HabsWorld on the radio (again?)

dlbalr

No, we're not getting our own radio station (wouldn't that be something), but I thought this may be worth mentioning anyways.

Early this morning, I pre-recorded an interview with CBC Radio One's Sonali Karnick talking about the Habs; the segment will run tomorrow morning at 8:15 AM. From what I've been told, the feature will run around 3 minutes, with my interview counting for about half of it (there's a Montreal-based blogger also contributing to this report.)

For anyone who may be interested in listening, here's a couple of links to the Daybreak site. The first will let you listen live (after you click another link), while the second is an archive for the day, in case anyone sees this tomorrow and is interested to hear what I have to say (and sound like.)

http://www.cbc.ca/daybreakmontreal/index.html

http://www.cbc.ca/daybreakmontreal/columnists.html

Awesome! Can't wait to check out the archive after work tomorrow.

Any idea who the montreal-based blogger is?

Nah, she never mentioned it, and I didn't ask, gotta leave some things to surprise tomorrow.

Nah, she never mentioned it, and I didn't ask, gotta leave some things to surprise tomorrow.

Hehe, no probs. Just wondering if it's someone I know around the blogsphere or not. I'll miss the show this morning as I'll be at work, but I'll look for it tonight.

Hehe, no probs. Just wondering if it's someone I know around the blogsphere or not. I'll miss the show this morning as I'll be at work, but I'll look for it tonight.

I didn't quite catch his name during the segment, but his website is www.habscast.com.

The two of us were each on for about 30 seconds, my section was talking about the youth and how they have to produce.

I didn't quite catch his name during the segment, but his website is www.habscast.com.

The two of us were each on for about 30 seconds, my section was talking about the youth and how they have to produce.

That'd probably be David Gross then. I couldn't get the file to play for me though, probably since I don't have Real Player installed... anyone know if it works with a different program?

That'd probably be David Gross then. I couldn't get the file to play for me though, probably since I don't have Real Player installed... anyone know if it works with a different program?

It's actually Benjamin Winger (or something like that, can't directly catch the last name) as I listen to the interview again, here's a direct link, although it hasn't been working the greatest for me.

http://cbc.ca/montreal/media/audio/daybrea...012DBK_SONA.ram

It'd be pretty cool if we could do a HabsWorld Podcast or something, heh. Anyone know how to set that stuff up?

I just came across a site last week that allows you to set up your own podcast, I forget what it was called though. I'll do some hunting.

Wow, I'm always surprised when I hear a voice or see a picture of a poster - always completely different from what I'd imagined.

Good job though. :clap:

Wow, I'm always surprised when I hear a voice or see a picture of a poster - always completely different from what I'd imagined.

get used to it, at the rate I'm going here I'll be a national celebrity in about a year. I seem to pop up everywhere here on local tv, radio, newspaper. lol

Did I sound better or worse than you hoped? Do I even want to know? :unsure:

yeah I know but now people podcast there radio show. Actually I don't think its hard at all, for example your demo you gave to me is on my itunes, technically I think I could turn that into a podcast. I'll look this stuff up.

I've been reworking that demo. When it's set up to my liking I'll get you the hookup :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

In case anyone's interested, I recorded another interview with CBC Radio One this morning discussing the Michael Farber SI article. This one apparently will be more of a compilation from numerous people, so it remains to be seen whether anything I actually said makes the cut or not. I'll post any more information when I get it (date, time - I assume Monday morning at the same time as before though.)