Game Thread | Canadiens de Montréal vs. Penguins de Pittsburgh | 10/27/07

Spider-Man NL

Just tune in his show. He crys about the Habs beating the bruins soundly and has a buddy Bruin fan calls in all the time. He is a Bruin lovin talk show host. Not that there is anything wrong with that, however he is an idiot that thinks Komisarek and Plekanec are not good players. He also thinks guys like Begin should be on the power play?????? Crap talk from cement heads like him makes for bad radio....

He is a HUUGE fan favourite in Boston. When I was there they were selling just as many PJ STOCK/ASS KICKER shirts as they were Yankees Sucks tees. He is a dumb ass, and I was in shock that the Hot Stove Lounge was using his opinions.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just tune in his show. He crys about the Habs beating the bruins soundly and has a buddy Bruin fan calls in all the time. He is a Bruin lovin talk show host. Not that there is anything wrong with that, however he is an idiot that thinks Komisarek and Plekanec are not good players. He also thinks guys like Begin should be on the power play?????? Crap talk from cement heads like him makes for bad radio....

Not entirely out of the question... there is something to be said about a guy who will pay the price in front of the net to get the ugly goal.

It would be nice is Latendresse would do it more often.

I would never compare Price to Snow. Snow had nowhere near the lateral movement that Price has. Price is like a cat side to side.

Snow was a big guy with BIG Equipment.

Thats what I mean though. Price looks massive with his equipment on, I know he is a big guy, but is he really that huge? I have yet to really see him with his equipment off. I sure hope its not just equipment making him look that big. It would suck if Price becomes the next Theo - i.e. a good goalie who goes bad if the equipment gets decreased in size a bit.

Thats what I mean though. Price looks massive with his equipment on, I know he is a big guy, but is he really that huge? I have yet to really see him with his equipment off. I sure hope its not just equipment making him look that big. It would suck if Price becomes the next Theo - i.e. a good goalie who goes bad if the equipment gets decreased in size a bit.

Well, he's 6'3-6'4, 225-235lbs (depending what source you believe). He's a big boy, and he IS fast.

Well, as much as I think I know about hockey, what type of credibility does a rec league goaltender have disagreeing with a guy who played in the NHL for 20 years and was schooled by Benoit Allaire. I think I will leave that type of analysis to him.

As far as the media's analysis of the Habs in 2007-08 I will bet most of it consisted of this. Where do you think the Habs will finish?

Well, they got rid of Souray. They had the best PP because of him. They lived off their PP. Hence they are going to be worse.

Simplistic nonsense that just goes to show, that just because you have media credentials, does not mean you have a clue.

Taking a course taught by Einstien doesn't make you a genius. I watched Burke play, and other goalies taught by Allaire. Some benefit, some don't. Seems to me Burke wasn't a great student or he would have developed better. Maybe if he had proven a better student and capable of taking in what his goaltending coaches told him I would hold him in higher regard.

Burke entered the NHL as highly toted as Price and never came close to achieving his potential. Now, if he wants to talk about draft busts, on that I would consider him an authority!

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

Taking a course taught by Einstien doesn't make you a genius. I watched Burke play, and other goalies taught by Allaire. Some benefit, some don't. Seems to me Burke wasn't a great student or he would have developed better. Maybe if he had proven a better student and capable of taking in what his goaltending coaches told him I would hold him in higher regard.

Burke entered the NHL as highly toted as Price and never came close to achieving his potential. Now, if he wants to talk about draft busts, on that I would consider him an authority!

Yeah, but taking a course from Einstein at MIT as opposed to a mail in diploma would lend more weight to an opinion.

A 3 time NHL All-Star, a 2 time Olympian, Silver medal winner, and 19 years in the NHL....I think I will go with his opinion.

The shittiest NHL goalie still is a top 60 goalie in the world. A level he maintained for close to 20 years.

Edited by Wamsley01

I think I will go with his opinion.

As long as it makes sense what he is saying.. me too. If that 20 year nhl vet told you to wear your left skate on your right foot and vise versa would you listen to him then?

Price was standing with his but over the goal line.. for almost the entire game.. not talking about the shootout here eh. IMHO that's too deep, a confidence thing. I could be wrong though.. probably.. I still have to play my first professional hockey game ;)

As long as it makes sense what he is saying.. me too. If that 20 year nhl vet told you to wear your left skate on your right foot and vise versa would you listen to him then?

Price was standing with his but over the goal line.. for almost the entire game.. not talking about the shootout here eh. IMHO that's too deep, a confidence thing. I could be wrong though.. probably.. I still have to play my first professional hockey game ;)

Burke was referring to the second goal in which Crosby was allowed to slide a shot along the ice from the hash marks into an empty cage. He was also referring to a couple of other instances where he charged out fairly early to challenge angles but left himself vulnerable to a cross crease pass. All his points were valid.

All I am saying is if Sean Burke picks up something that he sees, why must some of us discredit Sean Burke? I consider myself a student of the game, but the guy played 20 years at the highest level in the NHL, was an NHL All-Star and was tutored under Benoit Allaire. After Allaire got his hands on Burke he enjoyed a career resurgence indicating to me that he not only understood the teachings but got great results from it.

This is not Andre Racicot on the Hot Stove Lounge saying Price is coming to far out of his net.

Price is a work in progress. He probably had moments where he was too deep, he probably had moments where he played it perfectly and he probably had moments where he was to far out. Look at the 3rd goal, WTF was that? Coming WAAAY out to challenge, then not reacting to the shot at all. He was not in position to make the save, nor was he in the position to control/react to any type of rebound.

All that being said, he got the win. He is learning every game, he was dominant in the shootout and we are nitpicking. But trashing Burke's opinion is silly if you ask me.

Edited by Wamsley01

Burke was referring to the second goal in which Crosby was allowed to slide a shot along the ice from the hash marks into an empty cage. He was also referring to a couple of other instances where he charged out fairly early to challenge angles but left himself vulnerable to a cross crease pass. All his points were valid.

All I am saying is if Sean Burke picks up something that he sees, why must some of us discredit Sean Burke? I consider myself a student of the game, but the guy played 20 years at the highest level in the NHL, was an NHL All-Star and was tutored under Benoit Allaire. After Allaire got his hands on Burke he enjoyed a career resurgence indicating to me that he not only understood the teachings but got great results from it.

This is not Andre Racicot on the Hot Stove Lounge saying Price is coming to far out of his net.

Price is a work in progress. He probably had moments where he was too deep, he probably had moments where he played it perfectly and he probably had moments where he was to far out. Look at the 3rd goal, WTF was that? Coming WAAAY out to challenge, then not reacting to the shot at all. He was not in position to make the save, nor was he in the position to control/react to any type of rebound.

All that being said, he got the win. He is learning every game, he was dominant in the shootout and we are nitpicking. But trashing Burke's opinion is silly if you ask me.

Agreed. Not picking on Burke at all. I respect him a lot, not kidding. I didn't see that 'hot stove' episode you were talking about earlier but only got your quote that Mr Burke said Price was coming out too far. Like you I like to see myself as a student of the game. Working with Benoit Allaire will definitaly changed in some way how Burke thinks the game.. Doesn't really mather who comments.. I would even take advice from Racicot.. not kidding.. there's a good chance he's one hell of a (goalie) coach/trainer.

Agreed. Not picking on Burke at all. I respect him a lot, not kidding. I didn't see that 'hot stove' episode you were talking about earlier but only got your quote that Mr Burke said Price was coming out too far. Like you I like to see myself as a student of the game. Working with Benoit Allaire will definitaly changed in some way how Burke thinks the game.. Doesn't really mather who comments.. I would even take advice from Racicot.. not kidding.. there's a good chance he's one hell of a (goalie) coach/trainer.

Hey Red Light was 17-5-1 in 1993 :) And people thought the habs were no good!!