Game Thread | Ottawa vs. Habs | 11/19/07

Spider-Man NL

TONIGHT'S LINEUP:

Koivu-Higgins-Ryder

Plekanec-Kostitsyn-Kovalev

Chipchura-Latendresse-Smolinski

Grabovski-Bégin-Dandenault

Kostopoulos received a one-game suspension for being the instigator of a fight in the last five minutes of saturday's game.

Higgins has an ankle injury but plays anyway.

Source: RDS

I'm liking Chipper with Lats... they did great on Saturday. Lats really benefits from chipper's playmaking. Glad Higgy's playing, hope that's a sign that the injury's not too serious, and it doesn't turn out that it was bad and playing makes it worse... this guy deserves to break out already with how hard he works!

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying this to brag but I'll be at the game tonite with a friend of mine.I feel fortunate because I'm old enough to remeber his later days. I'm not sure but I believe my sister was good friends with his daughter.

anyhow I'll be sure to take many picture. even if i'm far I'm sure some will come out fine and I'll post them asap.

I hope that montreal wins but it'll be secondary tonight.

It s one of those night I'll be telling my kids over and over and over...

I really hope the boys can come up with the W on Larry's night.

Besides his stellar defense and big hits, I'll always remember Robinson for his offence. For a big man, he was a very good skater and puckhandler, and would pick his moments to rush up the ice. He was a weapon on both sides of the rink, to be sure.

I'm not saying this to brag but I'll be at the game tonite with a friend of mine.I feel fortunate because I'm old enough to remeber his later days. I'm not sure but I believe my sister was good friends with his daughter.

anyhow I'll be sure to take many picture. even if i'm far I'm sure some will come out fine and I'll post them asap.

I hope that montreal wins but it'll be secondary tonight.

It s one of those night I'll be telling my kids over and over and over...

Have some fun tonight..

Although it sure is nice to see my Habs in the 2nd position, i don't think they should be ranked higher than the Red Wings!

As far as tonight's game is concerned, i just hope that the hour long ceremony won't affect the performance of the boys tonight! We've played Ottawa twice this year, and both times we came within a few minutes of winning or going to overtime. It would be nice to finally win a game vs the Hens, but seeing as the hens lost on saturday, I expect them to come out strong against the Habs tonight! They will not want to lose two games in row!

the conspiracist in me says that they are giving the Habs a high ranking in order to give them a precipitous drop later. I don't think they are the number two team in the league... I like them as a top five team. I will say that I watched the Wings play the Blues and the Hawks and they did not look like world beaters. After #1 and #2, I think there are a bunch of teams that could lay claim to the next 3-4 spots (in any order).

so they are putting Grabovski in at Centre? Interesting.

With Smolinski poor play and his leg injury, he simply cannot centre a line.

Grabovski deserves a chance, it will be a safe chance for him with Bégin and Dandenault.

Time to have a call up when players play injured, it affects the time and they could hurt even more.

By the way who is injured or covers injury.

Smolinski = leg

Higgins = ankle

Bouillon = shoulder

Breezer= ??back

Latendresse= ??back-groin

And the next time we play in NYI, let's skip the locker room, player dress and take their shower at the hotel.

Remember the sewage flood and the VIRUS that killed us last season.

Yep, when your team only scores 1 goal, you can't really blame the goalie. Maybe Emory will be rusty again and the habs can score some goals.

They should come out steaming after the last game. A good team building game after the egg on Friday.

Yu dont think Price gives them the better chance to win though.

I think he does more things than Huet. His rebound control, he does not give up big rebounds and when he does it is usually by choice so he can direct it to the boards or to a defenceman. Even though he has had some miscommunications his puck handling is a huge upgrade over Huet. I have also heard others state that he was average on Saturday night, but 3 of those goals were unstoppable. He blew the 1st Murray goal, but that was about it.

Personally, I prefer him in net. But they have 2 starting goalies and that is a good thing.

Yu dont think Price gives them the better chance to win though.

I think right now the difference between Price and Huet is sufficiently small that I'm not going to argue with Carbo over who to start in any one game.

Not only is Robinson around. But so are the rest of the Legends. The team will have a post game get together I hope. I am happy that the Legends and our players are in this atmosphere. Maybe Henri Richard has a quick chat with Chipchura. Dickie talks to Grabs. Savard, Road Runner and Monsieur Dryden have a conversation with some of our D's. Maybe Béliveau talks to Saku, Higgins and Ryder. Gainey and The Flower make their rounds. I'm not sure to what capacity this actually happens but it's clear the Legends are close to the team in some way. :clap:

OTTAWA HAS THEIR HANDS FULL! :) ...

...and so do we :(

Use it. Play hard - WIN!