Game Thread | Flyers de Philadelphie vs. Canadiens de Montréal | 11/01/07

Spider-Man NL

Well I'm not sure who that team was wearing Red last night but it was sure nice to see. Everyone played well for about 50 minutes. After Philly scored i though they were back on there heals for a bit.

Was it me or was Huet a bit shakey last night? 3 posts never moved and didn't the second goal either. Anyway just splittinghairs, hard to complain about that effort.

Kosty and Lats looked better last night. I think Ryder can sit the next one out, he is struggling.

D was solid although Hamrlik took too many penalties.

The 2 best things about the game:

1. They actually stood up for eachother, 2 fights in 2 different games, unheard of in the past. They almost have as many fighting majors already as they did last year. Sorry Bachus.

2. Total team effort for atleast 50 minutes i'd say. This is the year they are learning how to play the game to win, to play hard and to play smart. They'll make mistakes and cough up some leads but that's how they will learn. Losing is a hard habit to break.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. They actually stood up for eachother, 2 fights in 2 different games, unheard of in the past. They almost have as many fighting majors already as they did last year. Sorry Bachus.

you have to love that immediately after Kovalev went down, a bunch of habs were on top of the flyers. We definitely did not see this in years past (Saku says hi). The Canadiens are learning how to be a winning team. They can score all over you, keep you out of their defensive zone, and if you mess around you don't get to skate away.

One thing I noticed is that Komisarek is starting to get a mean streak in him when guys run the goalies. Being a big guy those crafty net crashers better beware of the K-Rex Express!

And Chipchura is really starting to look like a true NHL player withhis two way play. Still makes rookie mistakes once in a while but definitely a keeper!

Edited by InsaneAVSfan

I would not sit Ryder out for the simple reason that he is putting in a ton of effort. He is thinking too much and not shooting enough because of it. He will get out of it.

I only advocate benching top players when the effort is not there.

ryder play hard pretty much every game, the main reason his not scoring is his not getting the pass in the slot, and this year his not on the power play with Alex Kovalev and souray, kovalev and souray would draw a man to them and that would cause ryder to get open and get the shot...i dont really care who score as long as every one is playing hard and that we get a win...dont try to fix things that are not broken

One thing I noticed is that Komisarek is starting to get a mean streak in him when guys run the goalies. Being a big guy those crafty net crashers better beware of the K-Rex Express!

After a few hits on Hartnell there was one where K-Rex dumped him like a ragdoll behind the net and even the announcers were laughing saying "Jeez, Hartnell needs to get a new dance partner" because Komy was working him over. LOVE IT!!!!!!

I agree that Ryder's been working really hard, and that until he stops working hard, or we enter into a losing streak and he's still not performing, he should not be sat... He's putting in the effort, he's playing well defensively. If you want to try him on another line to give Kosty a chance on that line, I think that's reasonable, not really a serious punishment but just seeing other combinations, but I think this guy has come a long way from all our complaining that he was too "one dimensional" before when he was scoring all our goals, and he doesn't deserve to be punished.