Game Thread | Thrashers d'Atlanta vs. Canadiens de Montréal | 10/30/07

Spider-Man NL

Why is everyone all fired up about Kosty, he played ok against Pitt but again, he had several turnovers at the blue line and wasn't very physical. This is what Carbo wants. I don't think Grabs is any better but i think he will continue to swith the 2 until someone takes that spot.

You guys make Perez sound like a 40 goal scorer or something as much as people complain about him. He is gone, get over it. He took stupid penalties and many shifts off.

Good for Price, i think Carbo is doing a good job with changing goalies, everyone knows Huet can't play too many games, he can be very streaky and is injury prone. 50 or so games is enough. Plus it gives the team a reason to work hard and not overlook Atlanta.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we play the next 4 at home vs. ATL, PHI, TOR, and BUF. Makes sense to put Carey in against the Thrashers. Philly and Buffalo have some good snipers, and the TO game is HNIC. I think they're still trying to protect the kid.

:huh:

So let me get this straight, Pitts doesnt have any "snipers"? Ottawa doesnt either? :lol:

I have 0 clue what Habs are doing with Price. Personally I would only play him against teams Habs figure wont make the playoffs, but that doesnt seem to be their plan so far. I'd also use Price against teams that might barely make the playoffs, in an attempt to sweep all the games with those teams knocking them out of a playoff birth and guaranteeing the Habs. i.e. Laffs - if Habs win almost all of the 8 games against the Laffs, Laffs should have 0 chance at playoffs. Atl wont either.

Lets sweep Atl this year!! No playoffs for you!! ;)

Go HABS Go!!

Why is everyone all fired up about Kosty, he played ok against Pitt but again, he had several turnovers at the blue line and wasn't very physical. This is what Carbo wants. I don't think Grabs is any better but i think he will continue to swith the 2 until someone takes that spot.

You guys make Perez sound like a 40 goal scorer or something as much as people complain about him. He is gone, get over it. He took stupid penalties and many shifts off.

Good for Price, i think Carbo is doing a good job with changing goalies, everyone knows Huet can't play too many games, he can be very streaky and is injury prone. 50 or so games is enough. Plus it gives the team a reason to work hard and not overlook Atlanta.

i agree :clap:

Edited by KEEP26

Well, we play the next 4 at home vs. ATL, PHI, TOR, and BUF. Makes sense to put Carey in against the Thrashers. Philly and Buffalo have some good snipers, and the TO game is HNIC. I think they're still trying to protect the kid.

I doubt they are trying to protect him from snipers. They've played him against ottawa and pittsburg

:huh:

So let me get this straight, Pitts doesnt have any "snipers"? Ottawa doesnt either? :lol:

I have 0 clue what Habs are doing with Price. Personally I would only play him against teams Habs figure wont make the playoffs, but that doesnt seem to be their plan so far. I'd also use Price against teams that might barely make the playoffs, in an attempt to sweep all the games with those teams knocking them out of a playoff birth and guaranteeing the Habs. i.e. Laffs - if Habs win almost all of the 8 games against the Laffs, Laffs should have 0 chance at playoffs. Atl wont either.

Lets sweep Atl this year!! No playoffs for you!! ;)

Go HABS Go!!

The best they can do now against the Leafs is 7-0-1 they already lost the first game in OT.

The best they can do now against the Leafs is 7-0-1 they already lost the first game in OT.

Remove the 0 and it is the score that the Leafs got spanked by tonight :clap:

Not a big Lats fan, but give the kid a break........just cause he's a step or 2 behind his linemates, he still does serve a useful purpose on the PP by positioning himself in front of the net.....How do you think Plex got that nice juicy rebound off Ward from the point shot --> deflection by Lats on the way in changed the angle .........on top of that he's becoming more physical on the opposition D..........AK46 has to realize that he's way too tentative with the puck.........great hands, but this game is much faster than the AHL: gotta keep moving forward....I also think Grabs has been showing much greater hustle than AK46 (since moving to the wing).

On a team note, I notice that the Habs are starting to actually forecheck for a change instead of waiting back to trap; this is effective against teams like the 'Canes & the Pens because of their slow moving defencemen; I'm anxious to see if they can pull it off against teams like the Sens.............GHG!!

Usually this time of year we have a bunch of posters bitchin and complaining that TSN rankings always have us so low on the list. I'm sure you will all be happy to see the habs at #5 this week with positive remarks. The only thing that bites is Ottawa seems like they are going to have a strong season , which means the best we can do is 4th in our conference standings........I hate that.

Usually this time of year we have a bunch of posters bitchin and complaining that TSN rankings always have us so low on the list. I'm sure you will all be happy to see the habs at #5 this week with positive remarks. The only thing that bites is Ottawa seems like they are going to have a strong season , which means the best we can do is 4th in our conference standings........I hate that.

You would hate if the Habs finished 4th??

:blink::blink::blink::unsure::unsure:

You would hate if the Habs finished 4th??

:blink::blink::blink::unsure::unsure:

Nnnnnnnn no. Because of the teams that finish number one in their divisions automatically place 1,2,3, so if we don't actually catch Ottawa the best we'll see is 4th. They just look so good in 4th I want to see third and 2nd it's just not possible though. Who knows maybe we will see 1st. Doesn't it piss you off when the third place team has less then your fourth place team? I know it's the way it goes but it still bugs me.

Edited by SAKS-AVENUE

Nnnnnnnn no. Because of the teams that finish number one in their divisions automatically place 1,2,3, so if we don't actually catch Ottawa the best we'll see is 4th. They just look so good in 4th I want to see third and 2nd it's just not possible though. Who knows maybe we will see 1st. Doesn't it piss you off when the third place team has less then your fourth place team? I know it's the way it goes but it still bugs me.

Yeah it is stupid but its like that in other sports. I would love to see the NHL lead the charge and just have the divison winners in the playoffs for sure. But that will never happen the NHL needs to have home ICE for one team in each division to help it grow in the US.

I'm with you man. Kosty looked good last year with Higgins and Plex. That's it. Other than that, he does nothing for me. Perez never did anything for me. I'm gonna catch a lot of slag for this, but it just seems that most Russian players that have played for the Habs are loaded with talent and lean on heart. Or they have no finish like Petrov. This is not meant as a racist slur. It is just the way the kids are brought up to play. I would rather see a bench full of Fins. They are scrappy little b----rds. There are exceptions to every rule, like Markov.

my friend will be at the game tonight and wants to appear on tv with a RDS sign.

2 choices :

Ryder

Dans

Slot

Ryder in the slot

or

Rions

De

Samsonov

Laugh at Samsonov

which is the best ?

Go Habs, kick some butt and get the 2 points. The more distance from Leafs in the standings is a good thing for all habs fans/players confidence. (Just means Habs are playing better) :hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

Agreed. Although I hope soon enough we wont even be comparing ourselves to that disgrace of an organzation.

Well thankfully Carbo and the brass have bigger goals then just beating the Leafs. If the Habs keep playing like this all year they will be fine. They are playing way better then the past 5-10 years. We will all find out soon enough if the players are buying in or not.

I just don't get all the Leaf references all the time. In case you guys haven't noticed the Leafs do beat the Habs more often then not.

Whats wrong with Ryder exactly?

Maybe this will give us an opening to try either Kovy or Kost on the top line?

I hope it's Kost....Kovy and Plekanec are playing well together, don't want to see them split up right now.

Well thankfully Carbo and the brass have bigger goals then just beating the Leafs. If the Habs keep playing like this all year they will be fine. They are playing way better then the past 5-10 years. We will all find out soon enough if the players are buying in or not.

I just don't get all the Leaf references all the time. In case you guys haven't noticed the Leafs do beat the Habs more often then not.

The Leaf references are never going to go away. The way the CBC has pushed them as Canada's team across the nation it is impossible to get away from mindless Leaf fans who never stop talking about the glory of God's team. Posters on this board come from all across the country.

When I was a kid and there was no Center Ice package I relied on two things to see the Habs in the Toronto area.

The Peterborough channel, the Kitchener Channel and Le Soiree du Hockey. Back in the 70s/80s the Leafs were not

entitled to the National game every week. So the other channels used to pick up the national telecast.

But the last 10 years has changed that and with the Leafs resurgence in the late 90s habs fans have to deal with these idiots all the time. So losing to them is painful. Seeing as they have the Habs number, it is a major irritation.

But the day you start measuring your success against the Leafs is the days you realize how far this franchise has fallen.

If you use them as a measuring stick it probably means you suck.

That said, tonight is a huge game. It is a game that last season the Habs would not show up for and blow an easy 2 points.

I want to see 60 minutes of hard work. If that happens they will win. 4 game win streaks look better when they are 5 game win streaks, etc etc etc.