Everything P.K. Subban

JMMR

This kid is the Canadian version of Ovechkin in terms of personality.

Here are some quotes of his.

Im going to bring another Stanley Cup to Montreal and then bring the Cup back home, parade it through the streets of Toronto and let all the kids touch it proclaimed Montreal Canadiens second-round pick Pernell Karl Subban, an Etobicoke raised junior, who has honed his skills under coach George Burnett with the Belleville Bulls.

If I was taken in the first round by another team, I wouldnt be as happy as being taken in the second round by Montreal [43rd overall].

Quote:

I make the most of my opportunities, P.K. said. My mindset is to make the team in September. If you don’t have that mindset than why bother.

My motto is to do whatever it takes. I believe m a big piece of the puzzle for Montreal.

I love this kid already.

"I started as a Toronto fan but my dad is the biggest Montreal fan in the world," said Subban. "You walk in our house and there's Habs flags everywhere.

"So I ended up growing up a huge Habs fans. This is truly amazing."

"I'm definitely an offensive defenceman," he said. "My favourite player was Bobby Orr, and I also liked Denis Savard, loved the Savard spinnerama."

Edited by JMMR

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P.K. SUBBAN

Belleville • OHL

5'11", 200 lbs. Defense, shoots right

Born: May 13, 1989 in Toronto, Ontario

Final Ranking: 102 • Mid-Term Ranking: 130 • North American Skater

Personal Profile: Nicknames are Subbanator and Subbz… if he had the chance

to have dinner with any three people he would choose Bobby Orr, Michael Jordan

and Scotty Bowman “because of their accomplishments”… most memorable

hockey games watched:World Junior Championship games between Canada and

Russia “they are always intense”… most memorable hockey game played: Brick

Super Novice International Tournament in Edmonton, Alberta – “we won and I

was MVP”… admires Kam Brothers – “he has always given me great advice”…

credits his parents for having the most influence on his career – “even through

tough times they stayed positive”… patterns his game after Bobby Orr – “he

made all of his teammates better”… favorites include: Montreal Canadiens (NHL

team), The Chappelle Show (TV show), Gladiator (movie), Denzel Washington

(actor), Jay-Z (rap artist) and NHL 2007 (video game).

Statistics

Season Team League GP G A PTS PIM

2006-07 Belleville OHL 68 15 41 56 89

I guess the fan club is started already. I thought he was a reach at #43; but his personnality alone is a skill. He'll push the other D-men prospects to step up at camp too.

As far as projection alone is concerned; I'd be more than thrilled if Subban gets to develop as some sort of Brian Campbell 3-4 years down the road. Subban is a little more bulky; but otherwise they're comparable in style and junior stats at the same age.

Campbell was a bust in the old NHL because of his size; but now he's a great puck rushing D-man that plays a big role in the Sabres run-and-gun style. If Subban gets to mean the same thing to the Habs D, he'd be a steal.

I guess the fan club is started already. I thought he was a reach at #43; but his personnality alone is a skill. He'll push the other D-men prospects to step up at camp too.

As far as projection alone is concerned; I'd be more than thrilled if Subban gets to develop as some sort of Brian Campbell 3-4 years down the road. Subban is a little more bulky; but otherwise they're comparable in style and junior stats at the same age.

Campbell was a bust in the old NHL because of his size; but now he's a great puck rushing D-man that plays a big role in the Sabres run-and-gun style. If Subban gets to mean the same thing to the Habs D, he'd be a steal.

I'm sure you miss your hawks.

Maybe we can convert Pernell into a winger. His D is non existent and he can quarterback the PP and play the point (has the speed to catch guys if they beat him for a SH chance) still.

I wonder what he would think about that move?

Maybe we can convert Pernell into a winger. His D is non existent and he can quarterback the PP and play the point (has the speed to catch guys if they beat him for a SH chance) still.

I wonder what he would think about that move?

From what he has said I do not think he would be opposed he would kill his first born to play for the Habs.

I really like how the Habs are drafting players that are Habs fans.

yes indeed! you all know exactly what this means... we HW fans actually may have a chance of one day being drafted and eventually play for the HABS!

ok... time to wake up from my own little dream world...

GO HABS GO!

yes indeed! you all know exactly what this means... we HW fans actually may have a chance of one day being drafted and eventually play for the HABS!

ok... time to wake up from my own little dream world...

GO HABS GO!

hahahahaha :clap: THAT WAS GREAT!

His Dad is 6'4'' I believe ... I wouldn't be surprised if he grows a bit more I know I finished growing when I was 23 or 25. all 4'11'' of me

Here are some quotes of his.

Im going to bring another Stanley Cup to Montreal and then bring the Cup back home, parade it through the streets of Toronto and let all the kids touch it proclaimed Montreal Canadiens second-round pick Pernell Karl Subban, an Etobicoke raised junior, who has honed his skills under coach George Burnett with the Belleville Bulls.

that would be sick !!!

His Dad is 6'4'' I believe ... I wouldn't be surprised if he grows a bit more I know I finished growing when I was 23 or 25. all 4'11'' of me

Yeah i also grew till my 19th 20th. So could be possible, but he could also like that big kid in the draft has his mothers genes

I really like how the Habs are drafting players that are Habs fans.

I'm glad too. It's important to carry and understand the team tradition. Not just the habs but it's your friggin team. When you put on the Jersey you become a loyal warrior that will fight to death. That has been missing from our team for quite some time. I hope that drafting loyal fans will bring back that energy....O-ya and we get rid of Kovalev.

I had a friend in high school who was always the smallest kid in the class, he got teased alot due to his short stature, like 5'5''. I knew his dad was over 6 feet so I thought he would surpass us at one point, which happened at 17. I think now he's 6'01.

hope the same thing can happen to P.K.

However if he grows too much , he could lose his style and take longer for him to arrive in the NHL !!

I can't help it. But his name is PK Subban. And no mather how hard I try I can't stop reading "The Penalty Killing Bitch"...

:lol:

though he's the last guy you'd expect to see killing penalties.