Blue Jackets

Fanpuck33

What a game tonight! Nash with an incredible between the legs goal in front of the net and Pascal LeClaire's 4th shutout of the year. Also, I saw something I've never seen in my life. Novotny had a breakaway on an empty net, was hooked, and instead of awarding a penalty shot they just awarded him the goal automatically.

What a game tonight! Nash with an incredible between the legs goal in front of the net and Pascal LeClaire's 4th shutout of the year. Also, I saw something I've never seen in my life. Novotny had a breakaway on an empty net, was hooked, and instead of awarding a penalty shot they just awarded him the goal automatically.

Yeah I believe that happened in a Kings game earlier this season ... basically you can't make any player changes so awarding a penalty shot with no goalie is just a waste of time ^_^

I can't remeber where but It also happened earlier this week!!

wanst it brett clark against edmonton ??

Edited by marky_and_komi

It's always been like that - a couple of seasons ago, Bulis scored on LA (with a goalie in net) while an LA player pushed the net off its mooring (of his own accord) - the net was off before the goal was scored, yet the goal was allowed because it was the defender who did it.

It stems from the same principal - that the league has to stop players from taking desperate measures (pushing the net off, taking a penalty) to stop attackers from scoring. So the goals are accorded, otherwise every time a player is about to score, the defending team would haul him down or push the net off with nothing to lose.

What's most amazing is that Leclaire has played only 5 games yet has 4 shutouts. I passed over him in my pool for Nicklas Backstrom who had 2 shutouts last time I checked.

Meh. I'd take an end-to-end rush goal over it.

I liked Malik's goal in the shootout two years ago because it was an important moment and it came out of nowhere. Also, it came out of a 6'7 defenceman as opposed to a former 1st overall pick and franchise player (not that the quality of the player changes how nice the goal was).

Meh. I'd take an end-to-end rush goal over it.

I liked Malik's goal in the shootout two years ago because it was an important moment and it came out of nowhere. Also, it came out of a 6'7 defenceman as opposed to a former 1st overall pick and franchise player (not that the quality of the player changes how nice the goal was).

How often do you see an end-to-end rush where a guy beats an entire team, though? Heck, even Ron Hainsey has done that to tie a game before. When have you ever seen a guy score between the legs during the run of of play? Malik's goal was ten times easier, he was all alone with all the time in the world to think. Nash's was a split second decision to do a move with defenders all around him. I mean, Malik's goal was everyone's favorite way to shoot in the warm-up shootouts after the lockout, everyone was doing it. Never do you see a guy pull off in the middle of a game.

That goal was jaw dropping.

The talent it takes to do that in a game is incredible.

Were you at the game for that one?

Nope, I only got to two or three games a year, don't have the kind of money to go to a lot of games. But I have to say, I'm glad I wasn't there for this goal, I didn't even notice it the first time I saw it on TV, so I doubt I would have in person. Plus the video replays in the arena wouldn't have done it justice, they wouldn't have put up the good angles.

• 3 weeks later...
I bet he will be okay the game was not a blow out either that is one of criteria I believe.

Looks like Vandermeer will be the one to get the worst of any suspension, if there is one. Nash for 2 for crosschecking and 5 for fighting, while Vandermeer got 5 for fighting and 10 misconduct. Nash held his own in the fight. Got it pretty good early, but landed some nice shots toward the end. Here's to the Gordie Howe hat trick!

• 2 months later...

Nikolai Zherdev has been playing like a man among boys the last week or so. Tonight, Rick Nash matched him with an incredible individual effort to score the winning goal in the dying minutes of tonight's game. Make sure you guys catch the hi-lights.

wow, that goal was awesome.

I definitely thought kostitsyns goal was sweet and would be the highlight of the night. I was so wrong.

It doesn't even come close !!