The Brisebois high stick 4 mins incident.

JoeLassister

I didn't notice any comments about this incident. Am I the only one who was like " ###### !!! Saku almost lost an eye on the same thing and Williams didn't receive any penality!!!"?

Did the rule has been fixed since Saku's incident ? or it's because NOBODY saw that (which would be AMAZING cuz Saku had the puck...)?

I don't even want to start on the officiating. It's so bad against Montreal when they play Leafs that I want to hurt my TV!

Now I just sit back and enjoy the talent Montreal has and hope the one thing Carbo can pass along is his gift for penalty killing.

Well the offical answer that was given out was that the linesman saw it but he has to wait till a stoppage in play to tell the refaree. Oh well there were 2 quick make up calls on the Sabres right after.

This is a rule that needs to be changed. The linesman should be able to blow the whistle (maybe once the puck is in the neutral zone). What happens if one team scores a goal before the whistle is blown. I presume the goal counts and there is a penaly call too.

This is a rule that needs to be changed. The linesman should be able to blow the whistle (maybe once the puck is in the neutral zone). What happens if one team scores a goal before the whistle is blown. I presume the goal counts and there is a penaly call too.

I agree what a stupid stipulation.

Its a similar problem with the ref being behind the net and they cant see the loose puck anymore through the goalie etc and blows a live puck dead. :?-

The refs need something like in Soccer where they give each other hand signals so they all know whats going on. Plays when the puck is still loose should never be stopped because 1 ref cant see the puck anymore because he doesnt have the right angle. One of the linsemen should obvisously be able to see that the puck is loose, and do a hand signal so the ref doesnt stop the play for no reason.

Same thing with plays with penalties like this the linesmen should be able to single the ref so he can stop the play before somebody scores etc. These problems should not even exist because they arent hard to fix, if they really wanted them fixed.

Excellent post. Sir B.

This would be an excellent system they do have 4 on the ice for a reason.

I was thinking : what about 4 refs. 2 for penalities only and 2 linemen/refs ?

Thx JMMR

In this technological age why arent all the refs just rigged up with mics and ear pieces even? Then the refs wouldnt even need to use hand gestures.

I almost think these problems exist on purpose, so they cant intentionally mess things up to favour certain teams over others. Like I said, its really wouldnt be hard or expensive to solve these issues, yet they continue to exist. :wacko:

The Koivu eye thing was gross, same with J.R.'s infamous outburst when he got high sticked in the mouth while going in on a break away. How can all the refs not see things like this? These players had the puck when they were high sticked, so how can it go completely unnoticed? It's ridiculous.

Or he should just blow the play dead when the penalized team gets possession of the puck, just like when there's a penalty call by the referees. If the play can't be stopped immediately by the linesman for a penalty, the play can continue for a pretty long time, and what happens if a goal is scored by the team getting the penalty. Because the linesman can't legally stop the play himself, I would think that the goal would stand. What if the other team scores? If it's a double minor the linesman intends to call, does one minor get rescinded? It's kind of a unique situation, but if it happened once, it can happen again.