xbox NHL 2008 League

Captain_Stealth

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stealth and I just played for the Lag Cup. It was exciting... now I know what epilepsy is like.

I wondered what was up, I kept checking your game for updates while I was playing. I managed to play through an entire game while you guys were still in the 2nd period.

I wondered what was up, I kept checking your game for updates while I was playing. I managed to play through an entire game while you guys were still in the 2nd period.

in its way it was a very interesting game. I took an early lead, Stealth came back and took it to OT. I got a lucky goal (with the lag they were pretty much all lucky goals) to end it. It was a ton of fun, but I think next time I'd prefer no lag.

Edited by simonus

in its way it was a very interesting game. I took an early lead, Stealth came back and took it to OT. I got a lucky goal (with the lag they were pretty much all lucky goals) to end it. It was a ton of fun, but I think next time I'd prefer no lag.

Yeah, my game with Maca was really laggy so I know what the experience is like. Gave me a headache.

Yeah, my game with Maca was really laggy so I know what the experience is like. Gave me a headache.

Yeah that was awful. We'll have to have a non-lag match soon, lol. I'll make sure not to have a bunch of DLs going this time :P.

Yep, that was a great game Simon. May all our games in the future not lag like todays. ;)

Had some great games against Stealth the other day. First game I lost 3-0, then had a rematch and after winning 1-0 for most of the game, he came back and took a 2-1 lead with, erm... only a minute or so left in the game? (45 seconds?)

Then, I managed to tie it up with 4.5 on the clock, amazing. It went to an EXTENDED!!! shootout.

Had some great games against Stealth the other day. First game I lost 3-0, then had a rematch and after winning 1-0 for most of the game, he came back and took a 2-1 lead with, erm... only a minute or so left in the game? (45 seconds?)

Then, I managed to tie it up with 4.5 on the clock, amazing. It went to an EXTENDED!!! shootout.

sounds awesome!

Son of a bitch, another disconnect loss when I'm up 1-0, this time against Hannes. Apparently the cable/internet provider my friend uses thought doing maintenance in the middle of the day was a good idea. Of course it happens the first time I've had a chance to get over here this week.

First game, first loss - although the game only lasted a few minutes. *g*

Anyways, I'd have time for a revenge today as I'll be online again this evening.

Actually if you mean the game between you and Fanpuck that cut out, you get credited with the win since it was Fanpuck's connection that cut out.

Ugh, I am so tired of the connection at my friend's place. Another two disconnect losses tonight, both against CHF. This time my friend and his brother were both playing Warcraft, and the brother decided to also download crap while all that was going on. I'm 6-5 now, though only 1 of my losses was because I actually lost.

Ugh, I am so tired of the connection at my friend's place. Another two disconnect losses tonight, both against CHF. This time my friend and his brother were both playing Warcraft, and the brother decided to also download crap while all that was going on. I'm 6-5 now, though only 1 of my losses was because I actually lost.

ya you did ^_^

of course you came back and whooped me the next game.

PS - my xbox gold ran out and it might be a few days before I get out to buy a new subscription card, so people might not see me around for a bit.

Edited by simonus

I'm pissed.

Everytime I play a game online now it starts messing up and "rewinding" back to the last faceoff. Methinks there might be a scratch on my disc or something.

I can't even return it since I bought it from a friend who got it straight form EA. *dies*

Here's hoping it fixes itself. Anyone know any magic that might do the trick?

I'm pissed.

Everytime I play a game online now it starts messing up and "rewinding" back to the last faceoff. Methinks there might be a scratch on my disc or something.

I can't even return it since I bought it from a friend who got it straight form EA. *dies*

a little while ago I accidentally put a nasty scratch in my NHL 2008 disc (look back a few posts in this thread). I got one of them DiscDr scratch fixers (~$20 USD) and it worked perfectly and now the game runs great. I don't know if your problem is caused by scratching, but a DiscDr would probably fix it if it were.

BTW - I've let my Gold membership lapse as I go through my final exams. See you all again after the 13th of December.

I'm pissed.

That's exactly what happened when CHF and I were playing our third game, it kept going back to the faceoff after my first goal, then after going back to that faceoff half a dozen times, my connection finally died.

I don't know if your problem is caused by scratching, but a DiscDr would probably fix it if it were.

Where do I get this magical item? Future shop, Canadian Tire, Walmart, Toys R Us, The Bank, corner of Ste Catherine and St. Laurent?