Everything P.K. Subban

JMMR

This kid is the Canadian version of Ovechkin in terms of personality.

Here are some quotes of his.

Im going to bring another Stanley Cup to Montreal and then bring the Cup back home, parade it through the streets of Toronto and let all the kids touch it proclaimed Montreal Canadiens second-round pick Pernell Karl Subban, an Etobicoke raised junior, who has honed his skills under coach George Burnett with the Belleville Bulls.

If I was taken in the first round by another team, I wouldnt be as happy as being taken in the second round by Montreal [43rd overall].

Quote:

I make the most of my opportunities, P.K. said. My mindset is to make the team in September. If you don't have that mindset than why bother.

My motto is to do whatever it takes. I believe m a big piece of the puzzle for Montreal.

I love this kid already.

"I started as a Toronto fan but my dad is the biggest Montreal fan in the world," said Subban. "You walk in our house and there's Habs flags everywhere.

"So I ended up growing up a huge Habs fans. This is truly amazing."

"I'm definitely an offensive defenceman," he said. "My favourite player was Bobby Orr, and I also liked Denis Savard, loved the Savard spinnerama."

I would definitly be there at the parade in Toronto.

P.K's confidence and determination is amazing and he will definitly strive to make the team and when he does i bet he will have a huge impact.

I like him even more considering he is Toronto-raised habs fan like me. GO P.K!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

though he's the last guy you'd expect to see killing penalties.

So I've heard... Another funny name is that Japanese goaltender in LA. What's his name "Fukc You Fuju"

Edited by ch_nl

So I've heard... Another funny name is that Japanese goaltender in LA. What's his name "Fukc You Fuju"

Fukufuji is what I remember.

Subban's last name is pronounced "Sub-in" right? As in "while working on the math problem, he opted to sub in the point (4, 16)."

Yeah, I believe Subban is pretty close to NHL ready. It all depends on your philosophies. Like Kostitsyn, he is a one-way offensive talent. His skating, build, pointshot and talent seem to be NHL ready - the only area that needs a lot of work is his defence. I think it's safe to say his defence will not improve much, ever. Kostitsyn played in the AHL for a few seasons - each season his defensive and overall game improved a bit and he became a slightly better player. After his first season, people were complaining that he was a bust because his numbers were disappointing. Now we can either let PK round out his defensive game during the next few years (a gradual process, for sure) or we can take him to the big club sooner and figure that we drafted this guy for his offence, not his defence.

Yeah, I believe Subban is pretty close to NHL ready. It all depends on your philosophies. Like Kostitsyn, he is a one-way offensive talent. His skating, build, pointshot and talent seem to be NHL ready - the only area that needs a lot of work is his defence. I think it's safe to say his defence will not improve much, ever. Kostitsyn played in the AHL for a few seasons - each season his defensive and overall game improved a bit and he became a slightly better player. After his first season, people were complaining that he was a bust because his numbers were disappointing. Now we can either let PK round out his defensive game during the next few years (a gradual process, for sure) or we can take him to the big club sooner and figure that we drafted this guy for his offence, not his defence.

I think that is a kind projection.

His talents might be better used as a winger ala Striet

I think that is a kind projection.

His talents might be better used as a winger ala Striet

Well I think it all depends who you pair him with on the back end he could be a perfect mix for Komisarek.

Well I think it all depends who you pair him with on the back end he could be a perfect mix for Komisarek.

In 2 -3 years maybe.

he is not ready for the NHL....not even close.

• 2 weeks later...
Check this out:

WOW

That's some of the best skating I've ever seen - and from an 18 year old! He really is a short-term project, in my eyes. He may not be ready this season, but I think he will be in a year or two.

Check this out:

WOW

That's some of the best skating I've ever seen - and from an 18 year old! He really is a short-term project, in my eyes. He may not be ready this season, but I think he will be in a year or two.

Unless he is converted to a forward he is a long term project.

He has gone through 2 pairs of skates in this camp though. :)

Nice goal by McDonagh....quick vid though

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAVZPrOJcZ8

Edited by Habitforming

He gets in trouble at the 3rd pylon, but he recover's very nice. I think you guys are exaggerating, but it looks nice! He's a bit too enthousiast, wanting and willing to much maybe. That could get him in trouble, but he's a very decent pick!

Does "gets in trouble at the 3rd pylon" means "skates even faster at the 4th" ?

Unless he is converted to a forward he is a long term project.

He has gone through 2 pairs of skates in this camp though. :)

Nice goal by McDonagh....quick vid though

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAVZPrOJcZ8

I wonder what he'd say if you told that to him. :P

PK is gonna be the next Paul Coffey.

Well, ok, maybe not. It would be great for the team's energy to have him up for a few games (on the wing) next season, though.

He can play 10 games (trial) but he loses a year of pro elegibility.

I wonder what he'd say if you told that to him. :P

No need to wonder.

I asked him what he thinks of being converted into a forward because of his offensive game and the Canadiens depth at D, and he said "If that's where they want me and it helps the team win, I'm all for it"