Ilya Bryzgalov On Waivers

jetsniper

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=222992&hubname=

I'm astounded. He hasn't played poorly and is still worth something on the trade market, you just need to look at Vesa Toskala. I'll be amazed if he doesn't get picked up. I'm guessing Burke just wants to clear some cap room for another trade he has brewing? Or maybe this has something to do with Niedermayer/Selanne.

http://ducks.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pag...rticleid=343488

Basically, Burke said he promised to move him to a team where he could start, but his impending UFA status discouraged anyone from making an offer of much significance. Also, they're apparently really high on the kid they're bringing up, Jonas Hiller.

Bryz will be a great pickup for someone.

It wouldn't be extremely far-fetched for the Avalanche to think about putting in a claim on him.

Of course, Bedaj and Theodore have been decent, so it's unlikely, but Bryz could step in and be a serious #1 contender.

The Avalanche have juggled 3 goalies before. Budaj, Theo, and Kolesnik.

Of course, they also just acquired Bacashihua.

Unlikely, but I can speculate.

I don't think a team like Colorado or Toronto will make a claim because they already have atleast one high-priced goalie and then a second goalie who's good enough to start. Bryzgalov would be claimed by a team with a cheap goalie tandem. I could see Pittsburgh claiming him but that would be a big insult to Sabourin who's been playing very well for them - the team still considers Fleury their starter though. My guess will be... Phoenix.

Teams I think he might go to - Phoenix or Los Angeles.

The Penguins/Lightning seem like obvious destinations but both teams may not want to ditch their current #1's and #2's..Still it would make sense for Tampa to save money by claiming him and shipping Denis to the AHL.

I can't beleive that Burke couldn't even get a draft pick for this guy. Any Draft pick, not even a 7th rounder?!!! It's a weird move

he did receive some offers but apparently judged them that bad.

this does not bode well for any trade huet scenario.

I always thought that huet would only be traded at the deadline when the market is up for that kind of player and if montreal was in a position for such a move; like price being number one goalie or montreal being totally out of the race.

for the first time in a while the coyotes show that they want to be competitive in this league !!

good for them and nice way to start for bryzgalov !!