Game Thread | Canadiens vs. Penguins | 10/10/07

Spider-Man NL

Not on talent, imo.

If we're going to compare the Pens to the Habs based on raw talent alone (not necessarily the player's ability to use his talent to its full potential), then need i point out we do have Mr. Insane-Talent himself, Alexei Kovalev. Also to be considered: Koivu as a package deal of a captain, Price (talent potential city), Higgins, etc.

Not denying the skill of Crosby, Malkin and friends, but some of our guys have a lot of raw talent too. More than some people, hockey pundits included, seem to realize.

I know i'm naturally biased as a Habs fan, but i try to take an objective stance when it comes to issues like these, and this is what i genuinely believe.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're going to compare the Pens to the Habs based on raw talent alone (not necessarily the player's ability to use his talent to its full potential), then need i point out we do have Mr. Insane-Talent himself, Alexei Kovalev. Also to be considered: Koivu as a package deal of a captain, Price (talent potential city), Higgins, etc.

Not denying the skill of Crosby, Malkin and friends, but some of our guys have a lot of raw talent too. More than some people, hockey pundits included, seem to realize.

I know i'm naturally biased as a Habs fan, but i try to take an objective stance when it comes to issues like these, and this is what i genuinely believe.

Pass the coolaid.. :P

We have some talent, but there is no way we stack up, except in goal, where we have a definite advantage. (As Markov just proved.. :)

So far, this is a typical Habs game. Don't show up, goalie saves there bacon, but they start coming on as the game goes on... Please keep it up boys...

Crap... lets all stand around and watch the pens pass it around..