Game Thread | Montreal vs. Ottawa | 10/18/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When is Carbonneau gonna friggin' learn to shorten his bench sooner.

What are the odds that Carbo takes any responsibility for having Tom K on the ice at that point of the game?

And how much did you see Alfreddson's line on the ice over the last 7 minutes vs Koivu's?

Wake up Carbo, my patience is wearing very thin with you...

When is Carbonneau gonna friggin' learn to shorten his bench sooner.

What are the odds that Carbo takes any responsibility for having Tom K on the ice at that point of the game?

Wake up Carbo

I'm hoping Kovy finally snaps one day and just slugs Guy in the face. I hate the mother######er.

Well, tonight this is all even if the refs call heatley for interference...

Doesn't mean we deserved two points or even one. We played a very bad game.

I'll preface this with the statement that I think we played a decent road game.

But, could someone please answer this question for me...

If we played the best game of the year against FLA, and maybe the best in a long time, then why were there ANY changes in our lineup??

considering who they were playing they played a good game but not a great game. They need to play 60 mins not 45. Price played well and will get better. kostopoulous needs to go he ain't got it in my book. I would rather have chippy learning and making mistakes that a plug costing us the game because he has no concept of what his stick is used for

Edited by habs rule

I don't think we played a terrible game. This is the best team in the league and the shots were 33 to 31. The Heatley goal was crap for sure.

The Sens are clearly better but the habs had good moments and bad.

At least the boys are playing pretty decently. To nearly tie against the #1 team in the NHL isn't too shabby.

Kovalev is playing great too, hey, that's fantastic.

When Kovalev is in a 5-month laziness slump everyone complains, when he has 6 good games in a row, no one gives him praise. Well damnit, i will. Good job Kovster. Keep it up. On pace for 42 goals!

Habs were barely in the same league as the Sens for most of the game, we were lucky to be in it at the end.

Having said that, a good ole face slap is starting to sound better and better...

I am sure the sympathetic types will call any form of negative criticism on Carbo unjustified...even if a face slap is just funny to picture...

Someone remind me what Kostopolous is doing on this team?

It's not completely his fault, he's a fourth line grinder or possibly a 13th forward yet we're using him with two offence-oriented players on the third line. He's just not being used properly. Though he's still not playing well and that's his fault.

'Being run into the ground' LOL :lol:

Let's get a grip, folks...the real problem here is that Vokun stoned us last game and we lost a game we fully deserved to win. Realistically, this is NOT a game you expect our Habbies to win. Yes, it would be nice - but this is a powerhouse presently on a tear. So let's stifle some of that rage and keep a bit of perspective.

Let's get a grip, folks...the real problem here is that Vokun stoned us last game and we lost a game we fully deserved to win. Realistically, this is NOT a game you expect our Habbies to win. Yes, it would be nice - but this is a powerhouse presently on a tear. So let's stifle some of that rage and keep a bit of perspective.

I agree, but will we be so calm and introspective if we lose saturday against Buffalo? I mean we have to win sometime. That would be 4 in a row..

Yep. I've got 100% faith in Gainey and about 60% faith in Carbo atleast for the moment. I do believe he will improve over time though.

i got a idea let not even show up for game we are not expect to win and save our energy for the game we should win, new game plan might work..lol

Edited by KEEP26

I have faith in The Mastermind, he will keep Carbo in check and do/say what is necessary for things to work out.

And if that fails....a good ol' fashioned bitch-slap that knocks Guy on his ass would certainly bring great joy to my heart... :D

This is the difference between bubble teams (habs) and Top teams (ottawa).

The habs have to work and scratch for every goal, the sens seem to get them with ease... They have done this to every team this year.

This isn't exactly true.... that Latendresse goal had no work involved at all. He just threw the puck at the net and got lucky.

Teams like Buffalo and Ottawa are well coached and have great skilled players who can score.....not just half decent players (Koivu), or has beens (Kovalev) who we seem to put on a pedestal and expect too much from. Koivu is no better than a 2nd line centre and Kovalev is a 2nd line winger who could be a first liner if he played with any consistancy, heart and Mario Lemieux.

Plekanec, Higgins and Kostitsyn are excellent young players but they would be far better off playing with the likes of Danny Heatley, Jason Spezza, Danny Alfredson, Thomas Vanek and Tim Connelly than Saku Koivu or Alex Kovalev.

Anyways, just another dissapointing loss. More and more I think people are seeing that Carbonneau is a mistake and maybe Gainey needs to make a move.....or maybe its Gainey that needs to go if he refuses to make that move

Habs are doing one thing pretty well this season. Despite their goofs and slip ups, despite refs making bad calls, they seem to be putting in effort. One needs only look at Kovalev to notice the change. Habs are trying and trying hard, unlike countless games last year where Habs only put up effort for 20 minutes some games. This year, on average, it sems to be closer to 40-50 minutes.

I'm just saying.. the way i see it, two possibilities: If the habs maintain their effort level, they will either break out and start winning games and lots of them, pretty soon too, or they will lose motivation from multiple defeats despite effort.. and confidence will drop and they will fall into a pretty bad slump.

Pray for the former!

i got a idea let not even show up for game we are not expect to win and save our energy for the game we should win, new game plan might work..lol

dont get me wrong i think we got the makings of a good team, but their somthing missing, and tell we get that fix its going to be a long year. their to much fighting and blaming in the lock room..

I went absolutely nuts when Kovy tied it up, soo happy...

Shortly after i was extremely let down to see Kosto (unpressured) gave the Sens a gift...that was heartbreaking.... Although we cann blame Kosto for that, lets look at Carbonneau and ask ourselves WHAT WAS HE THINKING having a player like Kosto out there at that point in time...so painful I want to scream.

Technically we shouldn't expect to beat a team like the sens, but every once in a while you have to steal some games like Florida did to us...tonight was a veryyyy winable game and we couldnt capitalize due to the stupidest turnover one could commit.