Garth Murray on Waivers

Punkned

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Garth Murray is on waivers. He was waived last year but not claimed and stayed with the team. I don't see him being claimed this time either. Is he on his way to Hamilton?

yup. I would expect him to clear. We'll see. Does this mean there's a chance Lappy's on his way up, and if so, who's gonna eat hotdogs in the press box? If lappy comes up, I hope he doesn't jsut sit in the box, but I don't know who should be sitting there, if anyone, from the current forward line up...

yup. I would expect him to clear. We'll see. Does this mean there's a chance Lappy's on his way up, and if so, who's gonna eat hotdogs in the press box? If lappy comes up, I hope he doesn't jsut sit in the box, but I don't know who should be sitting there, if anyone, from the current forward line up...

I doubt this will happen but it would be really cool to see little Kostitsyn be called up then bench Lats or Ryder for a game.

Althought Lats is playing much better the last week or so, and Ryder is not playing terrible just not scoring.

I think the popular choice to come up would be Max, he has plenty of NHL experience and is playing pretty well for Hamilton so far. As the previous poster said though it would be stupid to call him up and have him sit in the pressbox.

Edited by Habsfan24

they should bring up a russian so grabovski has some one to talk to. maybe they share a soda !!!

maybe this is a sign that a trade is coming later today. There have been lots of rumours lately regarding Halak demanding a trade... could this be the start of it?

possible, but I never expect trades anymore... it makes me too anxious. if they happen, they happen... also, regarding Halak specifically, that's been cleared up that he didn't demand a trade after all, but was offered a contract by a russian super league team, which he turned down. That being the case, I DON'T think we should trade him at this time. Keep all the goalies until the situation clears up...

possible, but I never expect trades anymore... it makes me too anxious. if they happen, they happen... also, regarding Halak specifically, that's been cleared up that he didn't demand a trade after all, but was offered a contract by a russian super league team, which he turned down. That being the case, I DON'T think we should trade him at this time. Keep all the goalies until the situation clears up...

I completly agree. I have this really bad feeling the habs will trade Halak and he will turn out to be an amazing goalie.

I completly agree. I have this really bad feeling the habs will trade Halak and he will turn out to be an amazing goalie.

when has that ever happened? As if the habs would ever move a Czechoslovakian goalie prospect and that prospect would turn out to be great? Whatever! :wacko:

when has that ever happened? As if the habs would ever move a Czechoslovakian goalie prospect and that prospect would turn out to be great? Whatever! :wacko:

The fact that Halak comes from a country that's in the same general area as Vokoun's country has nothing to do with the chances of him being a great goalie in another city.

The fact that Halak comes from a country that's in the same general area as Vokoun's country has nothing to do with the chances of him being a great goalie in another city.

I know. Been down this road before on this board. Just like Leaf fans believed Toskala was the next Kipprusoff because he was Finnish and they were both San Jose backups.

I know. Been down this road before on this board. Just like Leaf fans believed Toskala was the next Kipprusoff because he was Finnish and they were both San Jose backups.

Well Halak has shown a lot of promise but you are correct he has not proved anything in the NHL.

He was great at home but very terrible on the road.

I was trying to be funny, not analytical. I guess I failed at both.

PS - I don't think Halak is the next Vokoun.

My guess is he only made the team as a fallback option in case one of Chipchura, Grabovski, and even Dandenault and Kostitsyn couldn't cut it.

We'll probably only carry 22 skaters I think.

I thought he might go to Hamilton on conditioning when he got healthy, but this obviously means the organization is satisfied with their depth without him.

I doubt they call up a guy like Lapierre just to sit in the press box. And if Latendresse is not going to be one of our top 12 skaters, I'd send him down to Hamilton, too. Only then would I call up Lapierre or anyone else.

This is somehow interesting at this moment. Hamilton needed offense badly recently:))

Murray will furfill is potential on Hamilton first line and become the power winger we were waiting for.

Nice move by Bob.

The team is not showing up for full 60 minutes for 3-4 and Bob

sends a message by waiving Murray.

For me the message would be there is no place for someone to sit around.

That being said what was the place that Murray could have filled if anybody was injured?

He could not take over anybody spot, Dandenault took a spot in the wingers depth and now

one has to go down.

But expect a call up soon. This team need a shake up.

Well Halak has shown a lot of promise but you are correct he has not proved anything in the NHL.

He was great at home but very terrible on the road.

blaming halak is a bit harsh IMO. yes he wasnt great on the road last year, but the team sucked at that point. had the canadiens win that game in TO and made the playoffs halak would've been praised, but they failed( when huet was in goals).

he has more to offer than he showed so far and I don't think he'll be traded, he'll be in montreal by the end of this year.

But expect a call up soon. This team need a shake up.

I really don't understand. Our record is 8-3-3 right now. I think at the start of the season if we would have said this would be our record at this point everyone would have been happy. Other than 1 or 2 games, I think the Habs have played very well so far this year.

People always seem to complain that Carbo moves his lines around too much, but now, even with a decent record, people are asking for a shake up?

I'll agree with you, but only if we start losing 3-4 games in a row.

I really don't understand. Our record is 8-3-3 right now. I think at the start of the season if we would have said this would be our record at this point everyone would have been happy. Other than 1 or 2 games, I think the Habs have played very well so far this year.

People always seem to complain that Carbo moves his lines around too much, but now, even with a decent record, people are asking for a shake up?

I'll agree with you, but only if we start losing 3-4 games in a row.

Yup, good post. If it is not broken don't fix it, just make small adjustments if you have to. What I do not understand is what Murray did so badly to get demoted...

Murray passes through waivers (shocking). Looks like he's off to Hamilton.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/240134.html

I have ot say i kinda feel for the guy, but then again, he's not the first guy to be placed on waivers. Sorry Garth, but I don't think you have the talent to be in the NHL!!!