit was great and it was nice to win a game that they deserved to win. It has not been often in the last 5 years where the Habs outshot somebody by 10.

Nice start.

Edited by Wamsley01

as was the Kovy grabs #### line.

You need to clarify - it's the "Kovy grabs big ####" line - or else they may confuse the #### with Lil ####, though these #### are definitely the bigger ones.