Carey Price Talk

CBHabs_fan

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear Price will join the odd man rushes in the offensive zone ;)

apparently, even with his pads on he still skates faster than latendresse.

I hear Price will join the odd man rushes in the offensive zone ;)

Wouldn't it be awesome to see a goalie leave his crease during a delayed penalty call and skate up and join the attack?

I can just visualize Huet or Price skating up, exchanging the puck and winding up for a shot and scoring.

Somebody's got to try it one day!

Wouldn't it be awesome to see a goalie leave his crease during a delayed penalty call and skate up and join the attack?

I can just visualize Huet or Price skating up, exchanging the puck and winding up for a shot and scoring.

Somebody's got to try it one day!

Eeeeeh... goalies are not allowed to cross the center ice line. The closest I ever saw a goalie come to that is Roy many seasons ago... Just skated right out of his crease and came all the way down to center ice. Almost crossed the line, which would have been a penalty I believe.

Anyway, I was thinking more along the lines of a goalie (any goalie - not necessarily Price) who could improve on Brodeur's passing game and hit open forwards regularly. Or a goalie that could quickly get on loose pucks around the net and shoot them out of the zone or on the other team's net with regularity.

Anyway, no goalie scored a goal on another goalie. That I'd like to see.

ya - Price's new mask is 'meh'.

certainly not bad - but nothing special. i have no problem with the rodeo theme - i just wish he'd have fully committed to the theme - perhaps even dropped the 'Habs' & 'CH' (we all know who's team he's on)

but - at least it's not embarrassing - i'll still proudly cheer on the future all-star netminder for the Bleu, Blanc, Rouge.

here's to hoping JLP is correct and that Price will start his sophmore season with a new mask.

apparently, even with his pads on he still skates faster than latendresse.

heheh... that was mean but funny...

I really think that we may be getting a bit ahead of ourselves. As somene else said, I'll be perfectly happy if he wins a lot of cups (or even one cup, for God's sake) and is just dominant.

I don't like Brodeur much, but look at him as an example of a very good goalie, probably future hall of fame, who didn't necessarily "revolutionize" the position, just perfected it.

I'm absolutely fine with that...

Actually, I thought it was great during the short period where there were NO announcers or play by play guys at all...during the strike. It was just game and fan noise. It was actually some of the most enjoyable hockey I've watched in years.

It allowed you to formulate your own opinions without being biased by the broadcast teams...most of whom are biased to a particular team anyhow...and usually the Leafs for the nationally broadcasted games.

I was listening to someone talk about how Leaf fans think they are "Canada's" team...and how when the Habs travel to other cities they have more fans cheering for them then the Leafs often do...simply because there are soo many people who actually hate/despise the Leafs, and Toronto in general. LOL.

Actually, I thought it was great during the short period where there were NO announcers or play by play guys at all...during the strike. It was just game and fan noise. It was actually some of the most enjoyable hockey I've watched in years.

It allowed you to formulate your own opinions without being biased by the broadcast teams...most of whom are biased to a particular team anyhow...and usually the Leafs for the nationally broadcasted games.

I was listening to someone talk about how Leaf fans think they are "Canada's" team...and how when the Habs travel to other cities they have more fans cheering for them then the Leafs often do...simply because there are soo many people who actually hate/despise the Leafs, and Toronto in general. LOL.

So very true.

Not saying I am a fan of the mask .. I'm not, only that one shouldn't jump to conclusions. All you can say is that there is no "apparent" connection between the symbols on the mask. There may very well be .... or it may just be a pastiche of what Carey like ... who knows.

I am not jumping to conclusions. I am analyzing the way the artist pulled together 2 non-connecting ideas.

There are a million better ways to have executed the mask. Look at Luongo's new mask. The theme is Johnny Canuck

the old Western league Canucks logo. They could have slapped the new logo on the forehead, wrote Cancucks

on the chin and placed a couple of original Johnny Canuck logos on the sides. Much in the same manner as Price has.

But they did not, they came up with a modernized version of the logo and made it the centerpiece of the mask with a backdrop of the city with Mountains. It is a way better execution and a way better mask.

http://www.2010vancouver.ca/here-is-robert...mask-014413.php

http://www.miss604.com/wp-content/uploads/.../11/hjohnny.gif

Now this is the best canuck logo I have ever seen!!! All of their logos in one. The Stick, Johnny Canuck, the Orca, the skate, the V (on the stick). AWESOME!!

http://members.shaw.ca/pfizer3/CombinationLogoColour.jpg

Edited by Wamsley01

I posted it earlier:

Dion's old one is spectacular with the long beek: http://www.goaliesarchive.com/penguins/dion.html

Simple, but it works really well. It is an extension of his uniform, the way it should be.

Roy's and Broduer's are probably the best example of that.

MATADOR

A matador, lit. killer, is considered to be both an artist and an athlete; possessing great agility, grace, and coordination. One of the most famous toreros of all time was Juan Belmonte, whose technique in the ring revolutionised bullfighting and remains the standard by which bullfighters are judged to this day. The style and bravery of the matador is regarded as being at least as important as whether or not he actually kills the bull. The most successful matadores used to be treated like pop stars, with a matching financial income, cult followings and accompanied by lurid tabloid stories about their conquests with women.

Eeeeeh... goalies are not allowed to cross the center ice line. The closest I ever saw a goalie come to that is Roy many seasons ago... Just skated right out of his crease and came all the way down to center ice. Almost crossed the line, which would have been a penalty I believe.

Anyway, no goalie scored a goal on another goalie. That I'd like to see.

True, goalie can't leave his half of the ice with or without the puck. However, he can always wind up and take a bomb of a shot from the red line :lol:

A goalie scoring on another goalie would be a heck of an embarassing situation, considering the distance the shot would have to come from. However, it isn't impossible. Heck, Souray hit the crossbar last season with a bomb from the red line, so i guess it's conceivable that a goalie could do the same.

None of this is ever going to happen, but it's fun to speculate.

First, the Roy/Dryden comparisons are a bit much. He's played one game, fer pete's sake!

But second, if any goalie was going to turn netminders into a scoring position, it would have been Ron Hextall, who was completely radical in his approach to roving and passing the puck. No one has ever come close to that level of aggressiveness and I don't see Price doing it either.

What I saw in that one game was a goalie who might have the most astonishing economy of movement I've ever seen. In that sense, Money may be the ultimate product of the era of 'scientific' goaltending. But really, there's only so many 'revolutions' to be introduced in a game. If Price dominates and wins Cups, I'll be more than satisfied. ^_^

He is unbelievably smooth. His cross crease movements are unbelievably graceful.

There was a moment in the Pitt game where Fleury shuffled across and it really showed the difference between

the effortless pushoffs that Price creates to cover so much ground. Great technique, great demeanour, great future.

This kid is only 20!!! The sky is the limit. Let's hope he eventually realizes his potential.

Edited by Wamsley01

MATADOR

A matador, lit. killer, is considered to be both an artist and an athlete; possessing great agility, grace, and coordination. One of the most famous toreros of all time was Juan Belmonte, whose technique in the ring revolutionised bullfighting and remains the standard by which bullfighters are judged to this day. The style and bravery of the matador is regarded as being at least as important as whether or not he actually kills the bull. The most successful matadores used to be treated like pop stars, with a matching financial income, cult followings and accompanied by lurid tabloid stories about their conquests with women.

Would be sweet if he wore a red cape as well.

What abut Jesus or Allah or the Alpha Omega or Messiah. ;)

Edited by JMMR

the guy shows no emotion he's at the antipod of his fans who would elect him god of their hometown and country...and for 1 game damnit. Listening to some fans, you shoudl already retire 31 before 33 Lol....

whenever he shows for several seasons the same attitude and that we become a true cup contender, then we can adul him. But for now, hes a prospect with potential...thats it.

People, people, people, one game. IT'S ONE FREAKING GAME! This stupid Penguins coincidence has people comparing Price to Roy and Dryden. I love what Price's composure and there is no doubt in his potential. However, aren't we overkilling it here? I mean what if he becomes about as good as Huet? Wouldn't we consider him a total bust because he is no Brodeur. It's good to be excited cause that's what us habs fan do best, but let's be cautiously optimistic....