Everything P.K. Subban

JMMR

Yeah, but can he deke Daniel Alfredsson ? Don't forget this is OHL, Alexandre Daigle could have deke anyone there too...

And JMRR, I love the kid, but just don't think he will be that much of a +20 player when he reachs the pros. At least not in the 2-3 first seasons. Unless he is paired with a reeeaaal stud.

Prove me wrong PK and I'll be SUPER happy !

Oh I know... OHL is nothing compared to the big show but the confidence, puck-handling and skating is amazing. Only problem I am having with him this season is his play without the puck. He is always looking offense and not watching his men he should be covering.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I know... OHL is nothing compared to the big show but the confidence, puck-handling and skating is amazing. Only problem I am having with him this season is his play without the puck. He is always looking offense and not watching his men he should be covering.

Personally I still think we should work with Subban to convert him into a forward; his speed, puck-handling skills, vision (after a career as a defenseman), and grit are certainly skills that could help him become at least a good 3rf line forward. This of course in addition to being used at the blue line on the powerplay.

He could become our next Mark Streit, except that I think he could actually become a good forward as well (whereas we tolerated Streit as a forward because of what he could do on the PP). Considering our great depth at the defense position, it could also make a lot of sense for the Canadiens and for Subban's future in Montreal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
PK now has 35 points in 27 games and is a +25

Wow

Markov Komisarek

Subban Hammer

Bouillon Gorges

McDO Emelin

Pretty scary looking D in 4 years ish

Wow

Markov Komisarek

Subban Hammer

Bouillon Gorges

McDO Emelin

Pretty scary looking D in 4 years ish

Yeah but will Markov and Hamrlik be around in 4 years? Bouillon surely won't. There's a good change he isn't around next year.

In four years, I expect Hamrlik'll be gone but Markov will still be here but in his mid 30s.

That would give us an aging Markov, Komisarek and Gorges. Then there's O'Byrne who will be a solid d-man by then if he manages to hit his potential. If not, there are McDonagh and Subban who look like can't miss prospects. After them, there's Weber and Carle who are potential NHLers on the farm. Then there's Fischer who has very high potential and is finally starting to show some of it. And after him, there are our Russians, Emelin and Valentenko who'll be useful if we ever get our hands on them. ...then come longshots like Stejskal, Torp, Belle, ...

So yeah, as Gainey said: we have long-term sustainability on D. :D

Yeah but will Markov and Hamrlik be around in 4 years? Bouillon surely won't. There's a good change he isn't around next year.

In four years, I expect Hamrlik'll be gone but Markov will still be here but in his mid 30s.

That would give us an aging Markov, Komisarek and Gorges. Then there's O'Byrne who will be a solid d-man by then if he manages to hit his potential. If not, there are McDonagh and Subban who look like can't miss prospects. After them, there's Weber and Carle who are potential NHLers on the farm. Then there's Fischer who has very high potential and is finally starting to show some of it. And after him, there are our Russians, Emelin and Valentenko who'll be useful if we ever get our hands on them. ...then come longshots like Stejskal, Torp, Belle, ...

So yeah, as Gainey said: we have long-term sustainability on D. :D

According to Pierre McGuire, Emelin can't wait to get out of Russia right now, and apparently he's a top 4 dman right now. McGuire says he can be just about as good as Markov, only more physical and a less offensive. If he's anything close, we've got a keeper

Yeah, he's really hyped up but I won't get too excited about him until

1) He's finally over here. I know he wants to play in Montreal yet he wanted to play here, the last time he had a chance to come and he never made his way over (apparently, because of a mistake/trick by his agent).

2) We get to see him in the NHL. I seriously doubt Emelin can step right into the NHL and be in Markov's class. I expect him to be a good NHLer but Euro stars don't always work out even if they're young.

Also, I think if he does make it, the fans have to get ready to expect some dirty plays. I know plenty of people are going to love him and then he'll give someone a headshot causing half the fans to turn on him. He won't be saying dumb things to reporters but he's a pretty controversial figure on the ice.

1) He's finally over here. I know he wants to play in Montreal yet he wanted to play here, the last time he had a chance to come and he never made his way over (apparently, because of a mistake/trick by his agent).

2) We get to see him in the NHL. I seriously doubt Emelin can step right into the NHL and be in Markov's class. I expect him to be a good NHLer but Euro stars don't always work out even if they're young.

Also, I think if he does make it, the fans have to get ready to expect some dirty plays. I know plenty of people are going to love him and then he'll give someone a headshot causing half the fans to turn on him. He won't be saying dumb things to reporters but he's a pretty controversial figure on the ice.

Or people act like they did with Scott Stevens or how they do now with Phaneuf and glorify him for head hunting and charching!

Or people act like they did with Scott Stevens or how they do now with Phaneuf and glorify him for head hunting and charching!

That too. Just pick a stand and stick with it and don't be shocked when he does something dirty.

• 4 weeks later...

Subban he looked alriight tonight vs the Soviets, he used his skating ability but had a big giveaway by being to fancy. No goal was scored but it was a giveaway you dont want to see. His defensive play was good and he has a good shot.

Subban is electrifying - sheer poetry in motion, AND he seems to be a terrific character guy. Yes, he has some learnin' to do. But the Habs would be certifiably insane to try to beat the creativity and risk-taking out of him. This guy is an absolute gem...in terms of sheer excitement on the ice, one of the best prospects we've had in some time. :clap: LOVE the guy and I can't wait til he wears the :hlogo:

PK Subban and Jonh Tavares seem to have become great friends, Bob Gainey should do everything he can to re-unite them in the very near future :P I wonder if a package including Higgins, McDonagh, O'Byrne, and our 1st-rounder would be enough...

Subban is electrifying - sheer poetry in motion, AND he seems to be a terrific character guy. Yes, he has some learnin' to do. But the Habs would be certifiably insane to try to beat the creativity and risk-taking out of him. This guy is an absolute gem...in terms of sheer excitement on the ice, one of the best prospects we've had in some time. :clap: LOVE the guy and I can't wait til he wears the :hlogo:

People should take something closer to BTH's approach with Emelin with regards to Subban. He seems extremely overhyped, largely because of his enthusiasm and gregariousness.

PK has been working hard on his defensive play this year and is certainly improving. A year with the Bulldogs should round him out. He may be a bit like Markov, in the sense that he will have a great offensive defenseman and a great skater. Unlike Souray, Subban brings more versatility to the PP, a great first pass, and the ability to go on a rush. He is not just about a hard shot from the point (but he has that too).

The biggest issue with PK is that he will make defensive mistakes (as most offensive defensemen do) and it will be critical how the fans and the coaches react. If they over react, he will lose confidence and suck.

The biggest issue with PK is that he will make defensive mistakes (as most offensive defensemen do) and it will be critical how the fans and the coaches react. If they over react, he will lose confidence and suck.

His decision making needs to improve significantly before he can hope to play regularly in the NHL. As I mentioned on another thread, what worries me the most is whether Subban will 1) get the support he needs to improve his overall game, and become a strong all-around player, and 2) whether Carbonneau and his staff will show enough patience for him to improve, and gain confidence.

PK has been working hard on his defensive play this year and is certainly improving. A year with the Bulldogs should round him out. He may be a bit like Markov, in the sense that he will have a great offensive defenseman and a great skater. Unlike Souray, Subban brings more versatility to the PP, a great first pass, and the ability to go on a rush. He is not just about a hard shot from the point (but he has that too).

Knowing him personally, he will never lose confidence and he doesn't sweat the small stuff.

Carey Price and PK Subban are alot alike in that way, nothing bothers them, except Subban has a pulse and personality.

Knowing him personally, he will never lose confidence and he doesn't sweat the small stuff.

Carey Price and PK Subban are alot alike in that way, nothing bothers them, except Subban has a pulse and personality.

Hahahaha.

So true.

How could a guy as confident as him lose it? It just wont happen.

Subban is way more high strung but you can tell they both hate to lose and would do anything to win.

• 4 weeks later...
Will he play for us next year? Maybe he could fix the failing powerplay.

better chances of seeing Weber before PK. I think a stint in the AHL will do him good.

don't count Emelin out. he could sign this summer.