Game Thread | Buffalo vs. Canadiens | 11/05/07

Spider-Man NL

I actually thought the game was really boring. The habs were dominated for 2 periods but came away with 2 points. Everyone was defensively solid, i thought the effort (again) and offensive zone was poor. This needs to change, the last 2 they have looked alot like last years team.

Kovu and Higgins were excellent again, they need a winger to compliment them

Kovalev has been MIA the last 2 games

Not very physical the last 2 games.

They will need to work harder the next few games and get there game back. Hopefully it's just a lag like all teams get. They can't rely on goalies shutting people out for points.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gui is reminding me of LeClair. That is; he's taking a while to get his groove.

I'm less down on Latendresse as opposed to being miffed with the staff regarding him. Brobin, sbhatt amongst others have noticed this flaw. It's up to the staff to work on his positioning and not just say, "Go get 'em kid", before a shift and expect him to use clairvoyance to figure this out. He's not going to know or learn that way.

I agree. It took Leclair how many years before he became a bonfide NHL power forward? 4- 5 years at least. Give Tenderness the time. It always takes longer with big boys!

I agree. It took Leclair how many years before he became a bonfide NHL power forward? 4- 5 years at least. Give Tenderness the time. It always takes longer with big boys!

It took Leclair a change of scenery to get going - he was excellent immediately after he was traded. Hopefully the experience with Latendresse won't be the same.

It took Leclair a change of scenery to get going - he was excellent immediately after he was traded. Hopefully the experience with Latendresse won't be the same.

maybe hamilton can be that change of scenery? ^_^

I actually thought the game was really boring. The habs were dominated for 2 periods but came away with 2 points. Everyone was defensively solid, i thought the effort (again) and offensive zone was poor. This needs to change, the last 2 they have looked alot like last years team.

Kovu and Higgins were excellent again, they need a winger to compliment them

Kovalev has been MIA the last 2 games

Not very physical the last 2 games.

They will need to work harder the next few games and get there game back. Hopefully it's just a lag like all teams get. They can't rely on goalies shutting people out for points.

I agree, it was a very boring game. We basically lullabied them to sleep for two points.

I think that we need a replacement for Ryder, if there is a deal out there for him I'd go for it. That top line is infinately better with real finisher.

I dont think that Lats on the top line at the end of a close defensive game is going to help anyone. I am pretty sure that Carbo was shortening his bench by benching the defensively unreliable forwards to keep the one goal lead. I like his decision.

I agree, it was a very boring game. We basically lullabied them to sleep for two points.

I think that we need a replacement for Ryder, if there is a deal out there for him I'd go for it. That top line is infinately better with real finisher.

I dont think that Lats on the top line at the end of a close defensive game is going to help anyone. I am pretty sure that Carbo was shortening his bench by benching the defensively unreliable forwards to keep the one goal lead. I like his decision.

Latendress is 20 years old and is still learning the NHL game. I am not comparing him to Lafleur but some of you may remember that a large number of people thought him a bust because he did not break out until year 3 or 4. Patience with this young man.

I disagree. He peaked in 93 - beautifully :clap: 24th cup. 2 road OT goal wins in LA.

1993-94 Montreal Canadiens NHL 74 19 24 43 32PIM Playoffs 7 2 1 3 8PIM

1994-95 Montreal Canadiens NHL 9 1 4 5 10

He then informed Serge he wanted to play in the U.S. and Serge made a trade many fans regret.

I give Serge the benefit of the doubt. His pluses outweighed his negatives as a GM. He drafted Roy and Theo amongst others! LeClair was ready in 1994 yes, but the prior numbers spell our own not as mighty Legion of Doom if he hadn't insisted on leaving. Too bad it went south from there. That's the funny thing about Serge as GM. For those who wanted him gone, I'm sure they would have preferred he stayed instead of Corry's insistance on Houle and Tremblay. How ironic. Then Molson froze the payroll and on and on...

What a drag. I hated LeClair after that. Especially coming back to the Forum as a Flyer. He was a BUM in Montreal to start in 1994-95. He was not trying. I remember those games. It's true the puck wasn't going in the net for him and it wasn't working out. Still, the desire and effort level was junk.

LeClair was traded in his 4th stint with the Habs. I can't fathom Gainey trading Latendresse unless there's one heck of an offer. They will be patient with him and he'll probably soon fix the very things we've been concerned with. Latendresse is definitely not a player to worry about. Last night some said Gui should have one timed a pass. Instead he backhanded a pass to the void corner hoping it would be picked up. It wasn't but the puck sitting in the corner allowed the players to get back defensively. Besides, he couldn't really blast the puck because he was being poked. The Buffalo's players stick was tying Lats' up. So Lat's did the spin backhand pass to evade. Good defensive play. :)

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

Latendress is 20 years old and is still learning the NHL game. I am not comparing him to Lafleur but some of you may remember that a large number of people thought him a bust because he did not break out until year 3 or 4. Patience with this young man.

Exactly he is so young I expect nothing from him but the drive to get better and ensure his physical game is always there.

I disagree. He peaked in 93 - beautifully :clap: 24th cup. 2 road OT goal wins in LA.

1993-94 Montreal Canadiens NHL 74 19 24 43 32PIM Playoffs 7 2 1 3 8PIM

1994-95 Montreal Canadiens NHL 9 1 4 5 10

He then informed Serge he wanted to play in the U.S. and Serge made a trade many fans regret.

I give Serge the benefit of the doubt. His pluses outweighed his negatives as a GM. He drafted Roy and Theo amongst others! LeClair was ready in 1994 yes, but the prior numbers spell our own not as mighty Legion of Doom if he hadn't insisted on leaving. Too bad it went south from there. That's the funny thing about Serge as GM. For those who wanted him gone, I'm sure they would have preferred he stayed instead of Corry's insistance on Houle and Tremblay. How ironic. Then Molson froze the payroll and on and on...

What a drag. I hated LeClair after that. Especially coming back to the Forum as a Flyer. He was a BUM in Montreal to start in 1994-95. He was not trying. I remember those games. It's true the puck wasn't going in the net for him and it wasn't working out. Still, the desire and effort level was junk.

LeClair was traded in his 4th stint with the Habs. I can't fathom Gainey trading Latendresse unless there's one heck of an offer. They will be patient with him and he'll probably soon fix the very things we've been concerned with. Latendresse is definitely not a player to worry about. Last night some said Gui should have one timed a pass. Instead he backhanded a pass to the void corner hoping it would be picked up. It wasn't but the puck sitting in the corner allowed the players to get back defensively. Besides, he couldn't really blast the puck because he was being poked. The Buffalo's players stick was tying Lats' up. So Lat's did the spin backhand pass to evade. Good defensive play. :)

You definitely have a different recollection of John Leclair than I do. It is the first I have heard of Leclair demanding a trade. Maybe it is true, but considering Leclair was from Saint Albans, VT, an hour and a half from Montreal it seems a little strange.

I recall being horrified when I heard the trade because he had lead the team in pre-season scoring and seemed to be making the leap. I do not recall him dogging it in any way and he had 5 points in 9 games to start the season.

Lats was not a top 5 pick. He was a project pick that had dropped out of the first round. He is still a project. Power forwards take a while to develop. They will be patient with him.