• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Price rocks

Crosby is everywhere and gettin on my nerves

Thats all :)

Reviews:

Kovalev - Excellent! For a third game in a row, i can say he's been pretty good. Tonight... he's been great. What a shot he's got. I know it's only 3 games... but my feeling of excitement over the possibility of a "born again" Kovalev keeps rising.

Koivu - Effectively shut down when Crosby's line is on the ice, but when it isn't, Captain K is getting it done offensively

Higgins - The guy never quits. It's like he was born with Red Bull in his blood

Price - Still getting it done

Referees - F- for calling that goal against Price. I don't care if Hamr gave a little push to Crosby, Crosby was capable of avoiding the collision. Bad call imho, but maybe i'm biased.

Chipchura - Seeing more of him this period, and despite a couple of sloppy plays, pretty solid overall. Seems to have lots of energy

Bouillon - Another solid period for cube. I was starting to get mighty ticked off at him following his first two disaster games, but he's been sharp tonight

Good period overall. Should be 2-0.

I have a growing dislike for Crosby.

He was standing in Price's way, his skate was between Price's legs and the other one preventing him from moving at all.

I still can't believe it!

Glad it is 2 to 1 though :clap:

If he played for us, we'd be drooling over his 'smarts' and ordering another jersey.

But he plays for the pens, so f*** him goddamn cheat.

Go Habs! Love if they took this one on the road. Also, if we pull it out and Price does well, good pressure for Huet.

The habs are not nearly as good a team as the pens, but I really thought they would show up and play the butts off for price.

I disagree. I know what it may look like on paper, but without wanting to overestimate the ability of our team, i think Habs can most definitely compete with the Pens, (as the score shows after 2 periods)

Edited by Cataclaw

i agree, maybe that wake him up

I'm wondering if the focus on Price is affecting him. He was getting a lot of early press last year as the next hot rookie, but now he's lost that attention to the man in net.

Edited by RobRock

Reviews:

Kovalev - Excellent! For a third game in a row, i can say he's been pretty good. Tonight... he's been great. What a shot he's got. I know it's only 3 games... but my feeling of excitement over the possibility of a "born again" Kovalev keeps rising.

Koivu - Effectively shut down when Crosby's line is on the ice, but when it isn't, Captain K is getting it done offensively

Higgins - The guy never quits. It's like he was born with Red Bull in his blood

Price - Still getting it done

Referees - F- for calling that goal against Price. I don't care if Hamr gave a little push to Crosby, Crosby was capable of avoiding the collision. Bad call imho, but maybe i'm biased.

Chipchura - Seeing more of him this period, and despite a couple of sloppy plays, pretty solid overall. Seems to have lots of energy

Bouillon - Another solid period for cube. I was starting to get mighty ticked off at him following his first two disaster games, but he's been sharp tonight

Good period overall. Should be 2-0.

Solid review Cataclaw. I'd like to add to the convo that Chipchura needs to puts more weight on the stick when he has the puck to protect from stick lifts and give aways. He should go for speed and protect the puck. One or the other. It's his only gaffe so far and it's only his first game. He looks solid all around :hockey:

Hamrlik is playing solid hockey, the best defenseman on the ice.

I hope Carbo gives Gorges another shot because he is sucking the balls tonight.

Higgins is so close to busting out, he is a machine out there.

Excellent work by Ryder tonight.

Plekanec is awesome, just awesome.

Latendresse is playing better but he still looks lost.

Smolinski is a very smart player. I think he is second line material.

Komisarek and Markov haven't looked right all season long (all 3 games of it).

I disagree. I know what it may look like on paper, but without wanting to overestimate the ability of our team, i think Habs can most definitely compete with the Pens, (as the score shows after 2 periods)

Not on talent, imo. We are lucky to be up one. Price has played great and the pens have had a few just bounce wide. We can only beat them when we play harder then them, which we didn't do in the first half of the game.

When we have a Crosby, Malkin, and Staal on our first two lines, I will be happy. :)

I will say, there defense is not very good, certainly not better then ours.