Game Thread | Habs vs. Sabres | 11/23/07

Spider-Man NL

so.. one goal by Buffalo on a missed offside call. Another goal by Buffalo on a bad penalty call.

Now they call the habs off side when they were on side by a mile....

Let's hope they can crawl back in this one, despite the reffing...

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The PP looked sloppy...can't have a 4 minute man advantage and not come out of it with a goal. I also feel that Koivu was garbage tonight...he better wake up in time for tomorrow night's game.

shame on the ref who called that on Komi, shame on Streit all game long, SPECIALLY down the Sabres zone in the final seconds gave a 50% effort along the board. Streit in the stands tommorow please, time to waking up.

Once again, why oh why Kosto,Chips and Tender with 1m50 to go down 1 goal ??? I'd let Kovy play the whole 2 finals minutes instead of Kosto.

I think Carbo needs to call officiating out on this game. That last period was disgusting. No call on the Plex trip off the face off. Offside calls and lack thereof.CALLING KOMI FOR MAKING A GREAT DEFENSIVE PLAY, AND NOT CALLING A SOFTY ON buffalo WHEN YOU REALIZE THAT YOUR STUPID CALL CHANGED THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME. i AM USUALLY MELLOW AFTER A LOSS, BUT | AM FURIOUS RIGHT NOW.

You are a hard person to keep happy. :rolleyes:

?

I am not blaming refs, I am not blaming Koivu, I am not blaming anyone. But it is frustrating when you set yourself up for a point and then give it up in the last 10 minutes. It is called frustration. Bad refs, lack of effort, yet they were right there to take it and they came away with nothing. Good teams make big kills, I want them to be there, but they are not there yet.

Nothing more, nothing less. They are going to have to win these games to get to the next level.

?

I am not blaming refs, I am not blaming Koivu, I am not blaming anyone. But it is frustrating when you set yourself up for a point and then give it up in the last 10 minutes. It is called frustration. Bad refs, lack of effort, yet they were right there to take it and they came away with nothing. Good teams make big kills, I want them to be there, but they are not there yet.

Nothing more, nothing less. They are going to have to win these games to get to the next level.

I was just joking about you wishing they would lose worse. Trust me, they will make your wish come true. ;)

shame on the ref who called that on Komi, shame on Streit all game long, SPECIALLY down the Sabres zone in the final seconds gave a 50% effort along the board. Streit in the stands tommorow please, time to waking up.

Once again, why oh why Kosto,Chips and Tender with 1m50 to go down 1 goal ??? I'd let Kovy play the whole 2 finals minutes instead of Kosto.

The 2nd line just came off the ice and it was a short shift. He was looking for Koivu's line followed by Pleks's line. I think Kovy was the extra man on both lines...

Players don't play 2 minutes shifts at the end of a long game anymore, except maybe a defenseman. Better a guy with his legs moving then someone dog tired.

I was just joking about you wishing they would lose worse. Trust me, they will make your wish come true. ;)

When they shit the bed like they did last Friday I get on with my night and don't think about it again.

When they do what they did tonight, that shit is going to bug me all night.

I think Carbo needs to call officiating out on this game. That last period was disgusting. No call on the Plex trip off the face off. Offside calls and lack thereof.CALLING KOMI FOR MAKING A GREAT DEFENSIVE PLAY, AND NOT CALLING A SOFTY ON buffalo WHEN YOU REALIZE THAT YOUR STUPID CALL CHANGED THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME. i AM USUALLY MELLOW AFTER A LOSS, BUT | AM FURIOUS RIGHT NOW.

As am I.

Carbonneau should I agree screw the fine just say it as it is.

When they shit the bed like they did last Friday I get on with my night and don't think about it again.

When they do what they did tonight, that shit is going to bug me all night.

Hehe, yeah, it was even worse since the ref blew the call..

Look at the bright side, Ribs is having a great game and Dallas is beating the Leafs... (the leafs losing is always nice )

reffing was BRUTAL!!! (I was watching on and off, but I caught the Komi penalty). Boone says on his blog that Higgins looks like he could have injured his hand... anyone know what that's all about??? was he hurt earlier in the game. I saw him playing late...

The 2nd line just came off the ice and it was a short shift. He was looking for Koivu's line followed by Pleks's line. I think Kovy was the extra man on both lines...

Players don't play 2 minutes shifts at the end of a long game anymore, except maybe a defenseman. Better a guy with his legs moving then someone dog tired.

Kovalchuk, Alfredson, Sakic, Sundin, name them, all play kind of 1m30-2m shifts when they need a goal, and these coachs certainly not play 4th line with 1m50 sec left.

Kovalchuk, Alfredson, Sakic, Sundin, name them, all play kind of 1m30-2m shifts when they need a goal, and these coachs certainly not play 4th line with 1m50 sec left.

Well, the leafs just lost, so it didn't help them. :)

Brutal call at the end. This game could've been headed into overtime. They definitly didnt play their greatest however, so maybe they didn't deserve it. No capitalization on our opportunities, including Streit's beautiful feed to Latendresse and our multiple powerplays, including the 4 minute one.

Get some rest and head back to Montreal boys for Saturday night and come up big, we need that two points and it will be a big win heading into Toronto.

GO HABS GO

Plex Kovy #### is definitely our best line.

Yet they were broken up in the third period. Latendresse keeps winding up on that line.

The ref made some bad calls, but it's not like it was horrendous. Worse calls have gone both ways all season, we're only bitching because they happened to score the game winning goal on that particular miscall (which wasn't too glaring considering he hit the puck a fraction of a second before sending him sprawling, many Habs fans would bitch if it weren't called like that for us).

The Koivu line was weak as usual, but at least Ryder seems to be slowly coming back to form. I hope Higgins isn't hurt. What I really don't get was why Plekanec was not on the ice during the final minute, while Koivu and Ryder were, who both had weak games. That was one of the few decisions that I've thought Carbo screwed up so far this year. And Kostitsyn showed that he can be invisible for a whole game, and then make a brilliant play like that pass to Plex.

And am I the only one who wants to see some more of Gorges? Let the guy play, Bouillon isn't THAT good.

D'oh that sux0rs. I missed over half the game but saw them tie it up. It looked like Habs were out chancing em from what I saw when I first turned it on.

Tomorry's game is a must win game now. The Habs have yet to fail to pick up points in 2 consecutive games and I dont want them to tie.

As am I.

Carbonneau should I agree screw the fine just say it as it is.

Jeebus H Cristmas in a Chicken basket. What a great way to not win the Cup for over 40 years. :P

Fans can bash the refs all they want, but the franchise should never. It's a huge faux pas. No good comes from it, and will generally only make it worse.