Grey Cup Thread

jetsniper

Ridres 10 Bombres 7 at the half

LMAO you guys are nuts, how you liking living on the coast Petre?

ps My colour doesn't need u but it likes u neighbour

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

I'll take saskatchewan by a field goal !!

wow!!! I think I got my prediction right(almost) for the 1st time.

anyhow, bad game. didn't beat the edmonton-montreal in overtime few years ago.

ypu gptta feel sorry for the poor kid who started his first ever cfl game in the grey cup.

Edited by marky_and_komi

I cried tonight. Dear God, winning is an amazing feeling. I haven't backed a winner this intesely in my life. In 1993 with the Habs, I was 11 and cocky. happy but not at the level I'm at currently. In 1989 with the Riders, I was young and couldn't appreciate it.

I ran down the street with my roommates after the win. I didn't have a jacket. It was a feeling beyond description.

I'm on top of the world.

I should mention it was -15C when I ran out without a jacket in a t-shirt.

It was as ugly as a win I thought it'd be. We don't win pretty.

Johnson had a tough game against BC and came out as the Grey Cup MVP.

Perseverance, baby. Perseverance.

We've now tied Queen's University for total Grey Cups! And I couldn't be happier! :)

Just got back from my 1st Grey Cup game. Lots of fun, A true Canadian experience for sure.

Rider Nation is not overrated at all, I don't know how well it came through in the broadcast but they were everywhere. Everyone was very well behaved with a few exceptions, but i didn't find anything got out of control.

Me and a couple friends pretended we were from Moose Jaw and signed a flag that one group of Riders fans had set up :lol:

Im glad it was close and exciting at the end, i hope i end up going to Montreal next year...

Just got back from my 1st Grey Cup game. Lots of fun, A true Canadian experience for sure.

Rider Nation is not overrated at all, I don't know how well it came through in the broadcast but they were everywhere. Everyone was very well behaved with a few exceptions, but i didn't find anything got out of control.

Me and a couple friends pretended we were from Moose Jaw and signed a flag that one group of Riders fans had set up :lol:

Im glad it was close and exciting at the end, i hope i end up going to Montreal next year...

I live in Calgary, I know ALL about Rider Nation.

Went to Burris's first game against the Riders after signing here, I was the only Stamps fan in my secion. They weren't kind at the beginning of the game either considering I'd bought a Burris jersey so I got an earful from the section. Then Burris threw for like, 4 TDs and we won 46-14 or something like that.

I knew Saskatchewan would descend upon Toronto.

I live in Calgary, I know ALL about Rider Nation.

Went to Burris's first game against the Riders after signing here, I was the only Stamps fan in my secion. They weren't kind at the beginning of the game either considering I'd bought a Burris jersey so I got an earful from the section. Then Burris threw for like, 4 TDs and we won 46-14 or something like that.

I knew Saskatchewan would descend upon Toronto.

Funny you mention that, we ran into Burris outside the Dome and talked to him briefly and shooks his hand.

Funny you mention that, we ran into Burris outside the Dome and talked to him briefly and shooks his hand.

Yeah, I've ran into Burris around the city too (once when I was wearing his jersey actually, he offered to sign it for me, haha). I hope he was good to you guys.

Yeah, I've ran into Burris around the city too (once when I was wearing his jersey actually, he offered to sign it for me, haha). I hope he was good to you guys.

He seemed like a very nice guy. Was taking photos with a couple of fans and then took the time to talk and shake our hands. Its stuff like that that I think is best about the CFL, all of the players are really just ordinary guys.

He seemed like a very nice guy. Was taking photos with a couple of fans and then took the time to talk and shake our hands. Its stuff like that that I think is best about the CFL, all of the players are really just ordinary guys.

Yeah, CFL players are great.

Reminds me of the time I got to go to Jeff Garcia's birthday party a couple houses up from where I live. Everyone there was super awesome to me and my buddy who lived a couple doors down from me. We were playing football outside and got invited inside. Met the entire Stamps team.

Wow thats awesome...

Ive met Adrion Smith a couple of times, one time he came to my school to speak and signed my cast (had a broken leg at the time).

And another time he came to our football team's practice to give us a talk and show us a few things, really great guy.

Wow thats awesome...

Ive met Adrion Smith a couple of times, one time he came to my school to speak and signed my cast (had a broken leg at the time).

And another time he came to our football team's practice to give us a talk and show us a few things, really great guy.

Awesome, I think community work is pretty widespread in the CFL. The Stampeders always sent a bunch of guys to various high schools to play basketball against the senior teams (it was usually the girls at our school though since it was always when the guys were at some tourney) and then they'd stay after the game and sign autographs.

I should probably specify about ther Garcia thing, Jamie Crysdale (has his number retired by the team, he retired one or two years ago) used to live by me up until about 1999 or 2000. He had this huuuge Great Dane that all the kids in the neighbourhood used to play with.