OR

ckac.jpg

Listen to the game live (In French) at 7:00 pm on CKAC 730 AM

Edited by Spider-Man NL

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well let’s hope they are not too disheartened from last night.

Brodeur is a force against the Habs and it seemed they were frustrated after the first and looking for perfection to beat him after that.

Higgins' comments on Friday's game, "I'm sick and tired of this bullshit of wining one then loosing one. Good teams find a way to put three or four wins together in a row".

:clap:

Higgins is really annoying, turning into a Craig Rivet all talk no action.

IF YOUR SICK AND TIRED OF IT DRIVE THE NET AND SCORE.

Before the year started Higgins was telling everyone he wanted to and believes he can be a 40 40 man but he looks like Jan Bulis out there.

I really hope he backs up his words tonight I expect big things from that Alternate Captain.

First game for Dutchie in his Koivu jersey.. time to put Saku in my fantasy league team..

Nice GDT Spidey,

Pretty sure Chris will be fine, he's the real deal..

Go :hlogo: go!

First game for Dutchie in his Koivu jersey.. time to put Saku in my fantasy league team..

Nice GDT Spidey,

Pretty sure Chris will be fine, he's the real deal..

Go :hlogo: go!

The real deal of what?

A 30 goal scoring 55 point player?

-an excellent hockey player,

-a leader,

-a man who backs up his words,

-an example for his teammates,

-aware of the responsibilities of being a good citizen and giving back to the community,

-a hard worker,

-the kind of player I want on my hockey team,

AKA the real deal, (if its correct to say it like that in english ;) )

:hlogo:

Edited by mathieu30

Higgins is really annoying, turning into a Craig Rivet all talk no action.

IF YOUR SICK AND TIRED OF IT DRIVE THE NET AND SCORE.

Before the year started Higgins was telling everyone he wanted to and believes he can be a 40 40 man but he looks like Jan Bulis out there.

I really hope he backs up his words tonight I expect big things from that Alternate Captain.

i feel a bit of your frustration, JMMR. I like that some of the younger guys are gaining leadership positions on the team, but Higgins has done little to impress so far this year. I used to be equally fanatic about komi & higgins, but their performances has really led me to believe that Komi deserves a leadership role more.

This is an important game for the Habs. This is about the time last year that they started to fall apart.

I think believing in a december swoon can become a self fulfilling reality. This is a young team with guys who are getting used to the NHL - plekanec, Higgins, latendresse, kostitsyn, chipchura, price, streit and to a lesser degree Komisarek. That, combined with the arrival of Hamrlik make me wary to try to look for similarity between this team and recent incarnations of the tricolore. This team might swoon or it might not, but it will not be because of last year.

That being said, I think after the team's recent performance it would do them well to get off their asses. I think after the Bruins game they tried to be an offensive juggernaut (see the ottawa debacle), realized it wouldn't work and are trying to refind their game.

I fear the lack of 5 on 5 scoring is creating neurosis in the players and I hope they realize that against another goalie, they would have scored a few in the first period against NJ. Mason is a decent goalie, but very beatable - if they play their first period game against Nashville, they should end the period ahead.

Also, after years of trying to see the good, I think I'm finally done with Brisebois. I'd love to see Brisebois sit a few, get Gorges some time and let Streit get a chance to pair with O'Byrne instead of Cube.

GO HABS GO. I still believe.

although it was too late, last season it was against Nashville that we started coming out of our slump.We were shut out 2 games in a row before we played them and beat them 5-1 or so, and went on a pretty good run, but unfortunately it was too little too late.

Time for Saku to get his head out of his ass, or be sat down on the bench. Play the guys who are giving their all more....cut the ice of the guys who are just going through the motions. If this game is more of the same, it's time for a couple of call-ups.

Time for Saku to get his head out of his ass, or be sat down on the bench. Play the guys who are giving their all more....cut the ice of the guys who are just going through the motions. If this game is more of the same, it's time for a couple of call-ups.

If I were, let us say, Kyle Chipchura or Roman Hamrlik, and Carbo told the group that Koivu was being benched for a game I'd probably go apoplectic. Chips - "OK... so we are losing and unable to generate offense.... and you are benching the captain and one of our best offensive players because he hasn't been scoring all that much recently? Thanks a hell of a lot Carbo! I've played all of 25 games in the NHL, training to be a shutdown centre and I guess I'm supposed to score a hat trick or something? Great... I hope you don't mind when I don't get back in my zone because I'm going nuts trying to score. BTW - who am I playing with now? Does Pleks get Higgins, or am I suddenly the number one center? I just met this Ryder guy and I'm still getting used to him. Great." Hamr - "I didn't sign here to play with Koivu on the bench. Without Koivu, the forward corps has an average age of like 12. I just got away from raising Phaneuf and now I have the damn little rascals playing in front of me. I hope Kovalev brings it tonight."

i feel a bit of your frustration, JMMR. I like that some of the younger guys are gaining leadership positions on the team, but Higgins has done little to impress so far this year. I used to be equally fanatic about komi & higgins, but their performances has really led me to believe that Komi deserves a leadership role more.

I thought that from the get go Komisarek has been around longer and is accomplishing more than Higgins is on the ice as well.

One bad game and suddenly we're hating on Higgins?

He's a (gigantic) part of the future of this hockey club.

Even when he's not on the score sheet, he's constantly giving his best effort.

Yes he is but I believe habs fans and Higgins himself may have set the bar to high. He said before the year started that he was a 40 40 man but with his inability to convert numerous scoring chances it appears he is more suited for a 2nd/3rd line role.

I hope Kovalev brings it tonight."

Odd thing is that is the one thing you can pretty much bank on.

Kovalev season this year breaks down like this.

Dominant games - 19

Good games - 4

Not the best -2

If I were, let us say, Kyle Chipchura or Roman Hamrlik, and Carbo told the group that Koivu was being benched for a game I'd probably go apoplectic. Chips - "OK... so we are losing and unable to generate offense.... and you are benching the captain and one of our best offensive players because he hasn't been scoring all that much recently? Thanks a hell of a lot Carbo! I've played all of 25 games in the NHL, training to be a shutdown centre and I guess I'm supposed to score a hat trick or something? Great... I hope you don't mind when I don't get back in my zone because I'm going nuts trying to score. BTW - who am I playing with now? Does Pleks get Higgins, or am I suddenly the number one centre? I just met this Ryder guy and I'm still getting used to him. Great." Hamr - "I didn't sign here to play with Koivu on the bench. Without Koivu, the forward corps has an average age of like 12. I just got away from raising Phaneuf and now I have the damn little rascals playing in front of me. I hope Kovalev brings it tonight."

Any player that lets the benching of another player affect his approach to the game should be benched right alongside him. A benching should be treated the same as a short-term injury: the guy is out...so the others have to step up their game a bit to pick up the slack. With the way Koivu has played lately, that wouldn't be all that hard to accomplish.

Bégin and Kostopoulos scratched

http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/ho...w_samedi.shtml

Grabovski is going to replace Bégin.

Also, Streit will play as a forward and Gorges as a dman.

I don't like Kostopouls being scratched I would rather it be Brisebois and Streit still play defense but I am interested to see how this will work and what the new lines will look like.

Odd thing is that is the one thing you can pretty much bank on.

Kovalev season this year breaks down like this.

Dominant games - 19

Good games - 4

Not the best -2

Kovalev is by far the most consitant habs, both in production and work ethic. The most pleasant surprise of this season so far IMO.

Great thread spidey. Higgins is being judged by his stats and not his effort, he is a guy you can count on to bring it every night. He is a little snakebit right now like the rest of the team. But he will come around and start getting some goals. I am not sure what is wrong with saku he almost seems lost out there, he just is not playing his usual leadership role. I have not heard of any injury trouble so it seems very strange that he is not up to par, with at least the energy and work ethic he has always had. However that being said you CANNOT bench him without real problems happening. He is the leader work with him, do not embarrass him. Or you regret it for a long time. I hope brisebois is sitting tonite. They should beat the preds and at this stage they must or the immediate future does not look so good. :ghg: :ghg: