(84)Latendresse - (28)Chipchura - (25)Dandenault

d.jpg

(79)Markov - (8)Komisarek
(71)Brisebois - (44)Hamrlik
(51)Bouillon - (32)Striet

G.jpg
(31)Price

Meetings This Year:

Oct. 6th, 2007:newlogo170.gif3 leafs70.gif4 (OT)

Nov. 3rd, 2007:leafs70.gif3 newlogo170.gif2

SundinMobile.jpg

Hammer44Leafs.jpg

Ryder73GoalLeafs.jpg

This game can be seen live at 7:30pm eastern on:
rds.gif& sportsnet-ontario.gif

Cjad.jpg
Listen to the game live at 7:30 pm on CJAD 800 AM

OR

ckac.jpg
Listen to the game live (In French) at 7:30 pm on CKAC 730 AM
Edited by Spider-Man NL

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Price gets the net.

Don't get me wrong Huet stood on his head the two last game he played but we need

a laff dominator.

Price is the kind of goalie that cut opponent legs by not letting rebounds and control the

puck around the net. With him in the net i am more confortable that we will keep the win,

i don't have such confidence on Huet, most team know that if pressure is put the puck will go in.

And Bégin on one leg is better that Grab but Grab is better than Latendresse playing hurt.

RDS.ca

says PRICE WILL START

:)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I love Huet and no doubt that he is our #1 this year, but I am really excited to see what Mr. Price can do at the ACC.

GO HABS GO

btw - anybody knows what the leafs D will look like without Pavel? How has McCabe looked since he came back from injury?

I'm indifferent, honestly, as to whether Price or Huet starts, but now that it's been revealed that Price got the start... go Price go!

Time to solve the Laffs.

His rebound control and puck handling ability will go a long way in controlling the forecheck.

Let's hope this is the day we look back at that got the Leaf Monkey off our back.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I love Huet and no doubt that he is our #1 this year, but I am really excited to see what Mr. Price can do at the ACC.

GO HABS GO

btw - anybody knows what the leafs D will look like without Pavel? How has McCabe looked since he came back from injury?

The same, big shot, no D. It is also huge because Kubina was playing his best hockey as a Leaf while McCabe was out.

Edited by Wamsley01

No way do we go 0-3 vs. the Laffs this game. Our boys will show up to play, and we'll win. Of course, they'll get some lucky bounces and we'll get some bad calls. 6-3 is my guess.

GO HABS GO!!!

If Price is worse off than Huet against the Leafs, I don't know what I'll do. Price could win 74 games a season, but if we lose to Toronto 8 times a year... I just can't handle it.

I can handle anything that does not lead to the Leafs winning the Cup.

Law of averages will begin to apply. If the Habs are better they will begin to win.

A week of must win games!

In the next 9 games the Canadiens will play divisional foes seven times, and other conference rivals twice. It doesn't sound that impressive over the course of an entire season, but keep in mind the Habs play only eight games against divisional teams from December 1st through to March 13th. That's a span of 46 games with only eight being against the Northeast Division.

November actually has eleven games versus divisional teams for the Habs, and to this point they only have a .500 record of 2-2-0 in those games. This is one of the most important runs of the season for the Canadiens, but it doesn't stop there, there is another set of games that mirror this one. From March 13th to April 5th the Canadiens have 11 games on the schedule to close out the season. Nine of those eleven games are once again against divisional rivals.

This is why a fast start is so important. The habs have themselves in great shape.

If they were to play .500 hockey from this point through the entire season (66 remaining games), the Canadiens would have 87 points and likely miss the playoffs by only 5 - 9 points. So add a few extra points by OTL or outright wins and we should be fine.

Of course we all want better then .500 from here. :D :ghg:

On other roster moves:

Steve Bégin is back from the charleyhorse than sidelined him vs. Ottawa, so forward Mikhail Grabovski and defenceman Josh Gorges will be healthy scratches tomorrow.

The habs have recalled Murray from the AHL. Murray has to clear waivers to be with the big club, if he gets claimed the Habs are on the hook for half of his $625,000 salary.

Maybe Murray requested this?

Edited by Habitforming

A week of must win games!

In the next 9 games the Canadiens will play divisional foes seven times, and other conference rivals twice. It doesn't sound that impressive over the course of an entire season, but keep in mind the Habs play only eight games against divisional teams from December 1st through to March 13th. That's a span of 46 games with only eight being against the Northeast Division.

November actually has eleven games versus divisional teams for the Habs, and to this point they only have a .500 record of 2-2-0 in those games. This is one of the most important runs of the season for the Canadiens, but it doesn't stop there, there is another set of games that mirror this one. From March 13th to April 5th the Canadiens have 11 games on the schedule to close out the season. Nine of those eleven games are once again against divisional rivals.

This is why a fast start is so important. The habs have themselves in great shape.

If they were to play .500 hockey from this point through the entire season (66 remaining games), the Canadiens would have 87 points and likely miss the playoffs by only 5 - 9 points. So add a few extra points by OTL or outright wins and we should be fine.

Of course we all want better then .500 from here. :D :ghg:

On other roster moves:

Steve Bégin is back from the charleyhorse than sidelined him vs. Ottawa, so forward Mikhail Grabovski and defenceman Josh Gorges will be healthy scratches tomorrow.

The habs have recalled Murray from the AHL. Murray has to clear waivers to be with the big club, if he gets claimed the Habs are on the hook for half of his $625,000 salary.

Maybe Murray requested this?

I got caught up last season in projecting out the season, if we play .500 we are in, we would have to play .375 to miss the playoffs. BOOM! We played .375 hockey.

This is an important month, but every game means something. The Sens, Pens and Canucks caught fire last year and beat everybody after ok starts. The Leafs looked dead and played .570 hockey after starting the season at about a .470 clip. Improbable as hell.

I know where you are coming from, these are huge games. But I will not catch myself looking ahead this year.

I got caught up last season in projecting out the season, if we play .500 we are in, we would have to play .375 to miss the playoffs. BOOM! We played .375 hockey.

This is an important month, but every game means something. The Sens, Pens and Canucks caught fire last year and beat everybody after ok starts. The Leafs looked dead and played .570 hockey after starting the season at about a .470 clip. Improbable as hell.

I know where you are coming from, these are huge games. But I will not catch myself looking ahead this year.

I wasn't trying to look ahead, just put emphasis on the two 9 game sets we have versus division rivals to show how important they are. Every point earned by the habs in these games are points lost to the team they are fighting for a playoff spot with. 4 point games and all