Perezoghin...

hupette gros

Where the hell is he when we need him. I really don't like the way Carbonneau misused some players last year (i.e. Perez, kovalez, and yes, Samsonov). If Perez wouldn't have been pissed by the coach, he might have stayed around. He would be the perfect fit to replace ryder on the first line.

Where is he now? How is he doing? Do the habs still pocess any rights on him?

He could add some punch to the smolinski and Latendresse line...and eventually i could see a s. kost - grabs - perez line!

He's playing for Ufa Salavat Yulayev, where he has 6 goals and 8 assists in 18 games. I doubt he'll be back this year, and if he did return, I'd like to see him on the first line with Koivu and Higgins.

I really wish he had stayed too, but c'est la vie! I believe he signed a two year contract in russia, but we still own his rights in the NHL. Hopefully his stint in russia makes him better and he comes back better, and he and Carbo learn to get along. I think he was very patient, but Carbo didnt' trust him and so didn't give him many chances. He took way too many hooking penalties, yes, but I've seen carbo be much more patient with other players I didn't think worked nearly as hard or deserved the patience, and he was a plus 10 (our highest Plus minus last year!) on a team riddled with minuses...

Who said we need him ? he is another forward shooting from the left side, taking bad penalties,

score, doesn't win battles along the board, cannot finish plays, doesn't drive the net.

His asset was speed, Grabovski is faster and Grabovski can play both wings and center, wich could be usefull

if injuries come this way.

I think he has more scoring potential than you have given him credit for.

But I don't want to cry over spilt milk. He is gone now, and the most I can hope for

is he shows so well in Russia that the Habs can deal his rights for something.

You have to wonder if that facial he gave in the AHL impacted his career in anyway.

I have no problems with the fact that Perez is no longer here. He is now playing in a much weaker league, and can't even get 1 point per game. He's just another one of those smallish players with speed, who's afraid to go in the corners and won'T park his butt in front of the net. The habs have PLENTY of these players, we don't need him!

Hupette gros., in case you were wondering, Samsonov is not even playing in Chicago. The guy is finished. If you'Re gonna blame that on carbo, then i'd say you don't really know much about hockey. If Samsonov couldn't play here, and can't play in chicago(he's been benched for the past 2 weeks) i thikn that says alot about his character and the type of player he is!

Where the hell is he when we need him. I really don't like the way Carbonneau misused some players last year (i.e. Perez, kovalez, and yes, Samsonov). If Perez wouldn't have been pissed by the coach, he might have stayed around. He would be the perfect fit to replace ryder on the first line.

Where is he now? How is he doing? Do the habs still pocess any rights on him?

He could add some punch to the smolinski and Latendresse line...and eventually i could see a s. kost - grabs - perez line!

JEEZ the team plays well wins games and someone can always find something to complain about. There is no evidence that I have seen that perez left last year because of carbo, all rumours. He really screwed up Samsonov cause he can't play for chicago and savard (savard probably hates cause he's not french). He screwed up kovalev so bad that he is playing the best hockey of his career. Yeah i'd fire carbo cause some russian hockey player went home for more money. Yep makes sence to me :wacko:

Perezhogin's career accomplishments seem to mirror those of a goon rather than a talented player. He's best known for ending Keith Primeau's career with an elbow, and whacking Garett Stafford.

That's a bit unfair. The Primeau incident was clearly accidental contact, but you're right... those are his claims to fame.

Perezhogin seems to me a player that will take a while to develop fully, and his stint in Russia should help his progress. My hope is that he will return in the next few years, a la Alex Semin, and tear it up.

I am not sure if you think I was complaining but I was not.

He chose to mov on and why not with the money he was offered and a chance to be closer to home.

Perezhogin did not elbow Primeau it was a shoulder and a very clean hit that he did not even intend to be harmful.

Also Perezhogin did mesh well with the team he was great with Bonk and Johnson last year and incredible with Kovalev and Koivu the year before.

He was a good player for us because he fit in well on the third line yet was a good option for the first line at the same time. He'd be an upgrade on a couple of guys in our line-up, namely Grabovski (they were both initially supposed to play the same game).

Who said we need him ? he is another forward shooting from the left side, taking bad penalties,

score, doesn't win battles along the board, cannot finish plays, doesn't drive the net.

His asset was speed, Grabovski is faster and Grabovski can play both wings and center, wich could be usefull

if injuries come this way.

he was bigger than grabovski. A LOT bigger

LMAO!

I was talking to another HW regular the other day and he mentioned all the bitching posters were doing here about a team doing as well as they are. My response was "soon they will bring up Perezhogin, and how he would have 15 goals already in Ryder's spot."

I love it!

That's a bit unfair. The Primeau incident was clearly accidental contact, but you're right... those are his claims to fame.

Perezhogin seems to me a player that will take a while to develop fully, and his stint in Russia should help his progress. My hope is that he will return in the next few years, a la Alex Semin, and tear it up.

That's my hope too.

and HabitForming, I'm not trying to complain... I'm happy, really happy, that the team is doing as well as it is, but all through last year and the year before, I asked on this board why Perogie suddenly didn't get chances. He started his rookie season on the top line with Kovy and Koivu, and the three played fantastic together. when the team started losing, that line was broken up, not because they weren't producing offensively, but because no other lines were and the coach (Julien at the time) wanted to try other combinations to get the other three lines going. For whatever reason, Julien didn't like Perogie. I remember a report of him (Julien) blowing up at Perogie at practice and then Perogie being sent down to hamilton shortly after. Not sure what happened, but the guess at the time was that Perogie, due to language issues maybe, was not doing stuff in practice, or not understanding instructions, or whatever. After Julien was fired and Gainey took over, the top line was by then Higgins Koivu Ryder, and he played on either the third or fourth line. He was basically never given a prolonged shot on a scoring line again, that year or the next year, despite having a GREAT start with a lot of points when he was put in that position in the first few games of his NHL career. It wasn't jsut fans who thought he was great. I remember Koivu saying something to the effect of "He's really good. if he's not great yet, then we'll make him great" about 10 games into his rookie season.

so does he have flaws? Yes. but did he deserve another shot on offense on a team that needs lots of it and has precious little? Yes as well... and it's not that often that a player like Koivu gives such a glowing review of a rookie....Jusst thought I'd refresh everyone's memory for why some of us wonder why he didn't get more of a chance

That's my hope too.

and HabitForming, I'm not trying to complain... I'm happy, really happy, that the team is doing as well as it is, but all through last year and the year before, I asked on this board why Perogie suddenly didn't get chances. He started his rookie season on the top line with Kovy and Koivu, and the three played fantastic together. when the team started losing, that line was broken up, not because they weren't producing offensively, but because no other lines were and the coach (Julien at the time) wanted to try other combinations to get the other three lines going. For whatever reason, Julien didn't like Perogie. I remember a report of him (Julien) blowing up at Perogie at practice and then Perogie being sent down to hamilton shortly after. Not sure what happened, but the guess at the time was that Perogie, due to language issues maybe, was not doing stuff in practice, or not understanding instructions, or whatever. After Julien was fired and Gainey took over, the top line was by then Higgins Koivu Ryder, and he played on either the third or fourth line. He was basically never given a prolonged shot on a scoring line again, that year or the next year, despite having a GREAT start with a lot of points when he was put in that position in the first few games of his NHL career. It wasn't jsut fans who thought he was great. I remember Koivu saying something to the effect of "He's really good. if he's not great yet, then we'll make him great" about 10 games into his rookie season.

so does he have flaws? Yes. but did he deserve another shot on offense on a team that needs lots of it and has precious little? Yes as well... and it's not that often that a player like Koivu gives such a glowing review of a rookie....Jusst thought I'd refresh everyone's memory for why some of us wonder why he didn't get more of a chance

Very well stated. I also hope he will be back, as i saw him with buckets of potential that never really got a chance.

I have no problems with the fact that Perez is no longer here. He is now playing in a much weaker league, and can't even get 1 point per game. He's just another one of those smallish players with speed, who's afraid to go in the corners and won'T park his butt in front of the net. The habs have PLENTY of these players, we don't need him!

Hupette gros., in case you were wondering, Samsonov is not even playing in Chicago. The guy is finished. If you'Re gonna blame that on carbo, then i'd say you don't really know much about hockey. If Samsonov couldn't play here, and can't play in chicago(he's been benched for the past 2 weeks) i thikn that says alot about his character and the type of player he is!

well, how about Carbo ruining a guy's self esteem? Samsonov's confidence has been mashed & destroyed, and he hasn't got it back. Do you think that Samsonov was playing worst hockey last year than Ryder these days? Samsonov created much more things on the ice in a single game than what Ryder has been doing for the last month. Why all the patience with Ryder and the pression on Samsonov, who had just arrived in town and playing with a guy in a bad streak (Kovalev) and a guy stressed as hell (Plekanec) ????????????????????????? Read it here: Carboneau destroyed Samsonov's carreer in the NHL. But you learn from your mistakes. So it's a good thing he learned patience and I like the way he deals with Ryder and Latendresse this year.

well, how about Carbo ruining a guy's self esteem? Samsonov's confidence has been mashed & destroyed, and he hasn't got it back. Do you think that Samsonov was playing worst hockey last year than Ryder these days? Samsonov created much more things on the ice in a single game than what Ryder has been doing for the last month. Why all the patience with Ryder and the pression on Samsonov, who had just arrived in town and playing with a guy in a bad streak (Kovalev) and a guy stressed as hell (Plekanec) ????????????????????????? Read it here: Carboneau destroyed Samsonov's carreer in the NHL. But you learn from your mistakes. So it's a good thing he learned patience and I like the way he deals with Ryder and Latendresse this year.

Carbo is to blame for Sammy's poor play in Chicago? Read it here: COMPLETE JOKE! Sammy has nobody to blame but himself. He has a problem following direction. He's un-coachable. Ask any Bruin fan from his days in Boston what a hot and cold unreliable suck he is." Carbo ruined his self esteem ?" Don't make me laugh.

Who do you blame for the growth of other players? Komi, Pleks, Higgins, Streit, Huet, etc....... Same coach as last year from where I'm standing. Carbo was patient as balls with Latendresse LAST year AND this year. It's not working for him. Do you blame Carbo or Latendresse?

Carbo should be sitting Ryder in the pressbox right now. The guy threatens arbitration every frickkin year because he thinks he deserves 5 million a year. Well, where is that confident 30 goal man now? Carbo would have him sitting in the bleachers it's just that he has nobody to replace him with.

Perezhogin was/is an interesting player with some talent. But there has long been a tendency on this board to overrate players' potential. (Remember how Bulis was 'poised to breakout' in the post-lockout era because he ripped it up in Europe? Or how Garon was the second coming?) Zhogs did everything he was asked and played a strong two-way game, but I think the Habs have enough success stories to suggest that they know what they're doing, as an organization, when it comes to assessing and developing talent. Obviously they felt that he wasn't a sure bet as a top-6 forward. And frankly, apart from that first 10 games with Koivu/Kovalev way beck when, he's never looked like one. Two in the bush is NOT always better than the bird in the hand.

Perezhogin = Marcel Hossa just not good enough, I hope Grabovsky and Kostitsyn wont follow the same path and wont develope anymore.

I agree fully, and if he had stuck around would not have made the team and we would have lost him on waivers. As it is we still have his rights. Don't think we would and he'd be on the Dogs, he would have been scooped, or, if he had taken Grabs spot you would all complain that Grabs should be there and P-hoggin would be taking a beating on here. Man, I came home from a road trip to Montreal, saw this thread and thought we were getting an update on him, also wondered, Why isn't that in prospects thread? As that would be at most what I consider him now, and that is a very outside prospect at best.

as a post note, I really regret doing Thusday in Montreal, flying home Friday and not being able to stay up for game Saturday. Just too much on the go at home.

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

I am not sure if you think I was complaining but I was not.

He chose to mov on and why not with the money he was offered and a chance to be closer to home.

Perezhogin did not elbow Primeau it was a shoulder and a very clean hit that he did not even intend to be harmful.

Also Perezhogin did mesh well with the team he was great with Bonk and Johnson last year and incredible with Kovalev and Koivu the year before.

I wouldn't even try to presume what Perezhogin was thinking, and I was not suggesting he did it intentionally. I was just pointing out that in terms of his North American pro hockey career, those are the two most notable things he did.