Lats out, Grabs in

simonus

Sounds good to me.

We will see how Lats responds. Hopefully the "Lats free pass" he has had this year is over. He is a prospect like the rest of them and is not guaranteed a spot in the lineup, but has to work for it.

Sounds good to me.

We will see how Lats responds. Hopefully the "Lats free pass" he has had this year is over. He is a prospect like the rest of them and is not guaranteed a spot in the lineup, but has to work for it.

Lats is injured and that's why he won't play on Thursday

Sounds good to me.

This is the second time Lats has sat. He sat out the Florida game as well. He responded well last time. He scored, a cheap one at that. But played a strong game against Ottawa in his return.

Lats is injured and that's why he won't play on Thursday

If that is the only reason, then that is too bad.

Lets face it, he was brought up last year because there was no choice. If not for the rules, he would have been in the AHL last year and competing for spots with the rest of them.

IMO, he has not done anything to deserve a guaranteed spot in the lineup and should be fighting it out with kost, Grabs, etc for his ice time. I don't say that to punish him, but to help develop him. He needs to be hungry. He had a lot to prove last year and that seemed to drive him to succeed, at least in the first half. He needs to get that drive back and knocking him off the pedestal might be the way to do it.

I'm one of the only people in existence who seems to like Grabovski, so I see this less in terms of punishing Lats than in terms of adding Grabs to the lineup. To me, he's brought some zip, hustle, and the occasional unexpected offensive move - I feel that he makes the Habs faster and therefore slightly harder to play against. But I seem to be in a minority of one, and there's no question that Lats is likely to be a much bigger part of the Habs' future.

I'm one of the only people in existence who seems to like Grabovski, so I see this less in terms of punishing Lats than in terms of adding Grabs to the lineup. To me, he's brought some zip, hustle, and the occasional unexpected offensive move - I feel that he makes the Habs faster and therefore slightly harder to play against. But I seem to be in a minority of one, and there's no question that Lats is likely to be a much bigger part of the Habs' future.

I like Grabovski as well, but remember that Lats is out (at least primarily) because of his back.

Make that a minority of two. I thing Grabovski has the potential to be a real goal scoring force in the NHL but even if I'm wrong he still has blistering speed and can help the club even if he tops out at Petrov level

You can add me to the Grabswagon...

I like the speed, shiftiness and though he is a little undersized, he sure works his butt off out there. He may as the year progresses provide us with that spark we need from time to time and could develop into a dangerous speedster, though time will tell.

Guillaume needed to sit whether an injury or not so I for one am happy at this turn of events.

And PMAC nice work on the Indigo Girls line in the sig...

Edited by The Saint