Game Thread | Montreal vs. Toronto| 10/06/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breezy too many giveaways. refs 1 too many shit calls . toskala pretty good. huet pretty good. cherry asshole. tucker asshole cherry and tucker asshole buddies we should have won but that is the way it goes

Brisebois did his job - he's a strong offensive player with flashes of brilliance who is prone to making some of the dumbest giveaways in the NHL, that's who he is. He is a useful player, especially in offensive situations.

Bouillon is working hard and doing okay but the team is better off with Gorges in his spot. Same thing for Dandenault - he's working hard and doing what we'd expect from him but Chipchura's the one who should be in the line-up.

Yeah the refs were pretty brutal, but Montreal had there chance and couldn't put the game away....as usual.

Price should get the next start....Huet should have stopped Ian Whites first goal and that pathetic attempt to clear the puck on the second goal was a joke....give Price a shot.

Quite a dissapointing night....but you cannot blame the refs for blowing a 3-1 lead.....

u r right

Briesbois f uck that guy was absolutely terrible tonight.

Breezer was +1 with an assist, not bad.

Man Somebody should really put Suckdin out, that guy is the pussiest coward I've ever seen. High sticks Komy, bulldogs Marky, man if I were anyone on les canadiens I would hurt that pussy. :angry:

We playeed strong, until end, and Huet REALLY REALLY needs to work on puck handling.

I hope we win Tuesday...

1-0-1 though, not bad :hlogo:

It was a bonehead move by Cube, not questioning that, but why oh why is so much shit called in OT and in the dying minutes of the 3rd, when throughout the rest of the game everything slides?

I hate losing a game that is basically handed over to an opposing team.

If anything, OT should let more slide, not the other way around!

Brisebois did his job - he's a strong offensive player with flashes of brilliance who is prone to making some of the dumbest giveaways in the NHL, that's who he is. He is a useful player, especially in offensive situations.

Bouillon is working hard and doing okay but the team is better off with Gorges in his spot. Same thing for Dandenault - he's working hard and doing what we'd expect from him but Chipchura's the one who should be in the line-up.

Very right, Boullion isnt smart enough or talented enough, why they put him out there in overtime is mind boggling!

I'm just not comfortable with Huet in net. Everytime the other team takes a shot, I feel scared. Don't expect Price to get a start anytime soon but I'm sure he'll do well when he gets his chance.

I'm just not comfortable with Huet in net. Everytime the other team takes a shot, I feel scared. Don't expect Price to get a start anytime soon but I'm sure he'll do well when he gets his chance.

The one that he played off his net was a bad move, the other two in regulation were next to unstoppable, they let them walk in and blast from 10 feet away not many goalies in the league are gonna stop that.

Very right, Boullion isnt smart enough or talented enough, why they put him out there in overtime is mind boggling!

Boo boo had a pretty good game. Are you really blaming him for that crap call? Weak...

The reason they lost is simple. They blew their own PP chances late in the 3rd and in overtime. why not blame Streit and Markov for their crap PP play tonight? How about the give away by Markov for the tying goal? How about Huet?

The one that he played off his net was a bad move, the other two in regulation were next to unstoppable, they let them walk in and blast from 10 feet away not many goalies in the league are gonna stop that.

The OT goal went right through him as well. These aren't saves he has to make but these are saves he can make and should make if he wants to keep his job safe. Starting goalies have to do more than just make the saves they should make. He lets in a lot of goals that aren't quite softies but they're so-so shots that a starting goalie on his game would make routinely.

Boo boo had a pretty good game. Are you really blaming him for that crap call? Weak...

The reason they lost is simple. They blew their own PP chances late in the 3rd and in overtime. why not blame Streit and Markov for their crap PP play tonight? How about the give away by Markov for the tying goal? How about Huet?

Crap call? He was clinging to the guy like he was his babies daddy! Boullion is a bad defencman and is a total liability.

I tend to disagree, Huet is AWFUL at handling the puck, but he is very good at making saves, and stealing games.

He was an all star last season and against Carolina he played great and tonight was alright, but not shaky.

Huet will be put to the test against the Pens on wednesday and I expect some overachieving results.

A goalie is the most important position on the team, and we are set for goalies.

Well the adrenaline is dying down and i'm thinking more rationally now.

Ho hum.

This defeat will leave a bitter taste in my mouth until november 3rd, enjoy your day Laffs, enjoy it well, because april is coming around fast. Get those golf clubs polished.

The OT goal went right through him as well. These aren't saves he has to make but these are saves he can make and should make if he wants to keep his job safe. Starting goalies have to do more than just make the saves they should make. He lets in a lot of goals that aren't quite softies but they're so-so shots that a starting goalie on his game would make routinely.

Yeah the last one went under his arm or something. He didn't play amazing but he far from cost us the game. He played average, how many times do we have to watch the habs get a lead and then sit back and fall apart? You don't stop a slapshot from 10ft away with anything but luck.

Let's quit blaming everyone and put the game behind us and move on!

1-0-1 Is pretty damn good guys.

If the media stays positive, the team will and that will lead to a big fat "W" on wednesday.

Well the adrenaline is dying down and i'm thinking more rationally now.

Ho hum.

This defeat will leave a bitter taste in my mouth until november 3rd, enjoy your day Laffs, enjoy it well, because april is coming around fast. Get those golf clubs polished.

LOL ^_^

Look at the records and pick which you would rather have:

1-0-1

or,

1-1-1

Yeah the last one went under his arm or something. He didn't play amazing but he far from cost us the game. He played average, how many times do we have to watch the habs get a lead and then sit back and fall apart? You don't stop a slapshot from 10ft away with anything but luck.

Yeah take Tomas Vanek for example, last night break away and he slapped one from top of circle. GOAL.

He didn't cost us the game, I'm just saying I'm not sold on him as an above-average #1 goalie. He's good to have around for insurance and good enough to play for us but I don't expect him to play in any All-Star games this season. His play in his first (half-)season with us is a different story though...

He didn't cost us the game, I'm just saying I'm not sold on him as an above-average #1 goalie. He's good to have around for insurance and good enough to play for us but I don't expect him to play in any All-Star games this season. His play in his first (half-)season with us is a different story though...

For insurance? In NO way is Huet a backup goalie, he often leads the league in save percentage and stole us many points last season. If you're pinning your hopes on Price swooping in and saving the day don't hold your breathe. :lol:

LOL ^_^

Look at the records and pick which you would rather have:

1-0-1

or,

1-1-1

That's what i'm saying. Enjoy your win, because april is coming around fast (aka Laffs won't make the playoffs)

I'll take our .750 with a game in hand over their .500 ^_^

Guys who looked bad tonight:

Breeze-by

Higgins

Latendresse

Also some bonehead shot attempts by our D-men that got blocked. You don't shoot with the forward three feet in front of you, for the love of God!!!

sbhatt:

You thought Higgins looked bad?!

I thought he was phenomenal. Always going in and getting it done. Higgins seems to have superhuman reflexes and incredibly fast thinking.

Were we watching the same game?

Brisebois was subpar, as were many other Habs players tonight, but don't point the finger at Higgins.

Edited by Cataclaw

Same thing for Dandenault - he's working hard and doing what we'd expect from him but Chipchura's the one who should be in the line-up.

I disagree...Dandenault played great tonight. He deserves to stay in the lineup as long as he's playing like that. After he fails to do so, THEN make the switch.

sbhatt:

You thought Higgins looked bad?!

I thought he was phenomenal. Always going in and getting it done. Higgins seems to have superhuman reflexes and incredibly fast thinking.

Were we watching the same game?

Brisebois was subpar, as were many other Habs players tonight, but don't point the finger at Higgins.

He seemed to be missing the extra gear...the 'jump' that made him so dangerous at the start of the season. His shots look weak too...just doesn't seem all that effective out there right now compared to the start of last season.

For insurance? In NO way is Huet a backup goalie, he often leads the league in save percentage and stole us many points last season. If you're pinning your hopes on Price swooping in and saving the day don't hold your breathe. :lol:

I don't think this team will be relying on goaltending this season and I don't think they could if they wanted to. Often leads the league in save percentage? Often? I think he did that once, if he's ever done it at all, and even then he only played half the season so you can't even compare. Right now, Huet is good enough to be a starter but no more than good enough. He rarely makes anything other than the routine saves and though we can't blame losses like tonight's game on him, you can't deny that he easily could have changed things and that his job is to make a difference. Right now, he isn't making much of a difference - just stopping the easy shots and letting in all the trickier shots.

He seemed to be missing the extra gear...the 'jump' that made him so dangerous at the start of the season. His shots look weak too...just doesn't seem all that effective out there right now compared to the start of last season.

Higgins is definitely playing well but I also think he's missing that little something I'm used to from him.