Game Thread | Canadiens de Montréal vs. Maple Leafs de Toronto | 11/27/07

Spider-Man NL

No, it was during the last ten game march to the play-offs. If not last year the year before when we played carolina. He goes to a phone booth down the street and makes a collect call to his girlfriend before the game or something. Anyways it worked....so I would encourage it.

Man you are good. It started when my cell died on a western road trip, had to call home collect, said it was from "go Habs Go" as it was game night. Wife laughed and accepted the call. We won so I tried again, and again... Got home, what to do? Someone on here told me to go to the phone booth so I did. LOL. Superstitious, heck no. Now don't block the goalie!

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That photo is what I picture Simonus looks like when he calls himself a fanboy except he's wearing habs colors. Speaking of fanboys where the hell is Dark Farie? or is it a.k.a Natural Mystique?

not cool dude. :hlogo:

:rolleyes:

Edited by simonus

we knew it would be a tough season. Boston has now caught up to us. They are surprising a few people, without Patrice .

Tonight is a true test. A big game for both teams. Leafs are going to play hard. I think tonight will be a good representation of who the Habs really are.

We blew the chance to catch Ottawa last week, bummer. A loss tonight will send us in a downward spiral I don't think we'll get out of for the rest of the season. MUST WIN!!!!!!!! IIn my eyes anyway

we'll have to be at our best to beat the Leafs. They're coming off a bad loss and will be looking for redemption.

The Leaves could be saying the same thing about our players. We've just come of of two tough losses...maybe it'll be our boys who'll come out strong and dominate the game?!?!

Almost all games within our conference are must games and more so within our division and even more so when it the forking laffs. This will be a tough conference to make the playoffs in but we have the goaltending and defence to be 5th in the conference we just need a little more offence. So if Ryder Koivu And Latendrence would elevate their games a little We will be golden. Kovalev has done that and is a pleasure to watch. Higgins has come around a little of late but needs to keep working hard. Chips is playing great. The rest of the team needs to work hard and keep the puck out of our end. The team has played well and are finally buying into the coaching staffs plan. Keep it up now :ghg: :ghg:

I agree, if Koivu(who looks a bit tired), Latendresse and Ryder could have given us an extra 2 or 3 goals each, we would easily have 2 or 3 wins more(which would place us on par with the Hens).

Hopefully putting Latendresse with Koivu and Higgins will do for him what it diod last year...that is, get him and the rest of the line scoring again!

Edited by Habsfan

it should be noted that even with the recent power outage, we are still one of the highest scoring teams in the league (T-6th). I think we can get back on track - I like that Carbo has put Lats up with Koivu to get them both going.

it should be noted that even with the recent power outage, we are still one of the highest scoring teams in the league (T-6th). I think we can get back on track - I like that Carbo has put Lats up with Koivu to get them both going.

True but we do not seem to be able to get the key goal in a game. This is where a sniper comes in, we seem to be able to score goals in bunches but then it is like the whole team is snakebit and can't score. That is where a Ryder is needed to be chipping in and latendresse since neither one is exactly a defensive wizard out there. We need their offence badly. :ghg: :ghg:

True but we do not seem to be able to get the key goal in a game. This is where a sniper comes in, we seem to be able to score goals in bunches but then it is like the whole team is snakebit and can't score. That is where a Ryder is needed to be chipping in and latendresse since neither one is exactly a defensive wizard out there. We need their offence badly. :ghg: :ghg:

We scored "The key goal" more times then we haven't thus far.

ironically, after the trap-happy recent editions of the canadiens, the problem appears to be more defensive, where the habs are 12th in the league. I do think Gorges in place of Bouillon or Streit + Price getting better + increased minutes for Chips will help that out and our decent scoring will lead to more wins. Remember, this is a team that a 3 games ago put up 4 on DiPietro.

Quote by Latendresse

""They're going to be the playmakers and I'm the guy who's going to the net. I'll also make sure nobody's trying to get physical with Saku or Chris. If anyone tries, I'll be in their face."

I smiled when I read that. I'm just not sure if I think it's funny, or does it come from pleasure that just maybe Latendresse is about to have a growing spurt and show us fans he is about to take another step to being the player he wants to be. That guy could be a force in this league....I hope this is the start of something new.

Booth on corner was out of service, had to go to entrance of grocery store. Call was made. May the refs forget there Ontario loyalties and call it all this game. Gave the Laughs a break I thought by calling few the last 2 times.

I still believe that our problem starts with the back end. Play suffocating defence and we have enough talent to get the required goals. Let in 3 or more, or give up more than 25+ shots, and we're in trouble. 12th in the league defensively?? That's crap! If we're top-5 in that respect, we'll be lethal.

They have to weather the storm to start the game. Wait for the chances and transistion well. They definitely need to put a closed sign on the Habs slot area for any leef customers looking for business. They must skate of course. They should win the board battles tonight. A first time pass to a teammate out of our zone would be nice and please make good neutral zone passes on the attack. Relaxed puck possession in the D zone is the key.

Well I am in TO now at my sisters res.

Lots of leaf fans hoping they lose tonight very very weird.

See, that is some typical Leaf fan bullS^%T. Just because of a bunch of drama in the front office they turn it into wanting the team to lose. Why? That is so stupid. Even during the Rejean Houle days I never wished for the Habs to lose so he'd be fired.

GO HABS GO I hope we kick the snot out of them tonight!!!!!!!!!!