Game Thread | Canadiens de Montréal vs. Devils du New Jersey | 11/30/07

Spider-Man NL

Devils are going to win tonight.5 game wiining streak now and they will continue.Will be hard game tonight always is but they will pull it off.all our guys that are expected to score are doing so

go devils ;)

ummmm... how does it make you feel better to go on the opposing team's fan site and talk about your team? wouldn't you rather hang out with fellow devils' fans? Or are there too few of them? or you can't find a site?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ummmm... how does it make you feel better to go on the opposing team's fan site and talk about your team? wouldn't you rather hang out with fellow devils' fans? Or are there too few of them? or you can't find a site?

rofl your funny.

your so sad.dosent say I cant express my opinion on this forum. and btw you dont want to face the fact that the devils outplayed you for the past what 4 years.

I didnt come here to bash anyone so let it go lol

rofl your [sic] funny.

your [sic] so sad.dosent say I cant express my opinion on this forum. and btw you dont want to face the fact that the devils outplayed you for the past what 4 years.

non habs fans are of course welcome to post here...

I think if you read the posts in this thread, you will see that we are all pretty aware of recent history and that the devils seem to have had the habs' number for a while now. So I guess you just like arguing against strawmen and attempting to goad people into getting angry. I guess that's ok.. good luck with that.

rofl your [sic] funny.

your [sic] so sad. (It) doesnt [sic] say I cant [sic] express my opinion on this forum. and btw, you dont [sic] want to face the fact that the devils outplayed you for the past, what, 4 years.

I didnt [sic] come here to bash anyone, so let it go lol.

we'll see what happends [sic] tonight ;)

I guess we will.

I've yet to see a fan of an opposing team come post in one of our game threads in a polite and respectful fashion. I think we're likely to see pigs fly before someone comes in here and says "Hi guys, i'm a Tampa Bay fan, hope i'm not intruding here, just wanted to give a shout to all my fellow hockey fans out there. I'll be rooting for Tampa, obviously, but good luck to the Habs! Enjoy the game!"

I guess we will.

I've yet to see a fan of an opposing team come post in one of our game threads in a polite and respectful fashion. I think we're likely to see pigs fly before someone comes in here and says "Hi guys, i'm a Tampa Bay fan, hope i'm not intruding here, just wanted to give a shout to all my fellow hockey fans out there. I'll be rooting for Tampa, obviously, but good luck to the Habs! Enjoy the game!"

That's fine though as long as they're moderate fans. On another board, I can't stand NJ fans. I find many of them there (I won't say which board) are "We know everything and I saw the Devil's win in 1995 - what do you know you puny little Habs, Leafs or Bruins fans?" There was one guy who told me he was experienced and long in the tooth becasue he had been watching since '95 which made me respond with how I watched them from day 1 (when they had green pants) which had that Dev's fan shut up really quick. Something is wrong when Leaf fans are more preferred. Having said that, I get the impression that DevilsFanatic isn't like this.

So, welcome DevilsFanatic

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

rofl your funny.

your so sad.dosent say I cant express my opinion on this forum. and btw you dont want to face the fact that the devils outplayed you for the past what 4 years.

well, I'm not sure what makes me sad? I was just not really following why you felt the need to post that you felt the devils would win on a habs site. And no where did I say anything about not realizing you've had our number for 4 years, or longer. I'm far from a 'vet' on this board, but I've been watching the habs for 7 years at least, and I know when a team has our number, but just because they've often won in the past, doesn't mean they'll always win in the future. We will see what happens tonight. The thing is, if Montreal wins, I won't be on here saying anything about how that makes me better than you. Wondering if it'll work the same if NJ wins? I get the impression it won't.

non habs fans are of course welcome to post here...

I think if you read the posts in this thread, you will see that we are all pretty aware of recent history and that the devils seem to have had the habs' number for a while now. So I guess you just like arguing against strawmen and attempting to goad people into getting angry. I guess that's ok.. good luck with that.

Well said simonus, well said. I'm not mad, just a little baffled.

I will say this DevilsFanatic, win or lose it's highly likely that after the game you will say or think something to this degree if you haven't watched him yet: "Oh yeah, the Price kid is good. You guys have a lot to look forwasrd to. The feeling reminds me of a certain Calder (rookie) winner in 1994. Sure they're not the same style but you guys must be pleased".

If you have seen Price then you already know what we are talking about.

It will be a thank you Larry Robinson night in New-Jersey.

I have mix feeling about this, why do they want to honor Larry especially when we go there.

It wasn't enough to see Lou Lamoriello presenting Larry Robinson for his 19 going up there??

To me it looks more like a dog pissing around to make his territory.

Ok , Larry his yours, keep him, he would be too emotive to manage a team in Montreal , we get the point

drop the puck and get rid of this game, i hate these boring nights against New-Jersey. I can't wait to see

Detroit next Tuesday.

is it? For real?

I'm sorry, but there's not a neighborhood in Canada as ugly as some of those New York/New Jersey sections. My work takes me there weekly. The arena was built to help out a depressed part of town. Brand-spanking new barn, and the devils still don't sell out.

That's fine though as long as they're moderate fans. On another board, I can't stand NJ fans. I find many of them there (I won't say which board) are "We know everything and I saw the Devil's win in 1995 - what do you know you puny little Habs, Leafs or Bruins fans?" There was one guy who told me he was experienced and long in the tooth becasue he had been watching since '95 which made me respond with how I watched them from day 1 (when they had green pants) which had that Dev's fan shut up really quick. Something is wrong when Leaf fans are more preferred. Having said that, I get the impression that DevilsFanatic isn't like this.

So, welcome DevilsFanatic

yes most of them are like that but what can you do.

and btw I dont care if were boring or not every other fan says the same.but when their team wins they start saying the opposite. "What an amzing game I hope we play the devils again etc. when we win what a boring game they always play the same old trap etc.

anyways hope not to bother any of you guys but I'd like to post here often so see ya guys around.I'm used to it I get bashed around enough at school by habs fans I wont be any different any where else.

Go Devils :)

I guess we will.

Easy Cataclaw. That's a little extreme. If anyone posted something like that I just might piss my pants.

Devils are going to win tonight.5 game wiining streak now and they will continue.Will be hard game tonight always is but they will pull it off.all our guys that are expected to score are doing so

go devils ;)

NOT ON PRICE, MY FRIEND!

We will win tonight....I can feel it.

Food for thought...or is it deja vu?

06/07 through Nov 30th 24 games, 14 - 7 - 3 , 31 pts 73 GF 65 GA

07/08 up to 24 games(tonights game is 25th game) 13 - 8 - 3 , 29 pts 73GF 65 GA

Kinda creepy really.

Last year we played @ the Devils on dec 6 and lost 2-1 in OT.

Edited by Habitforming

We will win tonight....I can feel it.

Food for thought...or is it deja vu?

06/07 through Nov 30th 24 games, 14 - 7 - 3 , 31 pts 73 GF 65 GA

07/08 up to 24 games(tonights game is 25th game) 13 - 8 - 3 , 29 pts 73GF 65 GA

Kinda creepy really.

Last year we played @ the Devils on dec 6 and lost 2-1 in OT.

I don't get it

I don't get it

This is redundant but....

Almost identical stats when comparing the last 2 seasons. Goals for and goals against were identical this far and for tonights game, in comparison....we lost 2-1 in OT.

The devils lost quite a bit of fame during past years with their recent additions not replacing the ones who left. I suppose this year will be different for Habs and Devils game.

Hopefully Brodeur collapses...he always get strong games vs us.

We'll certainly be a strong game if we want to win, 3-4 shots per period wont be enough to get goals past Brodeur especially since he allowed a few gifts last game, he'll surely rebound vs the Canadians...