Game Thread | Buffalo vs. Canadiens | 11/05/07

Spider-Man NL

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Read Spector's trade rumours and Ek all you want. Read hockey boards about where and when Huet is going. It's probably a waste of time. BOb has no reason at all to move him yet. He's hunkered down tonight. The boys OWE HIM!

Get'r done!

I love it when I call it. Huet was solid and continued the dominant play. He was square to the puck. :clap:

I'm feeling better and once again the universe is right :hlogo:

I don't recall any good game with TO tbh.. last year it was mostly Aebi who was in the net against leafs... Carbo gotta try Price in vs TO games! :rolleyes:

I am all for that Price should start the 13th.

Kostitsyn was dominant on the second line. He got an apple and almost another 30 seconds later. :clap:

Latendresse deserves to be put on the 3rd. In a way, it's not his fault. His ethic is there and he's doing many things right but he's making bad decisions going deep and getting caught. He has to work on that. He's got to time his hits better and make better decisions sometimes to remain in the high slot instead of always going deep and chasing lost dump ins on changes. That way he can intercept breakouts with a poke, check or he can back check more effectively.

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

Kostitsyn was dominant on the second line. He got an apple and almost another 30 seconds later. :clap:

Latendresse deserves to be put on the 3rd. In a way, it's not his fault. His ethic is there and he's doing many things right but he's making bad decisions going deep and getting caught. He has to work on that. He's got to time his hits better and make better decisions sometimes to remain in the high slot instead of always going deep and chasing lost dump ins on changes. That way he can intercept breakouts with a poke, check or he can back check more effectively.

I agree that Tenderness could be playing better, but he's trying.

By the way, Latendresse tweeked his back during the pre-game warm up. You could tell he wasn't very comfortable(he fell twice for no reason during the game). I've got a bad feeling that the injury is more serious than he thinks!

As far as the starting goalie against the losers on the 13th, thers's no doubt in my mind that Price will get the start! Huet has loked bad in his last three starts against the Leafs!

Oh yeah! Nice call by Carbo to send huet back out there tonight. You could tell huet had something to prove, and wanted to get his team mates confidence back, which he did in a nice way!

Edited by Habsfan

I was at the game tonight, and I was pretty nervous up until the empty netter. Huet played very well tonight. Thank God. Dandy looked very good out there. He is so fast. On TV, you don`t see the way he catches up to the play, but his speed is a huge asset on the 3rd or 4th line. Kostityn had his best night yet. It was nice to see him with Plex again. He looked dangerous all night. I can see why the LA fans loved Kosty. He is an aggressive ba---rd. I love our 4th line. Georges looked really good tonight. He doesn`t hit like Cube, but I would say his play lately has been very good. I think Bonk was a better shutdown centre than Smoke. I still like him though.

I love Hammer. Man is he solid. He hits, his outlet pass is amazing.

So now I fly back to stinkin old Alberta. I have to reiterate how impressed I was with Montreal. It is a very social city. I wish my grasp of French was better, because it would have been nice to communicate in French. I will have to work on it. I didn`t feel nervous at all. I really think this is one of the most unique cities in Canada.

Latendresse suffured a back injury during the warm up. That is probably why he was terrible. He played well for the last three games or so, so let's not crucify him immediately.

I agree that AK played a solid game tho. I hope it'll help bolster his confidence.

I find that lats is trying to get goals (and make up for his lack of foot speed) by floating up high all the time. That has got to stop. He doesn't have the speed to get back and right now he can't do anything useful with the puck if he got it anyway.

I think the 3rd line is good for Lats. He needs to forget about scoring right now and start playing a more solid positional game. He needs to fore check, skate, and play better defensively. If he can do that, the goals will start coming. Right now, he is trying for goals at the expense of this team, imo.

Look at Dandy.. he is just skating all the time, attacking the puck carrier, winning battles for the loose puck, and fore checking. He is getting the odd goal, but most importantly, the 4th line is now a great line. They eat up the clock, they tire out the other team, and the are even creating chances. (Begin is a huge part of that too). If lats can start doing that, I don't care how many goals he gets, he can stay in Montreal.

If Lats continues trying to be a first line power forward, I think he will work his way to Hamilton in a hurry.

Latendresse suffured a back injury during the warm up. That is probably why he was terrible. He played well for the last three games or so, so let's not crucify him immediately.

I agree that AK played a solid game tho. I hope it'll help bolster his confidence.

I agree. He's been playing better over the past few games.

Remember last year, when Latendresse had a slow start to the season. Remmeber what got Latendresse started? Latendresse started to score when Higgins got injured. Maybe instead of putting Kostopoulos on the first line instead of Ryder, Carbo should try changing Tenderness with Ryder on the first and second lines?

Edited by Habsfan

I agree. He's been paying better over the past few games.

Remember last year, when Latendresse had a slow start to the season. Remmeber what got Latendresse started? Latendresse started to score when Higgins got injured. Maybe instead of putting Kostopoulos on the first line instead of Ryder, Carbo should try changing Tenderness with Ryder on the first and second lines?

right now I really like Kostitsyn in that 2nd line role. If Latendresse is shelved for any length of time with that back injury, I guess it is a moot point. I would start Lats on the third or fourth line and if Ryder is struggling mid-game, give him a shot at 1st.

Gui is reminding me of LeClair. That is; he's taking a while to get his groove.

I'm less down on Latendresse as opposed to being miffed with the staff regarding him. Brobin, sbhatt amongst others have noticed this flaw. It's up to the staff to work on his positioning and not just say, "Go get 'em kid", before a shift and expect him to use clairvoyance to figure this out. He's not going to know or learn that way.

Gui is reminding me of LeClair. That is; he's taking a while to get his groove.

I'm less down on Latendresse as opposed to being miffed with the staff regarding him. Brobin, sbhatt amongst others have noticed this flaw. It's up to the staff to work on his positioning and not just say, "Go get 'em kid", before a shift and expect him to use clairvoyance to figure this out. He's not going to know or learn that way.

we don't know what he is being told. He might just be having trouble integrating and executing instruction.