Game Thread | Canadiens vs. Ottawa | 11/10/07

Spider-Man NL

Everyone needs to take a

Chill-Pill.png

and put this game behind us. Leafs are coming up, let's get our revenge and score a W at their own ACC!

No problem, where do I get them?

Got anything stronger, I am an old rocker you know and my substance tolerance is very high.

Oh and CBHABS FAN I never said trade Ryder for a late pick, I said that would be his current value to other teams. Yes he scored 30 goals, twice not 3 times as you said, unless you consider the Swede league as part of his NHL career. He was never suppose to be the top line RW on this team and had to fight hard to get the possition. I respect him for that. I still stick by my guns and say he is a second line winger playing over his head. If not this season then next for sure, he is replaced. I hope he gets out of his drought, but I don't consider him a true natural goal scorer. He will never score 40, which leaves him behind Kovalev as a goal scorer, if you go by history only. Oh and '05/06 30G -5 +/-, '06/07 30G -25 +/-.

Those plus/minus figures are more important on your top line than goals. Your top line better be in the plusses or you miss the playoffs.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough loss ... but the habs have to look forward.

BTW . I second that previous motion...

Take a minute and pause on this rememberance day for which all this freedom wold not be ours if it wasn't for the bravehearts.

That's what counts and should not be forgotten ...

:clap: today i remember alot of good friend, i loss over the last few years. noting like watching the habs win in afghanistan with your buddies. funny how a game can make you forget everything a round you...long live the habs.

:ghg:

Edited by KEEP26

:clap: today i remember alot of good friend, i loss over the last few years. noting like watching the habs win in afghanistan with your buddies. funny how a game can make you forget everything a round you...long live the habs.

:ghg:

Sorry for your losses.

But just another reason why professional sports are a great thing.

good idea brobin, I just took your lead and sent an email of my own.

Very irresponsible of the CBC if you ask me.

I have to disagree here.

I think playing these ads when kids are watching make them want to know more about safety. Parents should explain them why these ads are playing and take this opportunity to give safety tips and advice to their kids.

For example, "see that's what can happen to mom or dad when they are working if they don't pay attention or ignore the risks. It's the same for you at school if you decide to play "king of the hill" or playing with your scissors."

Gotta wake up 1 night or 2 because of your kids nightmare instead of seeing a dirty accident happens.

I have to disagree here.

I think playing these ads when kids are watching make them want to know more about safety. Parents should explain them why these ads are playing and take this opportunity to give safety tips and advice to their kids.

For example, "see that's what can happen to mom or dad when they are working if they don't pay attention or ignore the risks. It's the same for you at school if you decide to play "king of the hill" or playing with your scissors."

Gotta wake up 1 night or 2 because of your kids nightmare instead of seeing a dirty accident happens.

Not to run this into the ground, but I just have to reply re: the Worksafe ad.

I will determine when and how my children learn about and deal with potential accidents as well as how they deal with nightmares and anything else this world has to offer. That's my job as their Dad and I love my job. I don't like these things being determined by anyone else let alone a television station. And just so you know we don't watch a lot of tv, but the Habs usually are damn good TV! Thankfully I have RDS...except I have to deal with Pednault...

I do believe that the message in the add is the right one, but that the graphic nature is just too disturbing, in my opinion.

And I respectfully disagree with your comment that an ad like that will make kids "want to know more about safety". That has not been my experience with kids over the years...and I have taught grades 3-6 in previous years...

But, we can simply agree to disagree and I will simply ensure that we avoid the tv...excpet for the Habs on RDS HD!

Thanks for your perspective Joe, I honestly appreciate it.

As for those who say he is lacking confidence, I fear it is the exact opposite. He's convinced he's a star. He was asked in an interview about his lack of scoring and he just smiled and said lots of stars in the league had only 2 or 3 goals so it was no big deal. I think that ever since he learned how to toe-drag he's believed that he is a top offensive talent in the league and it shows each time he negotiates contracts. I hope he can start scoring, but even if he does, if I am GM, I do not even make an attempt to re-sign him after the season.

Watching his play he certainly doesn't look confident. A confident player would skate in with the chances he's had, snipe it like he should be, and skate back the bench with his balls hanging out.

Ryder holds on to the puck, and waits, and second guesses, and waits, and triple guesses. He's hesitant. Where's the confidence there?

I will determine when and how my children learn about and deal with potential accidents as well as how they deal with nightmares and anything else this world has to offer. That's my job as their Dad and I love my job. I don't like these things being determined by anyone else let alone a television station. And just so you know we don't watch a lot of tv, but the Habs usually are damn good TV! Thankfully I have RDS...except I have to deal with Pednault...

I do believe that the message in the add is the right one, but that the graphic nature is just too disturbing, in my opinion.

Agree completely. The ads were seen by both of my kids and caused a lot of problems. They're totally inappropriate and I'll be telling the CBC that too.

And I respectfully disagree with your comment that an ad like that will make kids "want to know more about safety". That has not been my experience with kids over the years...and I have taught grades 3-6 in previous years...

But, we can simply agree to disagree and I will simply ensure that we avoid the tv...excpet for the Habs on RDS HD!

Thanks for your perspective Joe, I honestly appreciate it.

I didn't teach any grades, but i've been in primary school enough to see 2 major injuries + 2 or 3 broken legs/arms that could have been avoided. Once, few kids played king of the hill in the snow (i was one of them back in the days) and one of us felt down the mound right into a fence and lost an eye. He was 9 or 10 years old. All of us were like : We didn't know/realise this could happen. Same for a girl who lost a quite big par of her jaw being cliped while sliding on ice spot.

We didn't know/realise these kind of accidents could happen to us, we were only kids, invincibles. We all know good parents are aware of the consequence of risky games/jobs/any kind of actions. But how many parents are not that good so they don't teach this to their kids before a bad bad thing happen?

I think my parents did a good job as I did not try to be real rude with others playing king of the mound, simply trying to pull them down with me, simply having fun, maybe getting a blue or a bleeding nose if we would be unlucky.

But some parents, who were not educated like you seem to be (as a teacher, university, etc), maybe who didn't receive this kind of advices by their parents, will not tend to give these kind of advices to their own ones.

IMHO, these ads, while horrible to watch, are, unfortunately, necessary in our society. That being said, I respect the fact that you might want to teach yourself to your kids this kind of things. But i think security is not so individual, it is a real social stake and tv is more than often the best way to reach mass population, educated or not.

I also appreciate your perspective and all these deep conversations members can have on this board.

PS. I'm french canadien, so sorry if some of these sentences seems to make no sense, but it's easier to talk about hockey than other topics...

Joe,

Your English is just fine my friend...and is written better than my French. So, no need to worry about your points getting across.

You make a very good point about the reach of these messages and the fact that the majority of parents likely won't take it upon themselves to teach these life lessons. Sad but very true.

It is refreshing to have a sincere, honest and respectful debate on these boards. Seems that we all get a little riled up sometimes, particularly after a loss.

Now here's hoping to Les Glorieux can crush those annoying Leafs Tuesday night.

Pour moi, comme j'ai deja dit, je suis tres chanceux d'avoir acces a RDS, sauf l'element Pednault, mais meme lui, il a ses bons et mauvais moment. J'apprecie en general tes commentaires Joe, keep it up!

Salut!

Matt

Joe,

Your English is just fine my friend...and is written better than my French. So, no need to worry about your points getting across.

You make a very good point about the reach of these messages and the fact that the majority of parents likely won't take it upon themselves to teach these life lessons. Sad but very true.

It is refreshing to have a sincere, honest and respectful debate on these boards. Seems that we all get a little riled up sometimes, particularly after a loss.

:clap:

Now here's hoping to Les Glorieux can crush those annoying Leafs Tuesday night.

Pour moi, comme j'ai deja dit, je suis tres chanceux d'avoir acces a RDS, sauf l'element Pednault, mais meme lui, il a ses bons et mauvais moment. J'apprecie en general tes commentaires Joe, keep it up!

Salut!

Matt

Watching his play he certainly doesn't look confident. A confident player would skate in with the chances he's had, snipe it like he should be, and skate back the bench with his balls hanging out.

Ryder holds on to the puck, and waits, and second guesses, and waits, and triple guesses. He's hesitant. Where's the confidence there?

Or you can say that he has the confidence to try deking out every defenceman he crosses or to try crazy shit on his two-on-ones. When a rookie joins the league, he is usually too nervous and scared to try deking anyone out, he just plays a simple game - but as he gains confidence, he loses the fear of making mistakes, knowing that just because he made a little mistake doesn't mean he'll be benched next game. If Ryder were scared to make mistakes, I think he would have passed the puck on that 2-on-1 rather than try to pull off a crazy backhand move that had very little chance of going anywhere.