Game Thread | Flyers de Philadelphie vs. Canadiens de Montréal | 11/01/07

Spider-Man NL

I finally have ended my streak of habs loses when i get to watch them on TV. Really was a true pleasure to sit down and enjoy this game tonight. Total team effort, everyone stepped up and played a good game.

Notes from me...

-great to see Latendresse rebound with a great 3rd period... he's really been struggling so it was great to see him play well

-Gorges really rebounded from being the goat in the last game, its important that he plays well in Bouillions absence

-What more can you say about Koivu, this guy is an allstar no doubt about it

-Ryder, Ryder, Ryder... really the only habs that struggled tonight, the more I watch him the more I feel like he needs a seat in the press box for a game

In general a great night, I go to bed happy, night everyone...

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How long will those stupid Flyers be allowed ot continue with their goonery? Kovalev could have got seriously injured on that shot, luckilly it was nothing serious in the end

But i'm sure glad to see our boys dont let themselves get intimidated and owned the Flyers were it matters, the scoreboard :clap::clap::clap:

I'm not sure if he was back or not on the ice, but he was on the bench. He dont seem injured to me.

I was very pleased with Georges tonight. Lots of effort all over the place. :clap:

"Lats"... "Please build on your 3rd period and make me love you again?" good third by Lats.

Holy power play. If you see a guy holding a Sheldon Who? sign after a power play goal on Saturday or Monday up in 330 AA, that will be me.WOOOOOOOT.

question for those who were watching. I turned on the tv for about 2 minutes at the end of the second and Higgins looked like he'd got a cut lip or something. was he high sticked? What happened?

It looks like some sort of STD to me. :lol:

Very entertaining game anyhow! Can't wait till Saturday. :clap:

Great game for the Habs a full effort and total dominance. :clap: :hlogo:

One other question.....

At various points during the game the crowd was chanting something that sounded like "Weasel". What was it they were chanting?

Great game for the Habs a full effort and total dominance. :clap: :hlogo:

One other question.....

At various points during the game the crowd was chanting something that sounded like "Weasel". What was it they were chanting?

I thought it was "Biiiiiiiiiiiron"

Allright. Now if the Habs can beat the Bigot's favorite team on Saturday, the standings will be impressive. And hoping the teddy bears lose too....

I was amazed right from the start to the end of the game how the Habs really moved the puck. Very nicely done Montreal.

:clap: :hlogo: :clap:

And dirty Flyer players" na na na na hey hey hey GOODBYE!

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

Great game!

I couldn't watch this one but i like what i see in the highlights. Kovalev is on fire... he's on pace for 47 goals and 75 points after 15% of the season. I don't want to jynx it by saying what i hope is true, but i can say this much: By pure factual observation, Kovalev is undeniably playing very well. ;) If this continues, boy oh boy... the good times will roll...

Props to Saku, Huet, Higgins, and everyone else who contributed a solid effort to tonight's solid and convincing win.

Cya Briere, don't let the Bell Center doors hit you on the way out!

funny little note on the beguiling nature of +/-

Montreal scored a shorthanded goal today. As you know, this entitles the montreal penalty killers a + and the philly power play squad a -.

But Montreal was an aggregate +14 and philly was an aggregate -14. Should philly have one more minus than montreal has plusses since there are 5 skaters on the powerplay vs. 4 on the PK?

Well, that event did give an extra - to Philly, but that differential was negated as Saku scored on a delayed penalty. When montreal pulled Huet for the temporary advantage and brought in Saku to score, Montreal had one more skater than Philly, even though +/- doesn't recognize that situation as a man advantage.

I guess I'm not the only one to notice this, but I think it's funny to sometimes take a look at how our stats are compiled.

Great performance from the start to end, had me worried for the first coule of shifts in the 3rd and right after our 2nd goal, looked briefly like old news but we got right back on track and finnished the game as we started. Huet was great except for the wave at the last goal, think he was already in the shower on that one, job done.

Keep it up guys, lets roll through the leafs, 7-1 seems to be the going rate of exchange vs them!!!

I noticed something funny on the third period, it's between Plek and Kovy.

Plek made a nice pass to Kovy in the slot for a sure goal but Kovy missed it.

Plek looked pissed at Kovy as much as Kovy is pissed at Plek when he thinks he

makes the wrong play.

Gotta love Plek confidence now, he doesn't care to please anymore, he is tere to play.

For me it's fun when players are challenging each other, it's not like ok buddy i will try to help

you when you are lost on the ice and supposed to be our top scorer(Ryder).

If Ryders plays hard like some people are saying why he is never in front of the net?

Higgins play are often behind the goalie, Saky up in the traffic and no Ryder around, Higgins has to shoot

with no angles because Ryder is covered bu defense because he is not moving feet. That's why he doesn't score.