Game Thread | Canadiens de Montréal vs. Maple Leafs de Toronto | 11/27/07

Spider-Man NL

Higgins Koivu Latendresse

Kostytsin Plekanec Kovalev

Ryder Chipchura Dandenault

Bégin Smolinski Kostopoulos

Those were the lines at practice today.

these lines sound pretty good. Hopefully Lats on the first means more crashing and banging and standing in front of the net. Both Higgy and Lats have chemistry with Koivu so lets see what the 3 of them can do together. I like Chipper as our 3rd line C and Smolinski as our 4th line guy, as I feel Chipper's playing well while Smoke has struggled somewhat lately...

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of Ryder on his off wing trailing the much speedier dandenault and Chips (not that chips is exactly a bullet). Being a target for those two might end up being pretty good. I forget - what was the line combo when Ryder got demoted last time and actually showed some signs of waking up?

these lines sound pretty good. Hopefully Lats on the first means more crashing and banging and standing in front of the net. Both Higgy and Lats have chemistry with Koivu so lets see what the 3 of them can do together. I like Chipper as our 3rd line C and Smolinski as our 4th line guy, as I feel Chipper's playing well while Smoke has struggled somewhat lately...

agreed. the time for smoke on the fourth and chips on the third has come. With Kost stabilizing the 2nd line, plekanec continuing to emerge as a great 2nd option centre and Price quickly becoming a serviceable NHL goalie with lots of upside, the maturation of Chips has been pretty much under the radar in the MSM. The Smoke job in Mio's Gazette interview being an indicator.

They can't fire him, nobody wants his job :rolleyes:

And don't let anyone walk in front of the TV, blocking the goalie is a bad thing!!!!

PS Is it time for "The Call" yet? I'll try it , we may need the edge.

I forgot about "THE CALL"

What do you mean Is IT TIME? I thought you've been doing it all along. :lol:

Higgins Koivu

Kostytsin Plekanec Kovalev

Ryder Chipchura Dandenault

Bégin Smolinski Kostopoulos

Those were the lines at practice today.

i really like these lines, the third line looks good, i think chips and dans could set ryder up..

They can't fire him, nobody wants his job :rolleyes:

And don't let anyone walk in front of the TV, blocking the goalie is a bad thing!!!!

PS Is it time for "The Call" yet? I'll try it , we may need the edge.

what's "the call"?? I have NO idea what you guys are talking about and I'm feeling just a bit left out :unsure:

I like the idea of Ryder on his off wing trailing the much speedier dandenault and Chips (not that chips is exactly a bullet). Being a target for those two might end up being pretty good. I forget - what was the line combo when Ryder got demoted last time and actually showed some signs of waking up?

hehehh. Is Chips actually faster than Ryder? Wow, that says something about Ryder, doesn't it? I don't think speed is exactly Chips' strong point, but he has pretty good hands. His real strength though is just how well he sees the ice.

agreed. the time for smoke on the fourth and chips on the third has come. With Kost stabilizing the 2nd line, plekanec continuing to emerge as a great 2nd option centre and Price quickly becoming a serviceable NHL goalie with lots of upside, the maturation of Chips has been pretty much under the radar in the MSM. The Smoke job in Mio's Gazette interview being an indicator.

yeah, so on Habinsideout.com, they showed those lines, but they've got Smoke's line listed as the third, and Chips' listed as the 4th. I guess we'll see how they're used and who sees more time during the actual game. I hope Chips' line sees a lot of minutes. It would be good for Chips, and Dandy, and Ryder. I hope they play real "Shutdown" hockey, while the Kosto/Beige/Smoke line is the more grinding, crash and bang line, if you know what I mean.

And I agree that Chips has really flown under the radar. Probably the best thing that can happen to him is for people not to really notice he's as good as he is and then WHAM, by the time they realize he's a well-rounded solid NHLer and he's ironed out the kinks in his game. I think all our other kids have to deal with being under the microscope so much (Lats, Price, Kosty, Grabs, etc) that it's kind of nice for Chips to just bring his lunch pail to work and slowly, inconspicuously turn into a really solid defensive forward...

Maybe this will light a fire under some of the guys who aren't producing like they should.

Guy Lafleur said this during RDS' post-game show after Saturday's loss: "Le Canadien n'a pas de premier trio, il compte sur quatre quatri�mes trios!" which loosely translates into, "The Canadiens don't have a first line. They have four fourth lines." - TSN

I know the last couple of games have been tough, but four 4th lines?!?

Maybe this will light a fire under some of the guys who aren't producing like they should.

Guy Lafleur said this during RDS' post-game show after Saturday's loss: "Le Canadien n'a pas de premier trio, il compte sur quatre quatri�mes trios!" which loosely translates into, "The Canadiens don't have a first line. They have four fourth lines." - TSN

Ouch. That definitely isn't the case, but maybe that'll light a fire under the boys. I like the new line combinations, and I hope Carbo wil give them some time to gel. In any case, we'll have to be at our best to beat the Leafs. They're coming off a bad loss and will be looking for redemption. They're switching their lines around as well... Blake will now be skating with Tucker and Wellwood (the under 5'10 line), and Antropov will be up with Sundin again. I hope Carbo can get his line matches.

GO HABS GO!!!

isn't lafleur an ambassador?

Yes he is. And you wouldn't hear Beliveau say something like that, at least i don't think he would.

I don't agree with Lafleur on the 4 4th lines but I'm able to see what he means. If you look at our goals, and I have seen all of them so far this year. You might notice that rarely are they pretty plays. Not any one of our lines instill fear in the opposition, Our guys most times look just as surprised they scored then the fans do. In the final seconds with a pulled goalie we are never a threat. I never feel like someone's going to pull through and start a comeback or score a game winner at certain points in a game. I simply feel like "Right on !! The boys are working hard and doing well tonight.....good for them" or I am pleasantly surprised with a sweet play here or there and hope for more in the next period or game.

In all honesty Lafleur's analogy isn't far from the truth. I'd say we have 4 REALLY GOOD third lines. Hard working checking lines that can score. Not a bad thing. We all know that. We are a couple of players away from having a bona-fide threat for a 1st line. We know that too. I'm not sure what the problem is with what he said. It's closer to the truth then not. Unless third and 4th lines are a really bad thing to be, I don't get it.

I thought he only did the call for sens games? I'm so not ready for the next HW trivia game :(

Mwuhahahahahahaha! That's right. FEAR the HW trivia game!

Anyways, go Habs!

I don't do this often and I hope the team keeps my streak alive. I've never been wrong when I say THE HABS WILL WIN!

:hlogo:

THE HABS WILL WIN!

I wish that worked for me, cuz if it did we would be 82 and 0 :) I really though they would beat the Sabres on saturday, but I really, really think they will win this one. It's the leafs for cryin out loud. We have to win!

Edited by brboo

There is no sweeter victory than beating the leafs in Toronto, it just hasn't been easy, in fact far from it. Toronto plays a pressure game that Montreal has difficulty with.

Looking forward to seeing the youngster in nets again. I love it when he handles the puck (most of the time)

Toronto plays a pressure game that Montreal has difficulty with.

That may be the case, but I think the Habs could have very easily won all 3 games this year vs the leafs. Game one we had a 3-1 lead late in the second, game 2 there was a lucky bank shot by Sundin, and 2 "weak" goals given up by Huet (the winner with less than 2 minutes to go). I guess a Leaf fan could say that the leafs could be up 3-0 in the season series as well, but theres just something about how the leafs win the games that doesn't sit well with me. That's why I'm hoping for a comfortable win (3 or more goals) tomorrow.

Also, is it a fact that Raycroft is Starting for the Leafs tomorrow, because if he does I think that improves our chances. Toskola has been solid in the 2 Toronto wins vs the Habs this year.

I thought he only did the call for sens games? I'm so not ready for the next HW trivia game :(

No, it was during the last ten game march to the play-offs. If not last year the year before when we played carolina. He goes to a phone booth down the street and makes a collect call to his girlfriend before the game or something. Anyways it worked....so I would encourage it.