Living in Ottawa/Hull

JLP

Anyone live(d) in Ottawa/Hull and maybe has some comments they could share? (Starting to look at exit strategies from Japan.) Thanks!

also considering other spots in Canada if anyone wants to pitch a particular city!

What, have you never visited there? It's like being stuck in a loop, crappy little government town. God I cant wait to get back to montreal when I'm there.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

as clean as it is boring:

plus side: only 2 hours from mtl.

Edited by marky_and_komi

I'd pitch Calgary but I'd prefer people moved away rather then MORE people moving here. Plus you'd only get to see your Habs once every 3 years. While thats still more then you get to see them in Japan, you're still probably better off in the East. ;)

calgary would be a nice place. it'd be my choice had I have to live somewhere else in canada.

Please don't. And it's nothing personal. Honest.

This boom means I'll be living with my dad until I'm 30 OR I need about 80 roommates. :( It's too stinkin crowded here, everyone from Saskatchewan needs to go back to Saskatchewan!

Come East to Halifax, we are booming, real estate is still affordable, jobs are plentiful, and the night life is amazing. Just have to get use to the dampness, but it is Nov and my roses still have flowers! Sort of... Okay they are brown, not white, but they are still roses in my eyes.

Anyone live(d) in Ottawa/Hull and maybe has some comments they could share? (Starting to look at exit strategies from Japan.) Thanks!

also considering other spots in Canada if anyone wants to pitch a particular city!

Just get as far away from Montreal as you can or you might steal my job!

dunno.

people have told me who things are in st. louis for years, when they never lived there. just returning the favour i guess.

crappy day

Returning the favor generally includes the same people. Thats why you're returning it.

It's like Mils said (in this thread? I'm not sure). Debating whether one city is better then another is one of the most pointless things in the world.

Returning the favor generally includes the same people. Thats why you're returning it.

It's like Mils said (in this thread? I'm not sure). Debating whether one city is better then another is one of the most pointless things in the world.

really? never heard of hazing?

anyway

that was the chicago thread

From what I've seen on tv and pictures its a smaller denver.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the input friends, I am also looking at where the weather is best and the houses are not so expensive, doesn't have to be a big city, a smaller city that's within an hour or two of a metropolis might be nice . . .

thanks for the input friends, I am also looking at where the weather is best and the houses are not so expensive, doesn't have to be a big city, a smaller city that's within an hour or two of a metropolis might be nice . . .

go on the quebec side of the outaouais river.

close to ottawa and yet not too far of montreal.