Game Thread | Habs vs. Sabres | 11/23/07

Spider-Man NL

Yet they were broken up in the third period. Latendresse keeps winding up on that line.

Thats just a damn shame!! Guy must me crazy. I just saw the highlights of the game, and GUI must sit a couple of games. A disgrace the "shot"he deliveres when he comes all alone in front of Miller. He waits and waits just as long as Miller is ready. Damnit. SLAP that thing home @)(#*)(@*#!@#!!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet they were broken up in the third period. Latendresse keeps winding up on that line.

they (kovy, plex, kosty) were put back together at the end. lats was only on that line for a few shifts...

Some PLEASE explain: why do people think Higgins is hurt? What happened?

I agree that Guillaume must sit, he is not the only second year player around the league having a hardtime.

Penner, Clowe,Zajak,Staal.

Big and tall players take longer to develop, however he doesn'thurt that much on the fourth line people.

He doesn't eat time off first and second line. Be patient, it's a off year twoyears like that in a row would

be worrysome. The kid have good hands and usually a good release. A stunt in Hamilton would be an experience

for him, but who would replace him. Milroy? Lapierre?

What was Koivu doing in second shift in PK?? With Streit on defense. I called the goal ten second before it came.

Chipchura is having ice time cut lately and i do not understand. And this time it cost at least a point.

Chip and Kosto would have make a better pk forwards since Komo was out. Itleft no choice to Carbo to use Streit

but this proves what a lotof people are asking for.

On right D we are very vulnerable defensively. We cannot send Brisebois in critical situation and he was

horrible offensively in PP.

O'byrne should be brough up and power up this right D and relieve Komisarek of some pressure.

Gorges should play the next game instead of Brisebois. Bell Centre people will not be as patient as

a lot of people are praying us to do. I am not so patient.

they (kovy, plex, kosty) were put back together at the end. lats was only on that line for a few shifts...

He was back and forth to the dressing room during the Bruins game.

At one point, he looked like he was in pain while he was sitting on the bench. Later in the game he was having truoble skating to the bench at the end of his shift. He just looks beat up.

He was back and forth to the dressing room during the Bruins game.

yeah, but that was his ankle, I remember that. Boone was talking specifically about his hand. Did you guys notice anything about his hand??

At one point, he looked like he was in pain while he was sitting on the bench. Later in the game he was having truoble skating to the bench at the end of his shift. He just looks beat up.

thanks for the answer (JMMR too)... so you didn't notice anything about his hand specifically?? That's what Boone was mentioning.

Well another disappointing effort last night. The people asking for Lats to be benched either don't know hockey or just have a favourite player they like to pick on. He was not on the ice for any goals, he was hitting and doing great work against the boards. He didn't create much offensively, but KNOWONE on the habs did. They had a breakaway and PP goal. The rest 5 on 5 was hard to watch.

The forward lines need a shakeup. They are simply not producing 5 on 5 again. The plus minus is heading right back to last years effort.

The defense was awfull on all 3 goals last night. Why is it that other teams ALWAYS have a 2 to 1 advantage in front of the Habs net but the Habs can't figure it out on the other end. The D needs to figure out how to win a battle, lift a stick or even better actually HIT someone.

Why no offense?

1. They pass when they should shoot. Always trying to make a perfect play.

2. Know one drives to the net (higgins sometimes)

3. You are suppose to cycle towards the net not away from it. How many frickin turnover happen when a habs, stops, circles back away from the net and try a pass through 5 people. Too many.

4. No player has the stones to make a tough play and get a garbage goal.

Coaching:

1. GC has 2 faults:

2. He doesn't treat everyone the same, vets get special treatment they don't deserve. BVenchings are for everyone.

3. He rely's on the vets in crucial situations and normally gets burned. He has not learned that this has NEVER worked in the past 5-6 years. The vets are not defensively responsible. Chipchura, Begin, Kosto and even Dandy should be the players out there in crucial defensive situations.

Since Xmas is coming early this year, I beleive the slump is starting already, and yes i am sticking to my prediction of

finishing 10th. I have decided not to watch any more habs games or post for a few months. i am not a fan who blindly follows a team or sees it with rose colored glasses.

I can't see wasting another 2 1/2 hours of my life for a team who doesn't seem to care about winning. They just float around like lifeless zombies. They haven't really earned my time. Winning and losing happens, as a fan you take the good and the bad but i just can't stand millionares getting a free pass on effort or lack there of. It's been an emabaarasement to the jersey for many years. So I'll take a break for a while.

Hopefully for you posters they can prove my predictions wrong. This is an awesome site and i'll be back again sometime late in the year and we'll see what has happened with the team.

Since Xmas is coming early this year, I beleive the slump is starting already, and yes i am sticking to my prediction of

finishing 10th. I have decided not to watch any more habs games or post for a few months. i am not a fan who blindly follows a team or sees it with rose colored glasses.

I can't see wasting another 2 1/2 hours of my life for a team who doesn't seem to care about winning. They just float around like lifeless zombies. They haven't really earned my time. Winning and losing happens, as a fan you take the good and the bad but i just can't stand millionares getting a free pass on effort or lack there of. It's been an emabaarasement to the jersey for many years. So I'll take a break for a while.

Hopefully for you posters they can prove my predictions wrong. This is an awesome site and i'll be back again sometime late in the year and we'll see what has happened with the team.

I don't know, I think you are being a little hard on them. If they do end up up in 10th like you feel, props to you but I see them better than that this year. The Sabres are very underrated to start the season, because well obviously they started off slow. However, that doesn't mean they still don't have all kinds of firepower in that roster like Roy, Connolly, Vanek, Pominville etc.

They aren't producing like they should at this point, but we are catching Buffalo in the midst of their win streak, and possibly the resurrection of last years Sabres....That's why I'm not totally freaking out because I know this home and home against them is not going to be any sort of walk in the park. Montreal will come out flying in front of the home crowd tomorrow night and hopefully win that game, and give you some more confidence in this team.

With that being said, I still think Gainey needs to trade Ryder because the season keeps carrying on and he keeps sucking even more. He is no good out there this year, and although I like him its time to say goodbye. Package him with Halak.

Well another disappointing effort last night. The people asking for Lats to be benched either don't know hockey or just have a favourite player they like to pick on. He was not on the ice for any goals, he was hitting and doing great work against the boards. He didn't create much offensively, but KNOWONE on the habs did. They had a breakaway and PP goal. The rest 5 on 5 was hard to watch.

The forward lines need a shakeup. They are simply not producing 5 on 5 again. The plus minus is heading right back to last years effort.

The defense was awfull on all 3 goals last night. Why is it that other teams ALWAYS have a 2 to 1 advantage in front of the Habs net but the Habs can't figure it out on the other end. The D needs to figure out how to win a battle, lift a stick or even better actually HIT someone.

Why no offense?

3. You are suppose to cycle towards the net not away from it. How many frickin turnover happen when a habs, stops, circles back away from the net and try a pass through 5 people. Too many.

Coaching:

1. GC has 2 faults:

2. He doesn't treat everyone the same, vets get special treatment they don't deserve. BVenchings are for everyone.

3. He rely's on the vets in crucial situations and normally gets burned. He has not learned that this has NEVER worked in the past 5-6 years. The vets are not defensively responsible. Chipchura, Begin, Kosto and even Dandy should be the players out there in crucial defensive situations.

Well Boo! I for one am going to miss reading your posts Chris. You've always told it like it is, even if it's often a bit harsh... Hopefully the team proves you wrong. They're learning, but it's slow and old habits are hard to break. I hope Carbo does start treating vets and rookies the same. It'll make a difference in the overall learning curve for how long it takes us to really break the "laziness" habit.

Why no offense?

Coaching:

1. GC has 2 faults:

I couln't see myself out of NHL hockey, at this part of the eason, anybody can beat anybody any night.

A 82 games season is long and it's a pride sticking to a team when it makes achievement.

I see your point, it's not obvious that they will accomplish something, but still there is a chance and i want to be there

for that.

See ya soon, your comments are often right on where it hurts and it'S good to have posters like you.

I disagree with everything Chris said except for 1 thing, in which he is 110% correct.

From what I saw in this game its the same reason why the Habs loose most games. Weak D down low which leads to goals, preceded by poor clearing attempts causing exhaustion. Its a reoccurring problem when the Habs are collapsed down low in front of the goalie. They usually have the correct positioning, but are typically too weak and non physical. On so many goals there are 3 Habs (other than the Goalie) standing right there in direct vicinity of the goal scorer. When theres 3 guys standing there under no circumstances should the 1 opposition player come up with puck, let alone be able to shoot it, and actually score. In these circumstances attempting to get the puck with your stick isnt sufficient. It burns em every time!! Sens 3-1 game Neil, Sens 4-2 game Neil, etc.

Often in most of these situations the goalie would be better off trying to poke check the guy because the D are just standing there.

If they can figure this problem out, their record would actually be more like Ottawas. So I definitely wouldnt say they are going to finish 10th. They most certainly are a playoff team. Most of the games they have lost have been close games with a bad goals coming from weak D down low. Without this problem most of the Habs losses this season would have been W's. There still room for them to improve, but they dont need to improve by leaps and bounds. Its not Armageddon quite yet but they do need to work on this problem for sure.