Tampa vs. Montreal | Game Thread | 04/29/04 | Game 4 | Round 2

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we had a pretty good season, I never thought we could make it this far..

We lost to a much better team at the moment.

I'm looking forward to next season and I really hope to see Kovalev back!

:ghg: forever!

We dont' suck, we were just beating by a superior team

Tampa is 8-1 in the playoffs. They will be very tough to knock off. I'd say they're the team to beat in the playoffs. They were damn good in this series. Full marks to them.

Tortorella looked like he said some nice things to CJ. Classy guy.

oh well we beat ourselves tonight and in this series Tampa didn't win it we lost it.

Anyways bye to most likely Dackell, Dowd, Juneau, Perreault, Quintal, Sundstrom. And hopefully not Kovalev I expect next year to have a more Gainey type of team after having a full year with this team and getting to know it he knows what the weak links are and where he can and will improve.

sundstrom better not go. I like the guy.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::hlogo::clap::clap::clap::clap:

great season habs, nobody thought we would even make the playoffs this year! we showed em! I was upset that were out but look at the bright side! plus the season had to end sometime and luckily it wasnt the first round! as long as we never quit!

:ghg::can::clap::/)

now the hard part is going to school tommorow...im going to be pelted with SWEEEEEEP SWWWWEEEEEEP SSWWEEEEEEEPPP :(

Well, this is a loss I can swallow, despite being the proverbial back-breaker. Close game, no glaring errors. Should've been more disciplined there in those 5 minutes or so...way too many penalties... Oh well.

God I hope there's no lockout this fall.

Nobody say that we lost to a more talented team, that's a plain lie. Tampa Bay is nothing but a fluke. They'll be lucky to make the playoffs next year. This is the first time they've made it this far in their history.

Fluke goals, for a fluke team like I said previously.

There is a team like this every year, but flukes don't win the Stanley Cup.

St Louis is a fluke-out this year, and there goalie had a performance of a lifetime. Anyone who wants to argue this can look at the team's stats and their players stats from last year. They were nothing compared to this year, like the Wild and Hurricanes.

Tampa Bay fans are chanting "USA", but too bad they won with Canadians.

Great year, tons of great players established. We've got to get Kovalev next year, and Rivet out. Perreault and everyone else stays.

That's all I have to say right now.

[Edited on 2004/4/30 by Ribeiro]

A disappointing end to an otherwise great season. We really gave it everything we could, a few costly errors really screwed us over.

BRING BACK KOVALEV! This guy is great, him and Koivu could both be top 10 players if they could play together for a full season. I have confidence that BG will do the right thing and bring him back.

Overall a great season, but this is only the beginning, the Habs are back and will be ready to contend again next year (please get a good, solid CBA agreement done!)

:ghg::ghg::ghg:

I watched this game in Las Vegas as well, at the "ESPN Zone" at NY NY, crowd was more behind the Habs than last game, still we lost, but at least I got to see the Habs play a coupla games, first time this season!

My impression is that Kovalev and Koivu are the only players with finesse, well thay have more than the rest, and too often the others are standing round in the wrong spot, watching. Gotta keep moving, use the fact that ice is slippery and you have blades on your feet. Hope K+K rub off the idea of more creative offence.

Summer project for Jose: Learn how to play the puck, don't hold on for a face off if you have a friendly player there ready to carry the puck (see last minute of game 3)

Don't like losing, but this time I'm not going out and getting pissed, I'm still recovering from game 3 hangover.

Conclusion: We are a much better team now than we were at the start of the season, let some guys go and keep Kovalev and we start next season as a contender.

Habs gave it their all in 3 out of 4 games. If there was any justice they would have won game 3 but... TB had the proverbial horse-shoe up their collective arses all series and the Habs were the epitome of Murphy's Law.

Like Bob Gainey said at the start of the playoffs, the young players of the Habs have been enrolled at the university of the NHL Playoffs. I think they learned quite a deal - and will be better next year for it.

Like Habs77 posted in another thread, the Habs weren't supposed to make the playoffs, let alone advance past round one. But this year was NOT a fluke, I truly believe it was the first step in a steady progression towards hockey excellence under the guidance of Bob Gainey et al.

I have supported the Habs for 35 years and I've never felt better after a loss in a series. There is so much to be optimistic about with this franchise and I am glad to be able to call myself a Habs fan - a brother with those who stood to give the Habs a standing O in the final minute of play in tonights game.

Originally posted by habitual_hab

Habs gave it their all in 3 out of 4 games. If there was any justice they would have won game 3 but... TB had the proverbial horse-shoe up their collective arses all series and the Habs were the epitome of Murphy's Law.  

Like Bob Gainey said at the start of the playoffs, the young players of the Habs have been enrolled at the university of the NHL Playoffs. I think they learned quite a deal - and will be better next year for it.

Like Habs77 posted in another thread, the Habs weren't supposed to make the playoffs, let alone advance past round one. But this year was NOT a fluke, I truly believe it was the first step in a steady progression towards hockey excellence under the guidance of Bob Gainey et al.  

I have supported the Habs for 35 years and I've never felt better after a loss in a series. There is so much to be optimistic about with this franchise and I am glad to be able to call myself a Habs fan - a brother with those who stood to give the Habs a standing O in the final minute of play in tonights game.

You know, I have to agree.

I usually turn into a sad sack of crap for a week after the Habs get put out.

I don't feel that bad.

We played excellent hockey for the majority of the playoffs.

We have some things to fix and some rookies that need to step it up. Two rounds in this year's playoffs will surely help our young ones be better next season.

Well that was disappointing, but at least the fans showed alot of class (after the classless fans littered the ice) by cheering on the Habs in the remaining minute (when we knew it was over) chanting "go habs go" .... And cheering the team on when they saluted the fans after the game.

Look forward to next year I suppose, nothing else to do.

sigh... damn long summers.

I have been reading the forums regularly for a while, but I felt that I needed to post something today. I full heartedly agree with some of the last few posts. I have been a long time fan, and was intoduced to hockey during the 1970's and being from Montreal originally I was blessed by being able to watch the great teams of the late 70's. The last 10 years have been tough, and subsequently expectations have been low. Overall I have been happy with their progress this year, and even though they were swept and they 'deserve' to be still playing, the bottom line is they played hard (expecially game 3) and that is all we can expect of them. Basically the opposition was more talented and for good reason was #1 in the conference and almost the league. My interest in hockey has been diminishing over the years (now being in Phoenix has something to do with that, as well as the overall lack of success of the Canadians these last many years) but I say thank-you to the Canadians for being entertaining this year and requindling my interest in hockey. They will be back next year with me with renewed optimism.:hlogo:

(and if Kovelev does not return I think they could get Selene for a discount (and we know Saku would love that).:/))

[Edited on 2004/4/30 by Deven]

You know, this loss doesn't really bother me at all. It's hard to feel any animosity towards Tampa and I hope they do well as the playoffs go on. Perhaps that was the problem - it was hard to get pumped up playing against Tampa. If it were the Bruins, perhaps we would have come back from down 0-3.