Game Thread | Ottawa vs. Habs | 11/19/07

Spider-Man NL

plantebanner100.gifharveybanner100.gifbeliveaubanner100.gifgeoffrionbanner100.gifmorenzbanner100.gifmrichardbanner100.gif
lafleurbanner100.gifcournoyerbanner100.gifmoorebanner100.gifhrichardbanner100.gifsavardbanner100.gifdrydenbanner100.gif

senswaterbig.gifvrsred.gifmontrealwater.gif

2007-08 Regular Season Record:

senswatersmall1.gif
15-3-0 : 30 Points
(1st Place in the Eastern Conference)

montrealwatersmall.gif
11-5-3 : 25 Points
(4th Place in the Eastern Conference)

Projected goalies for this game are:

Senators

2514.gif
# 1 Ray Emery
Wins: 2
Loses: 1
OTL: 0
GAA: 3.00
Save%: .895

Canadiens

2311.gif
# 39 Cristobal Huet
Wins: 6
Loses: 4
OTL: 2
GAA: 2.23
Save%: .925

Senators Player Stats
Link

Canadiens Player Stats
Link

LW.jpgHabs_spin.gifrw.jpg

(21)Higgins - (11)Koivu - (73)Ryder
(46)Kostitsyn - (14)Plekanec - (27)Kovalev
(22)Begin - (20)Smolinski - (6)Kostopoulos
(84)Latendresse - (28)Chipchura - (25)Dandenault

d.jpg

(79)Markov - (8)Komisarek
(71)Brisebois - (44)Hamrlik
(51)Bouillon - (32)Streit

G.jpg
(39)Huet

Meetings This Year:

Oct. 18th, 2007:montrealwatersmall.gif3 senswatersmall1.gif4

Nov. 11th, 2007:montrealwatersmall.gif1 senswatersmall1.gif3

LarryRobinson19.jpg

LarryRobinson19b.jpg

Higgins21Ott.jpg

This game can be seen live at 6:30pm eastern on:
rds.gif& SNETE.gif

Cjad.jpg
Listen to the game live at 6:30 pm on CJAD 800 AM

OR

ckac.jpg
Listen to the game live (In French) at 6:30 pm on CKAC 730 AM
Edited by sakiqc
centered

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sens will be looking for redemption after losing to the Leafs, so we'll have to be playing our best to beat the Sens.

GO HABS GO!!!

Good for Mr. Robinson. And, as the story on HW main page points out, long overdue.

I love the pic on that page as well. The sight of Savard AND Robinson manning the blueline on the same shift - that's a reminder of just how incredible that 1970s dynasty was. It's akin to having Lidstrom AND Niedermeyer as your top duo. (And then you'd have, say, Pronger as your 3rd defenceman :lol: )

This is a big game for us as we can pull within 3 points of Ottawa (we could also tie the Wings and move into 2nd in the NHL).

The ceremony for Robinson should be great, he deserves this as much as anyone.

If we can learn how to beat the sens we actually have a good chance of going to the finals this year.

It's still very early to say this.

great job spidey as always. You are very much under appreciated. It is about time we retired #19, I remember seeing him play when he first came up and I must admit I did not think he belonged on the team he looked awkward and lacked any concept of defence but that soon changed and he became the legend that he is, a simply amazing player. we could use him now. We need to play our game and use speed and solid defensive play to beat these batards. :ghg:

Robinson IS long overdue (not that I ever saw him play, but heard A LOT about the legend).

I don't know whether we have a realistic chance of winning this one, what with Ottawa out to redeam themselves after being shut out by TO. All I ask is a solid effort and no weak goals let in by the netminder. Any official comment on whether it'll be Huet or Price yet?

Also, looking at our 3rd and 4th lines, I gotta say, I like our 4th line as our third more and more. Chipper is playing EXCELLENT hockey (I'm gonna have to add him to my Fav habs list soon... it's getting long) and Lats is showing signs of life with him, while Dandy has been playing excellent at forward all season and really using his speed to his advantage...

I think the Habs will win this one. They have played the Sens hard all season and I think it will pay off tomorrow night. The Habs will get last change and have home ice advantage.

I just read Montreal has won 5 of the last 7 against Ottawa at home as well, so hopefully some of that success can carry over to tomorrow night.

GO HABS GO.

Speaking of Robinson, whatever you do, do NOT miss this:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKd4HJNSbQg

Mike Komisarek should study this hit. He should medidate upon it, like a monk upon the paradoxes of a Zen master. Quite possibly the Greatest Hit in Canadiens History :clap:

I got the link from this excellent article:

http://www.canada.com/montrealgazette/news...ce-9aa91a5969e2

I love Dornhofer's remark that he was 'spitting up blood for days after' :lol: AND that he didn't bother to get it checked out. Now that's hockey, dammit

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Great Thread just like always Spidey.........

I hope that we can pull this off tonight I gave up my shift at work to watch the game ...Go Higgins go...Go Habs Go.

I sense Higgins having a big game, he was everywhere on Saturday, just could find the twine.

Great Thread just like always Spidey.........

I hope that we can pull this off tonight I gave up my shift at work to watch the game ...Go Higgins go...Go Habs Go.

I sense Higgins having a big game, he was everywhere on Saturday, just could find the twine.

that's if he plays... boone says they don't know the severity of his leg injury... enough already for this poor guy!

TONIGHT'S LINEUP:

Koivu-Higgins-Ryder

Plekanec-Kostitsyn-Kovalev

Chipchura-Latendresse-Smolinski

Grabovski-Bégin-Dandenault

Kostopoulos received a one-game suspension for being the instigator of a fight in the last five minutes of saturday's game.

Higgins has an ankle injury but plays anyway.

Source: RDS

TONIGHT'S LINEUP:

Koivu-Higgins-Ryder

Plekanec-Kostitsyn-Kovalev

Chipchura-Latendresse-Smolinski

Grabovski-Bégin-Dandenault

Kostopoulos received a one-game suspension for being the instigator of a fight in the last five minutes of saturday's game.

Higgins has an ankle injury but plays anyway.

Source: RDS

is it safe to assume that its pekanec and chipchura who are centering those lines instead of lats and kosty? :P