Which offseason addition had the best opening week?

MMPL

I know it's early but...  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which Habs offseason addition had the best opening week?

• Roman Hamrlik
    • Patrice Brisebois
    • Bryan Smolinski
    • Tom Kostopoulos

while they only played two games, I think the smolinski had bigger impact.

hamrlik did little, kostopoulos was ok and brisebois was....brisebois.

All four of them did well but I think Hamrlik was the best, followed by Brisebois.

Yup :clap:

Grabovski better start to get comfortable or he will be replaced by D'Agostini soon.

Yup :clap:

Grabovski better start to get comfortable or he will be replaced by D'Agostini soon.

I think Chips would go in instead of Diago.

I think Chips would go in instead of Diago.

in that scenario, Plekanec would be second line, Chips comes in the 3rd or fourth pairing with Either Chips or Smolinski centering 3rd.

BTW -Hamrlik got my vote, although I had limited viewing time.

I'd say Smolinski, he has looked good with Begin and Dandenault.

Brisebois was better than Hamrlik the first game, but man he looked dreadful against Toronto. Hamrlik has not stood out asofar, same for Kostopoulous.

Smolinski and Hammer are 2 solid acquisition so far. They improve our D quite a lot :clap:

Kosto and Brisebois are not that bad, but Carbo is overusing them.

Brisebois was better than Hamrlik the first game

I don't agree, AT ALL!

Breezer wasn't bad, but Hammer was definitely better than Brisebois in both games.

Hamrlik hasn't been flashy but he's very reliable in our backend. He's made a couple of great plays that don't hit you as great when you first see them, but when you think about them you realize just how hard they are to make (and how our other defenceman don't do them so much). SMolinski hasn't impressed me much so far.

He's reliable and plays a simple game but of the little I've seen so far, Mike Johnson was the same but a bit better. I'm not sure what he's done that's impressed everyone so much, I might have missed some things.

Hamrlik has been impressive. Calm, authoritative in his own end, moves the puck well, good shot - pretty much good at everything. He's come as advertized, and is probably the single biggest reason why our overall team D has looked better in these two games than it did, on average, last season. One of those quiet guys that you tend not to notice but who makes a significant difference.

Hamrlik has been impressive. Calm, authoritative in his own end, moves the puck well, good shot - pretty much good at everything. He's come as advertized, and is probably the single biggest reason why our overall team D has looked better in these two games than it did, on average, last season. One of those quiet guys that you tend not to notice but who makes a significant difference.

Ya it's been said many times that if you don't notice your D, it's usually a good thing. That being said, I was hoping to see his point shot a little more often. He has a pretty good point shot you know.

Ya it's been said many times that if you don't notice your D, it's usually a good thing. That being said, I was hoping to see his point shot a little more often. He has a pretty good point shot you know.

Hammer=SOLID

Yeah, Hamrlik has one of the hardest slapshots in the league. While he was with Calgary, I read an article devoted entirely to his hard shot. I'll try to find it.

Hamrlik has covered off his duties solidly. He is a stabilizing influence that is sorely needed in Montreal's defensive zone. His play will probably improve as he gets used to his teammates.

Kostopolous plays aggressively but if the Toronto game is a good measuring stick he appears to have hands of stone. I hope he is not as bad as he looked that night with the puck on his stick near the slot. I had never heard of him before and am still not sure why Gainey signed him with similar bodies in Hamilton.

I was nervous everytime that happened when Souray was back there.

Remember thatSpezza goal in O.T a couple years back. Man he made Souray look like :puke: