Grey Cup Thread

jetsniper

First off, I'd like to start off with this gem.

haha. I want a place to talk about my Lions! 4 wins in a row, just beat Winnipeg our only real competition for the Grey Cup, in Summerpeg (compared to BC right now its not Winterpeg yet) in the rain. woot!

Back to Back Grey Cups here we come!

Sorry Pierre, I had to. I knew BC would lose in the playoffs.

Anyway, does anyone plan on watching? I probably won't. I haven't watched a Grey Cup since Calgary beat Winnipeg in 2001. I'd like to think Winnipeg is going to win but that front seven for the Riders is just too damn good. Fred Perry is a beast. Remains to be seen how good this Dinwiddle kid is but who knows. Maybe this is the start of a story about one of the best QBs the CFL has seen. Unlikely, but you never know.

I just hate every team in the West not named Calgary so much. And Kerry Joseph getting all these awards over Henry Burris is really pissing me off. Burris was clearly the best QB in the league this year, it's just the fact our defense totally sucks that he's not getting as much recogition from the league. Hell, Sun Media (meaning every Sun paper in the country) named Burris best player in the league. Not even best QB, best player. He threw for more yards and more TDs then Joseph AND had a better completion %. Burris's QB rating is 5 points higher then Joseph's.

Sorry for my little rant, it's in the same essence as Mils and Holliday. :P

I'm also a little confused as to why I did this at quarter to 4 in the morning but who knows why I do half of the things that I do. Anyway, off to bed. Go Bombers Go, kick the crap out of those stupid melon heads.

I'll watch, see if Toronto actually shows up for the game since they hate Canada and want to be American so badly.

Are you kidding me?

The entire prairie is in Toronto for this one, theres going to be masses of green tonight.

*checks* Yep, games sold out. Wondering if theres going to be a good turnout for a Saskatchewan game is like wondering if peant butter has peanuts in it. Duh!

Lets go Bombers.

I used to go to every labour day game when I lived in Sask and cheered for the Bombers with my dad.

Everyone else in my family are Massive Riders fans and my grandpa has had season tickets for like a bizzillian years.

SO GO BOMBERS GO.

Edited by Habsfan24

Are you kidding me?

The entire prairie is in Toronto for this one, theres going to be masses of green tonight.

*checks* Yep, games sold out. Wondering if theres going to be a good turnout for a Saskatchewan game is like wondering if peant butter has peanuts in it. Duh!

Wasn't talking about people outside of Toronto was talking about the people living in Toronto. I'm tired of this NFL talk, Will Toronto except the CFL? etc. etc.

Wasn't talking about people outside of Toronto was talking about the people living in Toronto. I'm tired of this NFL talk, Will Toronto except the CFL? etc. etc.

I know you weren't but how are you gonna tell if Toronto shows up for the Grey Cup when the entire province of Saskatchewan is filling the Rogers centre.

EDIT: Wow, didn't know the forum forced you to spell words the Canadian way.

*uses the -er ending for Centre*

I know you weren't but how are you gonna tell if Toronto shows up for the Grey Cup when the entire province of Saskatchewan is filling the Rogers centre.

EDIT: Wow, didn't know the forum forced you to spell words the Canadian way.

*uses the -er ending for Centre*

that's my gift to you.

yeah accept my bad early in the morning here on the west coast, so early you guys in the east go to bed and we just get up.

Jets this is Canada, you wannabe an american move south brother.

Speaking of Toronto accepting the CFL, the CBC has been running "teach someone from Toronto about the CFL".

Toronto the enigma, the wannabes.

yeah accept my bad early in the morning here on the west coast, so early you guys in the east go to bed and we just get up.

Speaking of Toronto accepting the CFL, the CBC has been running "teach someone from Toronto about the CFL".

seriously, this is almost unreadable.

When did I say I wanted to be an American?

Because I like to put -er at the end of centre?

Bite me. And take some Ritalin while you're at it. You're typing like a posessed monkey.

lol guys you need a translator? I don't understand, I guess I'm the only one who speaks fluent 'merican.

(in response to the except instead of accept Toronto) yeah my bad (my mistake) early in the morning (it was early in the morning for me, I just got up) on the west coast, so early (think letterman joke about it being hot in new york city) you guys (everyone east of BC) go to bed when we (west coasters) are just getting up.

Jets this is Canada (most people are canadians on here) you wannabe american (if you to be american) move south (move to america) brother.

Speaking of Toronto accepting the CFL (since that's what I was referring to in the first place), the CBC (CBC has) been running "teach someone from Toronto about the CFL". (segments on television in the pre-game activities for the Grey Cup)

(definition of Toronto) The enigma (they're in Canada yet they don't show up for Canadian sports non leafs) wannabes (strongly anti-american in political views, yet desperately want to be recognized by the people to the south, Canada is not good enough for them)

haven't been on ritalin since like grade 3. lol

Yes, simple words like that show your american influence. You've got to understand I get the same vicious hateful response from supposedly friends back in stl when I say "neighbourhood" or "colour" they say "you're a focking american you focking traitor, go fock yourself you piece of sh!t"

which in return makes me more hateful of my "homeland" and I vow never to live in it again.

Edited by Pierre the Great

It's not an American influence, it just looks stupid. Even when I was 4, I refused to do the -re ending. I'm not influenced or brain-washed or anything. It's a grammatical personal preference. Teachers hated me for it.

I still say colour and neighbourhood and all that deal.

to me i can't stand -er endings it makes me cringe in pain and agony. So much so I've gotten words changed around here by demanding they be written in the right language of the country, english. To me -er means america, and american influence seeping into and taking over another society where it doesn't belong. It must be stamped out. I'm about to campaign for the 5 metre rule for smoking in the school to be stopped and just make smoking illegal, not because smokers should be smoking in front of buildings (they shouldn't) but because all the signs are in american and say "5 meters smoke free zone" this is something I cannot stand for.

to me i can't stand -er endings it makes me cringe in pain and agony. So much so I've gotten words changed around here by demanding they be written in the right language of the country, english. To me -er means america, and american influence seeping into and taking over another society where it doesn't belong. It must be stamped out. I'm about to campaign for the 5 metre rule for smoking in the school to be stopped and just make smoking illegal, not because smokers should be smoking in front of buildings (they shouldn't) but because all the signs are in american and say "5 meters smoke free zone" this is something I cannot stand for.

I feel stupider for having read this.

the game is as good as hockey game when they play the trap.

should make it fun for the 2nd half.

the game is as good as hockey game when they play the trap.

should make it fun for the 2nd half.

and for the half time treat: an overrated american signer. as long as he doesn'.t show his boobs we're ok !!