Kostopoulos Suspended One Game

nhfarber

Looks like Grabovski may finally get a chance in the lineup. Pretty garbage if you ask me that Kosto gets dinged here, all he was doing was sticking up to Stuart for going after a skilled player in a fight.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=223226&hubname=

thats BS if you ask me. I didnt see any cheap shots. if anyone deserved a game suspension its chara for the hit on kovy!!

thats BS if you ask me. I didnt see any cheap shots. if anyone deserved a game suspension its chara for the hit on kovy!!

Yeah Chara deserved one game.

But Kosto too, the rules are pretty clear on instigating a fight in the las t 5 mins.

Boston doesn't play until tomorrow, Montreal plays tonight. They still have time to review and discipline any Bruins for the other night's shennanegins.

I don't know how they determine these instigator suspensions. Carbo got off without a fine. Sometimes both the player and coach get suspended. Sometimes neither. I guess sometimes one does and not the other. Weird.

Not too concerned about 1 game. Grabovski does need to get into the lineup anyways. Wonder if he'll play RW or if they'll move someone else over.

Edited by saskhab

Not too concerned about 1 game. Grabovski does need to get into the lineup anyways. Wonder if he'll play RW or if they'll move someone else over.

well, there is the possible issue of a Higgins injury, which may open a spot for him at LW. I think I'd rather see Lats there, but who knows.

I don't know how they determine these instigator suspensions. Carbo got off without a fine. Sometimes both the player and coach get suspended. Sometimes neither. I guess sometimes one does and not the other. Weird.

Coach only gets a suspension if the player jumps someone for no real reason, making it appear the player was told to pick a fight. Kosto was sticking up for a teammate, so it was unlikely Carbo had told him to jump someone or something.

Higgins is fine and will play.

So far nothing handed down to the Bruins yet?

Some "Leader" Chara is, he should be suspended for intent to injure and have his C stripped by the team.

yea, unless your name is Chris Pronger.

Any word if Carboneau will be fined $10,000. I heard a commentator say that the coach gets an automatic $10,000. fine if one of his player receives an instigator penalty in the last five minutes of the game.

Any word if Carboneau will be fined $10,000. I heard a commentator say that the coach gets an automatic $10,000. fine if one of his player receives an instigator penalty in the last five minutes of the game.

It doesnT' really matter! The team will pay for it if Carbo ever gets the fine!

The instigator rules are so stupid. So basically you can cheap shot, take do whatever you want for 55 minutes but the last 5 you can't do anything. I heard an interview that teams and players are wanting to get rid of these stupid rules. If the NHL was smart they would quitely remove all those rules for instigating. Othgerwise the PC police might get hem.

IMO whats BS is Kostitsyn & Latendresse getting fighting penalties for being viciously attacked in a unprovoked manner.

How is it that a player can just punch another players lights out and they both get a penalty? Its not like Kostitsyn or Latendresse were willing or even active combatants in either of those fights.

With rules like that no clue why some Habs fans dont think we need a fighter. But I guess Kostopoulos will do. Apparently all he needs to do is grab the top player on the other team and start throwing punches and they'll be without their top player for 5 mins. :rolleyes:

IMO whats BS is Kostitsyn & Latendresse getting fighting penalties for being viciously attacked in a unprovoked manner.

Latendresse didn't get a fighting penalty.

That's the rule, as stupid as it is. It penalizes teams for sticking up for team mates. They need to change the rule or go after someone with 5:01 left.

It's the Todd Bertuzzi rule. It's designed to prevent teams from sending out goons to attack players in games that have already been decided on the score board.

BS .. why am I not surprised at this. :wacko:

Chara deserved a susprnsion for his fighting of Lattendresee even though Lats didnt eve have his gloves off.

That is a BS suspension to Kostopulos and a BS fine to Carbs.

The rules are the rules. If you instigate a fight in the last five minutes, you get suspended for a game. Also, Carbo was not fined.

Well Kosto could have helped tonight but all is well, the Habs will welcome him back to the lineup and I expect a big game from him on Weds.

It'll be nice to have Kosto back in the line-up on Wednesday. we need this guy! It might not be obvious, but he's a contributor to this team!

I get the instigator penaly and all, but to fine Carbo and not Julien is crazy. He told his bench to goon it up. He should be suspended.

Everyone agrees that it wasn't Julien who sent his goons out there. It's just not his style. He never did it when he was coaching the Habs or the Hull Olympiques in the QMJHL, why would he start now. I just believe that his captain(Chara) lost his head!