Are the Refs against the Habs?

Habsfan84

Disecting the Refs  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Refs against the Habs?

• Yes
    • No

Do you think the Refs are Against the Habs.

I do because there almost always seems to be a BS call against the Habs. It's really terrible when the Habs play the Leafs though. Penalty Montreal and none for Toronto is usually what goes on against Toronto.

We will sometimes get a good ref and those are the games I'm not sweraring at the TV. Those games are far beetween though. The refs have costs games for the Habs. I'll even agree ocasionaly we will get a ref that appears to like the Habs.

Do you think the Refs are Bias.

No matter who you root for, you think the refs are against you. Really, it's only natural. When the refs makes a mistake in your favor, you might take notice of the fact, but not really think anything of it. When the refs make a mistake that hurts you, you get pissed off and remember it distinctly. I consider myself very objective in this regard, as I frequently point out mistakes that help my team. Even so, I often still feel the refs are against my team, especially Notre Dame football. I think it's only natural to feel this.

I really only notice it when we play the Leafs.

I'm hoping the refs aren't sticking it to Carbo anymore, because it certainly seemed that way last year.

Alot of the calls were right though. I'll say a few of them were weak. One call i was not happy about was the Staal penalty shot he was awarded. I believ that it was a penalty but not a pealty shot because he was not in the clear.

Nah, refs are just idiots. If I had my way they would be replaced by robots.

You would think so, but shockingly, the Habs are 26th in the league in team PIM with 112 minutes. I thought for sure they'd be up at the other end of the list.

Wow.

I wonder how much that has to do with the few fights they have been in.

A better stat might be times short handed!

You know what I have noticed in a lot of games, and not just Habs games, is that when the game is a one or two goal game, the leading team often gets a penalty call in the last 5 minutes. The league wants the shootout. It makes the game exciting and makes fans sit on the edge of their seats. It was funny last night. I was watching the game with my daughter's boyfriend who is a Penguins fan, and he says "take a guess at who get's a penalty in the last 5 minutes of the game." Sure enough, Kosty goes off. (I missed that call. I don't know if it was legit.) 2 minutes later Begin goes off for absolutely nothing. (Pens hadn't scored yet.) Pay attenetion to other games and highlights. It is funny how often you will see this occur. It's as predictable as wrestling.

I agree, the game can be determined by how the refs call it, but I'm not saying it's fixed or anything. I'm going to keep my eye out for that, just to see for myself if what you're saying happens a lot when I'm paying attention to it.

That call on Begin last night was absolutely brutal in my opinion.

Edited by blicemj

Montreal is 21 in times shorthanded.

Sometimes I have wondered if Carbo pisses off the refs midgame and gets them more ready to blow the whistle on the habs, but in generally I sincerely doubt that the refs are "against" the habs.

I agree, the game can be determined by how the refs call it, but I'm not saying it's fixed or anything. I'm going to keep my eye out for that, just to see for myself if what you're saying happens a lot when I'm paying attention to it.

That call on Begin last night was absolutely brutal in my opinion.

The call was brutal on Begin. Last night when Kovalev pushed Malkin into the boards should of been two minutes and then crosby should of evened it up with trying to fight kovalev. insted Crosby got a penalty and Kovalev got the extra two. That was a huge game changing moment. Pittsburg came back after that.

It's not just Habs games. I mentioned this in another thread and nobody really responded, I tought I was crazy. In my eyes it's hurting the game and it is starting to resemble wrestling like one poster mentioned. It seems like a hockey game could be fixed now and you couldn't really justify it because all calls seem to be questionable. One word.........BULLSHIT! The game is slowly losing what it once had.

The call was brutal on Begin. Last night when Kovalev pushed Malkin into the boards should of been two minutes and then crosby should of evened it up with trying to fight kovalev. insted Crosby got a penalty and Kovalev got the extra two. That was a huge game changing moment. Pittsburg came back after that.

i mentioned this in the game topic, but kovalev seemed deflated after that, didn't seem the same

i wonder if he was playing center on that shift, because if he wasn't, he was on right wing like usual and shouldn't have even been on that side of the ice

we don't take a lot of penalties but we do get them at critical times. That is probably due to the team falling back into a kitty bar the door stance and the refs really are looking for penalties a that point because a team in that mode will tend to hold crosscheck, be more desperate and end up with the call. we have won 24 cups and I don't think in any one of them that we din't think the refs were against us. :D

I think that i will always have a problem with the Refs. What i espaecially hate is when the Leafs fans complain about the Refs.

Anyways have you noticed that Kovalev is playing the best hockey of his Montreal career. He is hitting ou there and has come to play on most nights.