Game Thread | Canadiens vs. Ottawa | 11/10/07

Spider-Man NL

I analyzed your knee-jerk defense of Michael Ryder's abysmal play, noted your constant assumptions that anyone with a negative opinion of Ryder's play must not be watching the games, and formed an opionion of you based on that. Any other questions, genius?

iam not saying ryder is the greats play, and we could get better, but he gets blame for every loss, its crazy

Edited by KEEP26

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get rid of BOUILLON. He's gottaaaaaaaa goooooooooooooo. Ryder is just slumping, but the Cube is just a 7th d-man at best.

Was he not the main reason for the winning goal today?

Rented like a 'mule' one-on-one, then screened Huet on Neil's shot.

Send him packing!!!!!

I have preferred Gorges play to Bouillon's so far this season.

What happened to the Cube of 2 seasons ago? I liked that player.

I wouldn't call it his forte, but I would call it an adjustment to his game. I agree though, get him off the top line, ease off the pressure to perform and see where he goes.

I understand what you are saying in your posts.

Maybe Ryder could replace Lats for a while and try Grabs on the top line.

I don't know...We need to score more that is for sure.

if iam eminem, you are ja rule lol, and you the guy calling me moron...get some class

Really? I never called you moron for one. I never suggested that somebody condescending others on a messageboard would not STEP UP in real life.

You are doing a solid job of earning respect though. Keep it up tough guy. What's next? Are you going to ask me to meet you in the parking lot?

Class??...thank you for entertaining me after a frustrating loss

iam not saying ryder is the greats play, and we could get better, but he gets blame for every loss, its crazy

Dude, i don't think everyone is blaming Ryder for every loss. They're just stating that as the team is getting better, certain players are gonna get phased out, and will be replaced by better players. That is the only way a team gets better. Upgrading from Ryder to a better first line right winger. That will definitely be an upgrade. Ryder will score some goals but that's about it. A streaky scorer. But with Saku and Higgins playing much better, there ought to be better choices for their right winger. Whethere through trade, free agent, or from within. Gainey will make the upgrade, it's just a matter of when.

Ryder gets flak when they win. What does that say? This is not Huet we are talking about who was unjustly ripped after a bad game versus the Leafs.

The guy has not earned a free pass. He is not scoring, he deserves the heat. Simple as that. And I never scapegoated him in this loss. I just said he should be moved

down 2 lines and disagreed that he was one of the 2 best forwards out there.

I understand what you are saying in your posts.

Maybe Ryder could replace Lats for a while and try Grabs on the top line.

I don't know...We need to score more that is for sure.

Can Grabs play LW or RW? I've never seen Higgins leave LW, and Koivu is the obvious centerman.

Grabs certainly doesn't deserve it, but it may be what clicks. I said the same thing about Latendresse.

I'm certainly not blaming Ryder for the loss. I'm just stating that he has not produced at all this season, and is eating up minutes on a line that MUST produce for this team to win consistently over the long haul. He needs to find his game, but the first line is NOT the place to be struggling while looking for answers.

Dude, i don't think everyone is blaming Ryder for every loss. They're just stating that as the team is getting better, certain players are gonna get phased out, and will be replaced by better players. That is the only way a team gets better. Upgrading from Ryder to a better first line right winger. That will definitely be an upgrade. Ryder will score some goals but that's about it. A streaky scorer. But with Saku and Higgins playing much better, there ought to be better choices for their right winger. Whethere through trade, free agent, or from within. Gainey will make the upgrade, it's just a matter of when.

EXACTLY!! A nice concise evaluation. No threats, no disrespect. Nice job MFT77

Can Grabs play LW or RW? I've never seen Higgins leave LW, and Koivu is the obvious centerman.

Grabs certainly doesn't deserve it, but it may be what clicks. I said the same thing about Latendresse.

I don't know who can play where effectively!

Grabs does not deserve it, you are right about that.

I really don't know what the solution is. All I know is that we need to score some 5 on 5 goals.

Really? I never called you moron for one. I never suggested that somebody condescending others on a messageboard would not STEP UP in real life.

You are doing a solid job of earning respect though. Keep it up tough guy. What's next? Are you going to ask me to meet you in the parking lot?

Class??...thank you for entertaining me after a frustrating loss

sorry it wasnt you who call me a moron, my bad

Get rid of BOUILLON. He's gottaaaaaaaa goooooooooooooo. Ryder is just slumping, but the Cube is just a 7th d-man at best.

Was he not the main reason for the winning goal today?

Rented like a 'mule' one-on-one, then screened Huet on Neil's shot.

Send him packing!!!!!

the cube was not responsible for the goal. Its not like he moved in front to screen Huet, Neil moved to make him a screen.. pretty standard stuff..

How about Koivu falling and letting Heatley make the pass for the tying goal?

All these things are silly. the biggest reasons we lost are simple. Sat back on the lead too long and failed to score more then one goal again. This was a team effort and a team loss. The exceptional standout in the entire game was Huet and that was for all the right reasons. :)

the cube was not responsible for the goal. Its not like he moved in front to screen Huet, Neil moved to make him a screen.. pretty standard stuff..

How about Koivu falling and letting Heatley make the pass for the tying goal?

All these things are silly. the biggest reasons we lost are simple. Sat back on the lead too long and failed to score more then one goal again. This was a team effort and a team loss. The exceptional standout in the entire game was Huet and that was for all the right reasons. :)

I agree with some of what you state, but i continue to wonder why Bouillon continues to get a free pass. Albeit he is playing ok this year, i would rather see Gorges in there, to see i he's got a chance to be part of the Habs future. The Cube just can't keep up and he gets beat and cannot handle lotsa forwards out there. Beat one-on-one today. Makes a panic play against the B's and fires the puck over the glass when he had plenty of time to clear it. Seems to me he should be in the pressbox as a healthy scratch.

I agree with some of what you state, but i continue to wonder why Bouillon continues to get a free pass. Albeit he is playing ok this year, i would rather see Gorges in there, to see i he's got a chance to be part of the Habs future. The Cube just can't keep up and he gets beat and cannot handle lotsa forwards out there. Beat one-on-one today. Makes a panic play against the B's and fires the puck over the glass when he had plenty of time to clear it. Seems to me he should be in the pressbox as a healthy scratch.

I don't see what the issue is. The Cube is our 6/7 defenseman. He is perfectly fine in that role. Gorges has not been all that impressive to me.

Sometimes you guys make it sound like Cube is playing top pair minutes while the next Norris trophy winner is in the press box. Gainey and Carbo like what they get from the Cube, intensity, skating, and hitting. Switching the Cube for Gorges is at best a wash, imo.

Personally, I think this team has bigger issues to worry about, like the continued lack of production 5-5. We still need a top line center (maybe a winger) before this team really takes off. Until then, they are doing pretty good for a young team that is reliant on all 4 lines to play well for a win.

But why question the 6th d-man on the team? He is a 6th d-man. Adding Gorges does not really change the complexion. It is like when the Leaf fans continually called

for Nathan Dempsey. It makes no difference. It was a team loss, Koivu is just as responsible. Why is nobody complaining about the Kostopolous suicide cross ice point pass that set Alfreddson free on the break? Alfie's cover allowing him to be alone on the one timer in the 2nd? Why? Because Huet got them off the hook with HUGE saves.

They made a tactical error by sitting on the lead, allowed Heatley/Alfie to much space to create and they got burned by the best team in the league.

No excuses, no blame, just a tough loss. They have made strides this season, let's hope next year they have the confidence to say FU Ottawa try and stop us

from taking these 2, not OMG we are going to beat Ottawa, keep moving clock.

What's with the insults flying around here?

Yeah Ryder hasn't been producing, but he also has three 30-goal seasons, so let's not push the panic button just yet. We're winning games right now (well, except tonight...) and that's #1. Everything else is secondary to that.

Yeah Ryder hasn't been producing, but he also has three 30-goal seasons, so let's not push the panic button just yet. We're winning games right now (well, except tonight...) and that's #1. Everything else is secondary to that.

You are an idiot... :unsure:

LOL, didn't want you to feel left out... :clap:

You are bang on...

True enough. But guys who are not producing are subject to criticism. He has been less than stellar. Hence the criticism.

That was a frustrating loss, everybody vents, end of story. No biggie.

What have you done for me lately. That is the way it is, remember Montreal is the city that boooed Patrick Roy.

If he got criticized I don't think it is a big deal that Ryder is being ripped.