Gui out Grabs in Begin out Murray in

JMMR

I have to admit i was very surprised to hear Begin would be a healthy scratch tonite. But what this tells me is the increasing amount of depth the Habs have up front and it may be a revolving door for the 3rd and 4th liners as to who stays in the lineup. With Lapierre lighting up the AHL, it may not be long until he is recalled, so the forwards should be hungry trying to keep their job on the roster as well as in the lineup. This may be Murray's last chance to produce and make a positive impact with the impending returns of Laps.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo: I must admitt I was caught off guard when Carbo scratched Begin,I could see Latts being benched.Lapierre is trying very hard to show Gainey he belongs in the NHL.

I have to admit i was very surprised to hear Begin would be a healthy scratch tonite. But what this tells me is the increasing amount of depth the Habs have up front and it may be a revolving door for the 3rd and 4th liners as to who stays in the lineup. With Lapierre lighting up the AHL, it may not be long until he is recalled, so the forwards should be hungry trying to keep their job on the roster as well as in the lineup. This may be Murray's last chance to produce and make a positive impact with the impending returns of Laps.

WTH, didnt this topic used to say Dandy out Murray in?

I definitely agree with swapping Gui out of the lineup, he doesnt look very impressive so far. The Habs have so many forwards to choose from any player not working hard enough should watch from the press box for a game or 2 to help them figure it out.

I'm glad to see that Dandy is back in. Unless he is injured I dont think its fair to bench him otherwise. It sends a bad message to the team if they bench a player who is actually working hard. So far Dandy isnt one of the players that is slacking or doing a bad job. I've been pleasantly surprised at how he has played so far. Personally I think he's done a decent job at his new role. However, like somebody said, he gets paid way to much for a 4th liner, but oh well the Habs have to pay him regardless, so he might as well play if he's doing a good job. Dandy makes too much to sit in the press box. ;)

Kinda surprised aboot Begin being out, but I guess Habs do have several grinders to choose from. I'm not upset with Begins play so far, but from what I've seen so far Ryder is leading the team in hits. Maybe its a good idea letting Begin know the Habs have alternate players that can be dishing out hits by sitting him. We will probably see Murray for 2-3 games, and if Ryder is still leading team in hits, Laps will probably be called up.

This sounds pretty bad, doesn't it?

"What is hard to fathom is that Bégin learned he was benched when he walked into the Canadiens' dressing room yesterday and saw he wasn't on any of the lines for the Florida game.

Bégin appeared stunned as he talked to the media after the morning skate. He said he hadn't received any negative feedback from the coach and that Carbonneau hadn't talked to him about the decision."

http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/hockey...328&k=33054

So he was scratched, and the coach didn't bother telling him about it?

So he was scratched, and the coach didn't bother telling him about it?

Carbo hasn't improved his communication skills that much :(

If he continues to make that kind of moves (Rivet, Bégin, not talking to them) he'll lose respect from his veterants (he's already lost Kovy's respect : "no timeout and wrong guys on the ice for the last two minutes against the Panthers"...)

Does Carbo have to hold they're hands and tell them bed time stories as well ???

Begin is and adult ... he has two choices ... he can cry about it and play like crap next game and start a bad cycle ... or he can say WTF !! and play ten times batter next game so Carbo has no choice but to play him everyday. Same with any other player on this team. But espcially for the 3rd and 4th line guys.

Carbo is creating a since of I better bring my A game every game or I'm going to walk into the Bell Center and find out i'm not playing. :clap:

Does Carbo have to hold they're hands and tell them bed time stories as well ???

In a certain way, yes.

You just don't scratch a veteran without telling him before he sees that his name isn't written on the board. And you tell him why he's not playing. That is called respect. And communication.

"Hey Steve, you're doing a great job but you won't play tonight. I want to give one game to Garth. You'll be back in the lineup thursday against in Ottawa".

Is it asking too much? It takes 30 seconds.

or he can say WTF !! and play ten times batter next game so Carbo has no choice but to play him everyday.

When you feel you already give your 110% and you're a healthy scratch, it's hard to react that way without first knowing what you must do better. That's exactly what Bégin said yesterday.

Edited by Punkned