A-Rod Close to a deal with the Yanks

markierung

I don't know, I was more worried about A-Rod going to the Angels. Him being back in New York doesn't bother me, they still won't accomplish anything. I really doubt Lowell wants to move to 1B too, he'll look for a team where he can play third. I'm still believing he'll suck it up and take the 3 year deal with Boston rather then the 4 year deal he wants too. :unsure:

Yeah it probably doesn't worry you because you've already proven your a better team than the Yankees. If we go in with the same roster (indications are that we will), then how do we expect to suddenly be a better team than them?

Although i do believe that Glaus, and especially Wells, will have much better seasons than last year so that alone might help...

oh and I'd love to see some team overpay for Lowell. Don't get me wrong, he's good for the Sox to have and they can obviously pay him what he's worth for the numbers he gave them, but man he wouldnt be near the player he is if he wasn't at fenway. Just looking at his spray chart it was obvious that Fenway provided a major boost for his numbers, and yankee stadium would not accomadate him at all.

It's the Yankees, they'll still try to do that. I've heard they are ready to offer Mike Lowell big money to play 1B. If they have money for him, they have money for pitching. Thing is, the FA pitching this year is awful. I mean, only one SP available had an ERA under 4.00, and he only pitched two games! (John Thompson)

In the Gazette, it said that Lowell was being offered a 4-year deal paying him 60 million dollars a season. I assume that's a mistake and they mean 60 million in total, averaging out to 15 a year? Otherwise, that's just insane.