Game Thread | Montreal vs. Ottawa | 10/18/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a very interesting replay of the Heatley goal. Heatley and Brisebois ran into each other just before the breakout pass, but, shockingly, NO GODDAMNED CALL ON HEATLEY!!!

Oh yeah, Bris was interfered with as he was trying to get back after leading the rush.. no call... but I am sure people will be bashing Brisbois after the game for it..

I'm talking to a friend of mine on MSN, a hardcore Sens fan from Gatineau, and even he is admitting that the reffing is a little skewed on a couple of plays.

Oh well.

Can't let that stop us... time for some third period magic?

Ryder broke out, Lats broke out (albeit both in garbage ways)

Higgins, it's your turn to get goal #2.

Higgins :clap:

The team MUST stop trying to poke the puck away from the attacker. The players are attempting the poke while being stationary along our blueline or in the neutral zone.

NO NO NO!

Float defensively with the player on the backskate and hit him if he has speed advantage. Let them gain the zone if necessary and force the attacker behind the net. Utilize the boards and get that board transition for the attack. I don't like giving up the blueline anymore than anyone else, but at least it's not an odd man rush that way due to our forwards or D missing the poke. Carolina beat us because they stood up and didn't poke!

C'mon Guy Carbonneau. Make adjustments! :angry:

Poking defensively = no points tonight!

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien