Sergei Samsonov not doing well in Chicago

REV-G

Evidently Sergei Samsonov has not been able to turn it around in Chicago this year. The Chicago press is reporting that Samsonov is one of three veterans who have been healthy scratches lately, and we're only a little over 10 games in. I don't know about you but I don't particularly hope any player does poorly. They have families and like us all they want to do well at their job. But there always seems to be a group of players, like Theodore and many others, who have a few good years and then for some reason are never able to stay at that level and the expectations, along with their huge salaries, become real problems for teams and fans. What makes it more difficult is when the player complains that it's the coaches fault, or not being used properly, not given enough chances or fans fault for not giving them a fair shake. It's too bad that things aren't working our for Samsonov, but I think a lot of us saw this one coming. The challenge for GM's is to figure out what players are in this category versus what players can still contribute and do well. So far our pick-ups and new additions this year seem to be doing great, and as much as I liked Bonk and Johnson, we seem to have improved with the new players that Gainey has brought in.

That is bizarre because Denis Savard recently said in an interview with Mathias Brunet that Samsonov was playing well and was one of his best forwards. He said he was creating chances and working hard despite not being able to put up some numbers just yet.

I partly watched the Chcago @ Toronto game last week and thought that Smmy played some pretty good hockey. He controlled to puck for like 15-20 seconds in the attacking zone before making a great pass that ended in Toronto's net!

the problem with samsonov is that he had 30% bodyfat. not that it was obese or anything but thats way overweight. I was at 30% bodyfat at the beggining of the summer and I decide to hit the bike and eat well so I know how it's hard to lose if your not comitted to it.

it looks like samsonov choose to sit on his big fat contract instead of bike.

it's a shame but it's his own fault.

I was gonna start a post on this the other day when i was looking at Sammy's stats, but you beat me too it. 2 assists in 10 games and and -6 rating. Scratched for the Hawks last game. Funny how far this dude has fallen in the last couple years. He'll be playing in Siberia next year. Glad Gainey got rid of him. Good riddance.

The way I look at all of this is, he's not a habs anymore, so I don't bother with it anymore. Out of sight, out of mind, you know. I don't really care whether he's doing great or stinking up the place. By that I mean that if he was stinking up the place, it wouldn't make me happy or anything, and if he was doing great it wouldn't bother me either, if you know what I mean.

Some ex-Habs I care more about, other ex-Habs I hardly care about at all, one way or the other. Samsonov is in the second category.

for my part, i'm really happy that he's not doing well in Chicago, little sissy, crying bastard. he made our chances to sign a superstar UFA decrease 2 TIMES last year by crying in the medias.

for my part, i'm really happy that he's not doing well in Chicago, little sissy, crying bastard. he made our chances to sign a superstar UFA decrease 2 TIMES last year by crying in the medias.

I seem to remember Toronto media mentioning how well he will do in Chicago. Hmmm I thought those guys were smart :puke:

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

I don't think he would be able to play if he was 30% body fat ... at least the NHL level. He'd pass out after two or three shifts.

Yeah, 30% fat is A LOT. Even if he was benched alot in Mtl, he was still practicing with the team. That makes it nearly impossible to got up to 30% bodyfat.

I weight 190. Three years ago I was injured and didn't do any physical activities for over a year. I went up to 215 and was still under 30% BF. Sammy might be fat, but he can't be near 30%.

I don't think he would be able to play if he was 30% body fat ... at least the NHL level. He'd pass out after two or three shifts.

30% body fat doesn't make you fat. It's rare to see a pro hockey player in that shape but it's very possible to be very athletic and in good shape at 30%.

30% body fat doesn't make you fat. It's rare to see a pro hockey player in that shape but it's very possible to be very athletic and in good shape at 30%.

I'm not the kind of guy who has an "I know it all" attitude. But I must squarely disagree on that one: there is no way one can be "very athletic" with 30% bodyfat.

See:

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-cal...y-fat-chart.php

http://www.musclemaster.net/body-fat-percentage.html

http://www.dietandfitnessresources.co.uk/i...y_fat_chart.htm

Sorry BTH, I had bad day and felt like proving someone wrong, nothing against you. I always read your posts with interest.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/stor...&id=3075682

Check the 8:14 of the 2nd period entry.

WOW I don't recall Montreal did that to Samsonov... I guess he missing Montreal, at least we didn't threat him like that :P too bad he asked for the trade oh well i'm happy we did it! I guess it's back to the Russian league for Samsonov pretty soon...

Edited by Habstown