Hamrlik appreciation Thread

BCHabnut

Okay, I've seen so many positives about this guy, I thought I'd start a thread. What do you think of him? Defensive play, offensive, passing, creativity etc...

I love this guy. He dishes out monster hits at the end boards. Doesn't take that many penalties. His outlet pass is very good. He seems to do the right thing most of time. His positional play is exceptional, and he can skate and shoot. As others have said, Hammer has been the biggest difference to this team this year.

All I have to say is

SHELDON WHO?

Okay, I've seen so many positives about this guy, I thought I'd start a thread. What do you think of him? Defensive play, offensive, passing, creativity etc...

I love this guy. He dishes out monster hits at the end boards. Doesn't take that many penalties. His outlet pass is very good. He seems to do the right thing most of time. His positional play is exceptional, and he can skate and shoot. As others have said, Hammer has been the biggest difference to this team this year.

All I have to say is

SHELDON WHO?

:clap: Couldn't agree with you more. He is just a steady D man that we needed. He's doing a great job!!!

My Home Hamrlik jersey is on its way.

Best UFA signing in the divison!

take briere away and he's the best signing of the summer.

If he was such a good teacher to phaneuf I hope he will do the same with o'byrne, valentenko, mcdonagh...

He could be the best UFA signing the Habs have ever made. We've always built through the draft and trades.

I know people harp on Kovalev but he is a great UFA as well.

And Markov is kind of a UFA.

Kovalev has also been one of them, I wouldn't really count Markov though as he is a homegrown talent.

Like I mentionned in another thread, hamrlik is on pace to finish the season with 45 points, which isn't too bad for a "defensive" d-man.

If hamrlik can finish with 35-40 points and a +/- rating above zero, i'll be damn happy! Added bonus, he seems to know when to use the body at the right moment!

When we seriously think about it, kovalev has been a pretty damn good pick up. With teh exception of last year, kovy has been good with the Habs.

When the Habs first picked him up, he finished the post season with 10 points in 12 games(which is pretty good!)

His first full year he had 65 points in only 69 games played and this year, he's up to 13 points in 15 games! I know it's still early, but he's on pace to score 43 goals! I don't even remember who was the last 40 goal scorer in Montreal?? Vinnie Damphousse??

I love when the Habs are winning because the boards are so much more positive.

Another loss to the Leafs will change that. Nothing irritates me more, although I was not one of the lynch mob searching for Huet last weekend.

Let's hope Guy rolls into Toronto with Price starting.

and

I LOVE HAMRLIK!

Edited by Wamsley01

Two thumbs up for the HAMMER. Great aquisition so far. Never really saw him play much before. But he is a rock back there. So calm and defensively aware. Loves the body as well. Feels really good to know that he and Markov are signed for the next 4 years. Add in Komi and the future looks solid. Add a couple other youngsters in there slowly and look out. Hammy's not gonna score 20 goals but will save much more than that on the back end.

So far so good on this signing.

Another loss to the Leafs will change that. Nothing irritates me more,

You said it right! i hate it when they lose to the Losers(something they seem to be doing often lately!

Let's hope Guy rolls into Toronto with Price starting.

I think that is Carbo's plan. He plans on playing Price in Toronto and Huet in Ottawa. That's why he put Price in nets last night, even though Huet just came off a shutout and let's not forget the fact that Huet has had the Bruin's number since last year. Some people in town were questionning Carbo's decision to start Price last night, but it makes sense to me. You don'T want to send the Kid in nets on Tuesday especially if he hasn't played in over a week. The Kid needs to see some rubber!

When we seriously think about it, kovalev has been a pretty damn good pick up. With teh exception of last year, kovy has been good with the Habs.

When the Habs first picked him up, he finished the post season with 10 points in 12 games(which is pretty good!)

His first full year he had 65 points in only 69 games played and this year, he's up to 13 points in 15 games! I know it's still early, but he's on pace to score 43 goals! I don't even remember who was the last 40 goal scorer in Montreal?? Vinnie Damphousse??

or Stephane Richer ! lol if thats how you spell his name

or Stephan Riche ! lol if thats how you spell his name

I'm pretty sure it's not Stéphane Richer. Richer was our last 50 goal scorer, but I do know that Bellows had 40 goals in 1993. I think Damphousse might've scored 40 in the mid 90's?