Montreal Road Trip

Wamsley01

I am heading on my annual road trip to Montreal for the Preds game on December 1st.

Any recommendations on what I can do to keep myself occupied at night?

Good Breakfast place?

I have hit Winnys, Thursdays, Cheers over the years. All good fun. But I need a change.

Any help would be appreciated. No cougar bars please :)

I am heading on my annual road trip to Montreal for the Preds game on December 1st.

Any recommendations on what I can do to keep myself occupied at night?

Good Breakfast place?

I have hit Winnys, Thursdays, Cheers over the years. All good fun. But I need a change.

Any help would be appreciated. No cougar bars please :)

Depends on what you are looking for? Personnaly, i prefer St-Laurent blvd. to Crescent street. Crescent is a tourist trap and a popular hang-out for teeny-boppers from the West-Island.

I usually go to the peel Pub before a hockey gqame at the bell Centre, but be careful, the Peel pub has moved from its original location(Corenr of Peel and Ste-Catherine) It is now located a bit further south on Peel street(just in front of Dorchester Square)

AS far as good spots to hang out at night. I recommend:

- Le Rouge (Corner of St-Laurent Blvd. and Prince-Arthur) 2 floors of good music, and a great crowd. Show up before 10:30PM or else you'll never get in...unless you are accompanied by at least 1 girl for every guy in the group.

- Radio Lounge (Corner of St-Laurent Blvd. and Prince-Arthur) LOUD MUSIC, VERY LOUD music, but still very cool.

- Casa Del Popolo (4873 St-Laurent) A bit more relax, a bit small but very intimate. Great live shows!

- Bily Kün (354 Mont-Royal east) The décor is thoroughly unique; it's sort of a "Prague café" theme accentuated by ostrich heads poking out of the walls. Excellent music (DJs every night). Youngish professionals enjoy very reasonably priced microbrews and it's usually packed. The name is pronounced "Billy Coon."

- Edgar Hypertaverne (1562 Mont-Royal east) Legendary little club and tavern on Mont Royal. I like it for its old style authenticity: music runs from house and techno some nights; to retro and pop on others, and the regulars are always committed to having a good time. Staff pour strong top-shelf drinks. Cool without being cliquey.

- Gogo Lounge (3682 St-Laurent Blvd.) Groovy as in Austin Powers groovy. Done up in great psychedelic colours and kitschy cool furniture like colourful red ice cream scoop chairs and the cocktails have cool names like Pussycat, Kryptonite and Captain America. There are at least 25 Martini specials to choose from so your toot will never run dry, and the music runs the retro range from 70s funk to 80s new wave.

- Tokyo (3709 St-Laurent Blvd.)Small, classy club bar and terrace, recently renovated, in the happening St Laurent district. Predictably, it's packed with the beautiful people, but there's more than enough space to get Lost in Translation. It's got two main rooms, one a club space that features live-bands and DJs, the other a funky lounge-like saloon. There are also two terraces, including a roof-top spot overlooking the street. Music runs from hip- hop to house to disco and thankfully the crowd don't take themselves too seriously. Martinis are the name of the game and they claim to have served one million of them. I'm in no position to contest the claim but judging by the four-deep crowds at the various bars, they may be right.

...and my personal favorite

- Jello Bar (151 Ontario east)Fact meets fantasy in this famed Montreal martini house, ranked three in the world and climbing. Décor is colourful 80s kitsch, be it the retro bar, the louche lounge or the laid-back pool area. Bar staff are slick and stylish and big with their measures, mixing over 50 martinis from cherry to chocolate. Star turns include Nic Cage and Bruce Willis but who cares when there's a Bond girl dancing in your martini glass?

These are 8 of my favorite spots. hope this helps!

Edited by Habsfan

Depends on what you are looking for? Personnaly, i prefer St-Laurent blvd. to Crescent street. Crescent is a tourist trap and a popular hang-out for teeny-boppers from the West-Island.

I usually go to the peel Pub before a hockey gqame at the bell Centre, but be careful, the Peel pub has moved from its original location(Corenr of Peel and Ste-Catherine) It is now located a bit further south on Peel street(just in front of Dorchester Square)

AS far as good spots to hang out at night. I recommend:

- Le Rouge (Corner of St-Laurent Blvd. and Prince-Arthur) 2 floors of good music, and a great crowd. Show up before 10:30PM or else you'll never get in...unless you are accompanied by at least 1 girl for every guy in the group.

- Radio Lounge (Corner of St-Laurent Blvd. and Prince-Arthur) LOUD MUSIC, VERY LOUD music, but still very cool.

- Casa Del Popolo (4873 St-Laurent) A bit more relax, a bit small but very intimate. Great live shows!

- Bily Kün (354 Mont-Royal east) The décor is thoroughly unique; it's sort of a "Prague café" theme accentuated by ostrich heads poking out of the walls. Excellent music (DJs every night). Youngish journalists and other left-of-centre professionals enjoy very reasonably priced microbrews and it's usually packed. The name is pronounced "Billy Coon."

- Edgar Hypertaverne (1562 Mont-Royal east) Legendary little club and tavern on Mont Royal. I like it for its old style authenticity: music runs from house and techno some nights; to retro and pop on others, and the regulars are always committed to having a good time. Staff pour strong top-shelf drinks. Cool without being cliquey.

- Gogo Lounge (3682 St-Laurent Blvd.) Groovy as in Austin Powers groovy. Done up in great psychedelic colours and kitschy cool furniture like colourful red ice cream scoop chairs and the cocktails have cool names like Pussycat, Kryptonite and Captain America. There are at least 25 Martini specials to choose from so your toot will never run dry, and the music runs the retro range from 70s funk to 80s new wave.

- Tokyo (3709 St-Laurent Blvd.)Small, classy club bar and terrace, recently renovated, in the happening St Laurent district. Predictably, it's packed with the beautiful people, but there's more than enough space to get Lost in Translation. It's got two main rooms, one a club space that features live-bands and DJs, the other a funky lounge-like saloon. There are also two terraces, including a roof-top spot overlooking the street. Music runs from hip- hop to house to disco and thankfully the crowd don't take themselves too seriously. Martinis are the name of the game and they claim to have served one million of them. We're in no position to contest the claim but judging by the four-deep crowds at the various bars, they may be right.

...and my personal favorite

- Jello Bar (151 Ontario east)Fact meets fantasy in this famed Montreal martini house, ranked three in the world and climbing. Décor is colourful 80s kitsch, be it the retro bar, the louche lounge or the laid-back pool area. Bar staff are slick and stylish and big with their measures, mixing over 50 martinis from cherry to chocolate. Star turns include Nic Cage and Bruce Willis but who cares when there's a Bond girl dancing in your martini glass?

These are 8 of my favorite spots. hope this helps!

Thanks alot :)

I will be in the rafters as well.

Want to meet for a beer before the game?

Sure, Maybe we can meet at le cage aux sports. send me a message and I will give you my email.

i'll be there too throwing eggs at you guys form the nose bleeds :ninja:

I've got club seats :)

I will be in the rafters as well.

Want to meet for a beer before the game?

I work the graveyard shift the night before but I'll try to be up early enough to meet.

beer always make a good breakfast !!

Sure, Maybe we can meet at le cage aux sports. send me a message and I will give you my email.

I've got club seats :)

I work the graveyard shift the night before but I'll try to be up early enough to meet.

beer always make a good breakfast !!

I will pm you but I work until 3 then im leaving for Montreal I may not get there until 6pm.

I am not sure if I will work on Sunday if not I will spend the night.

Even though i don'T have tickets, i might be interested in meeting you guys at the Cage aux Sports before the game(or maybe after the game). That's is anyone is interested!